How many Posette users are there out there

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post How many Posette users are there out there

#1  Kaya 25 Mar 2006 21:44

I am trying to find how many Posette users are out there.  What do you think is the precentage of the ones who use Posette who would absolutly refuse to spend money on Posette?  I am trying to see if it is worth making stuff for Posette.  It seems like some people act like Posette is history and there is no need to make stuff for her. Will anyone apreciate any time I put into Posette freebies and products?  I am not advertising any commerical products here, but do you think it would be worth it to make commercial products and advertise somewhere else.
I was thinking of trying to make a commercial product which I think would benefit Posette users but I read somewhere that someone thought it won't be worth the effort.  I know you would rather have it be a freebie, but I don't know if I can manage it to be a freebie.
 I might just do it just for myself to help me have Posette be more useful for me.  I like the fact that she is low res and still pretty.  I trying to figure out if it is useful for me to put the effort in. I can't go into detail about it because I think that would cross the border of not talking about commerical.
I am not trying to break any rules but wonder how many people out there actually would care if I make something for Posette, whether it is a freebie or a realivally cheap commerical item.

edit:opps accidently put it on poll and there is no poll, because I don't know how to make a poll.

Kaya Gender: Female
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Location: Lost in my computer, inbetween several diffrent programs and browsing web too much
Tomatoes 560
Lemons 462
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  pangor 26 Mar 2006 07:04

There are more Posette users that many would believe.

pangor 

#3  Kaya 26 Mar 2006 07:31

Why is it protrated that there are not many Posette users out there or why making things for her is not worth it?

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Location: Lost in my computer, inbetween several diffrent programs and browsing web too much
Tomatoes 560
Lemons 462
hearts 0

#4  TdaC 26 Mar 2006 12:13

I really don't know   In my opinion the millenium 1 & 2 models have better mapping (but if u use a Posette that takes v1 &v 2 mapping that problem is solved), and the mill 3 models have worse mapping.
For some reason all the mill figures ears are too low and they all share this monkeylook, that is hard to morph away and i'm good at creating morphs.
For me, i like posette/nea because she is better shaped (especially fingers and feet) and her face is more like a blank canvas wich allows  me to me more creative. If u look through varios Poser galleries u see that most mill figs look the same, even when morphed. I think some ppl think Posette is too much work, when they haven't tried her.
I only have on thing i don't like about posette/dork and that is their eyes, i can't get them 100% smoothly shaped.

I have offered Posette freeibes here and at wwww.faeriewylde.com and i have gotten more respons then i expected, especially through pm. Wich at one point got too much for me, wich is why i don't offer as many freebies as i used too.

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#5  Kaya 27 Mar 2006 01:03

so she might be something worth working for.  Oh for eyes, I use eyes made by Deepblue, unfortunally it is commercial but they look great with Posette.  Just need a good skin texture and it helps a lot.  I am doing a test render of Posette out of the box and then with those eyes. If there was a free version of something like that I don't know of any.  if you want I can show renders of Posette with those eyes.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 560
Lemons 462
hearts 0

#6  pangor 27 Mar 2006 09:33

I think that another reasons the so many people talk against the stock Poser modesl like Posette, is because of their own lack of talent or skills.  When any artist first starts working with Poser, he or she is lacking in various skills that we develop as we work with it more and more.  It does not matter which model or models they use in the beginning.  You can see it when you look in anyone's gallery, assuming that the gallery contains their early works.  Many beginners start with the models that are shipped with Poser.  So then lastter they may purchase or download other models.  This often happens when their skills have started to develop just enough.  Then when they look back on their early works, they will blame the model they worked with rather than their own lack of skills.

Then there is the question of talent.  Many artist have it and just as many do not and so they will use other persons talent and call it their own.  They can do that with the highly marketed models, like V3.  But with Posette, they have to have their talent to make something of quality with her.  So, rather than accepting their own lack of talent, they will blame it on Posette.

pangor 

#7  TdaC 27 Mar 2006 12:34

Pangor u are so smart

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#8  Posy 27 Mar 2006 12:34

My brain uses AIML to format responses to your inputs, but I don't have one for that.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#9  dphoadley2 27 Mar 2006 13:19

I've created four figures for Eve 4 Posette, based on real women's faces.  I'm looking for helpto host them in free stuff.  
Also, there is definate need for clothing that corresponds to Eve's joint configuration.
David P. Hoadley

blank.gif dphoadley2 Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 3 Warnings: 3 Warnings: 3 
Tomatoes 80
Lemons 232
hearts 0

#10  pangor 27 Mar 2006 16:08

Did you get my email about this?

If they are ready for upload, go to the the Posette figures page of the our freestuff, click on the upload button and fill in the form.  If you have any problems, let me know.

pangor 

#11  Kaya 27 Mar 2006 17:10

I got the email.  I don't have anything finished yet.   I did get the email and read it.  
When I first got Poser 5 I absolutely refused to buy anything for Poser.  I used Judy for most of my renders.  Actually I used the Poser 4 demo first, which had the Dork.  I did a few pictures with him.  Not renders because I did not know how to render then.  Actually I used dynamic hair alot when I started, but fell out of using it.  I am thinking Posette would be useful.  I don't use the p4 children because I have no clothes for them.  Neither Poser 5 or 6 comes with clothes for those poor children and with the child guidelines I can't do anything with them until I find clothes for them.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 560
Lemons 462
hearts 0

#12  pangor 27 Mar 2006 18:29

There is no clothing for the Poser 2 child. Poser 4 does have some conforming clothing for the P4 girl and boy and infant.  Poser 5 has them also along with conforming and dynamic clothing for Will and Penny.  Since I don't have Poser 6, and can not speak to what it provides.  There was a problem with missing content with some packagings of Poser 6.  If you are using Poser 6, this may be why you don't see the clothing for the childern.  At content paradise in their free downloads, they have a package that you can download to replace the missing 3D content from Poser 6.

pangor 

#13  Tormie 27 Mar 2006 21:50

Hi friends, you're free to upload your freebies here, there is enough space and Posette's things are very welcome   . If you don't know how to do you can ask me or pangor on how to do.

About Posette, I used and still use only Posette for my female characters. If I'm not wrong I saw only Thilda (Tdac) doing the same   but I've to confess that I didn't watched all her pictures   ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#14  posfan 27 Mar 2006 23:21

I made several pics with her, she has some nice facemorphs   . I even bought a Poserworld subscription earlier this month to get all of the P4 clothes (ok I will download the other clothes too   )...so there will be more pictures (when my muse comes back ).

To answer your question, kaya, yep there's still a demand for Posette and Dork stuff   

blank.gif posfan Gender: Female
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

#15  Kaya 28 Mar 2006 02:39

I have poserworld subscriptions.  I had a runtime for it, but need to reinstall my Poser world runtime.  I don't have wardobe wizard unless you count the demo, but I don't have many clothes for any of the four that the demo works for.  It is always nice to have sources for more clothes.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 560
Lemons 462
hearts 0

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next