Subject: Taruru Fighter Boots2 Modified For General Wear.
Unusually for boots, Taruru's FighterCostumes' Boots conform to default Posette: No tapering, hiding, tweaking required, even in Poser_4...

http://cyobitlab.hp.infoseek.co.jp

But, the Costume2 Boots have ugly ankle guards and 'string'. After trying several ways to hide them, I loaded 1000x scaled OBJ into Carrara 5 (free on 3D World Feb2008 cover-disk) selected by materials and deleted the armour...

Re-scaled and re-named, with cloned CR2 pointers edited, the new boots were good to go...

The modified boots are in conforming freebies area, but you will need the originals from above site and Maz' Objaction Mover to decode PCF as required to maintain Taruru's copyright.

D'uh, am I the only person to put REMs in CR2 to say what, why and for whom ??

Technically, file is a 'Beta' as I've never posted a 'derived' Freebie before. I've included Read_Me_First, 'trademarks & copyrights recognised', Taruru's original ReadMe etc etc, but comments welcome.

I've NOT included a Runtime directory tree: If you can run Objaction Mover, you will know the Poser library structure...

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Taruru Fighter Boots2 Modified For General Wear.
Thank you Nik :dance: :thumb: !! Using the objaction mover is ok in order to avoid copyright problems with derivative works :uuh: ...

:notworthy: Thanks for all your efford :thumb: :thumb: :clap:

Thanks Nik!
I'd intended to do a similar mod to these boots; but never got around to it.

(:

Profile PM  
Subject:
What would make you intended to do a similar mod to these boots; but never got around to it?

Profile PM  
Subject: Problems With 'small' Morphs..
Besides extending wardrobe of default Posette, I've been looking for a near-adolescent figure to match one of my story's characters. I'd short-listed several, then found Rei2 in old cache. At approx 65 inch, she was still too tall. This time around, I've begun to understand morphs. I tweaked hers, got height down to 61.

FWIW, the Cos2 boots may be TOO TALL for Rei2, never mind Little_Rei2. I've just about fit the famous PixelArcana lace-ups and the tall FighterCos1 boots, but Y-scaling is problematic, the fit marginal at best...

Same goes for a lot of clothing. Some stuff I'd thought for V / V2 *was* for Posette, but only conformed as-is to a 'super-model' or 'heroic' figure. With care, some Y-scaled to Posette. A few items seem meant to parent, NOT conform. Much will NOT fit default Posette, so cannot suit either Rei2 or Little_Rei2.

I'm not happy with Rei2's feet width, and I'm still tweaking Little_Rei2, who will be WIP for a while. I'll cross-check the scale I used, as a couple more inches of height would make down-scaling clothes remarkably easier...

Before I can use Morph Manager correctly, I may need to run Rei2's through Google Languages: You guessed it, their labels are in Japanese...

Profile PM  

Page 1 of 1