Wardrobe Wizard Vs Cross-Dresser...

Page 17 of 20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Go to page   

Post Spherical Fall-off...

#241  Nik 09 Jul 2008 14:13

Thanks, I'll try that...

As I understood it, the affected vertices just stayed where they were...

Aha ! You've reminded me of something else to try: If I pose and re-save original with air-space between legs *then* convert that, would that make a difference ?? Could be in CR2 rather than OBJ grouping...

Anyhow, I gotta spend next several hours setting out monthly meds for kinfolk, doubt I'll have much energy to play with Poser after that...

uk.png Nik Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Wardrobe Wizard Vs Cross-Dresser...

#242  ahjah 09 Jul 2008 22:07

.... you could load the converted clothes into Poser and use the jont editor to modify the bending areas so the mesh is inside the zone

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

Post JPs, Grouping Etc...

#243  Nik 10 Jul 2008 13:47

D'uh, JPs, Grouping etc are a bit too arcane for me...

Still, I may give them a go...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Shukky's A3 Akugirl For Posette...

#244  Nik 10 Jul 2008 22:06

"Now where did I leave my gloves ??"

Shukky's A3 AkuGirl presented a challenge due to some tricky poke-throughs. The base 'catsuit' needed large corrections on the fore-arms, hardly less on wrists and upper sides. The inside thighs 'leaked' at the crotch and mid-leg seams until tweaked. A few polygons on the abdomen required an 'all-over' tweak as nothing else seemed to work...

Unlike the 'workwear' which broke along inner leg, this garment converted okay.

I had to tweak the 'catsuit' ankles, so the boots needed similar ankle adjustment. The boots also required feet hiding...

That utility belt went through C-D and conformed !!

The 'bat-girl' helmet is a prop, so required YZ positioning and parenting to head. Unusually, the 'part wig' was a 'character'. That would never convert nor conform to Posette, so I positioned and parented original to head. The 'bat-girl' cape is also a 'character, I parented original to chest...

The gloves, of course, converted into a dreadful snarl...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Rrrrrip...

#245  Nik 10 Jul 2008 22:37

"Oh, not again !!"

Posette wondered if there was a manufacturing fault with her overalls...
--

Okay, I turned off the 'spherical fall-off'. The legs were okay when Posette moved, but the seat poked through. I increased the correction on buttocks and hips, but now the seams tore at the top of the legs...

D'uh...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post My experience after reading Nik's topic

#246  Tormie 10 Jul 2008 23:19

I planned to write an extensive tutorial about my last experience wit Xdresser but I know how I'm lazy   so I'll write a quick "how I used it making my last picture" thanks to Nik's experience.

This has been done using crossdresser 3.01 , the old licences work and the new version can transfer morphs too   , I used Poser 7 but I think that it can be done with version 5, for the smooth brush it is available only from version 6

- Called Posy    for a tap dance
- moved to frame 30
- In frame 1 I selected the body and right clicked on the morph dial table selecting "restore", it sets all the morphs to 0 and a standard pose, this feature is available only in the newest versions of Poser, for the old version disable the inverse kinematics, open the joint editor, restore the figure and set manually all the morphs to 0. Note that in frame 30 the figure should look normal with all the morphs set correctly
- The blouse that Posy is dressing is made for another character, so I used the crossdresser to convert it, then I uploaded it and conformed to Posette (Posy   is in frame 30 ). I noticed that the conversion was not perfect, infact part of the collar of the blouse went as "right and left collar and part as "neck", when I moved the figure the parts separated, and above all, I'm a fanatic of dynamic cloths, so
- I exported the blouse as an obj, saving the materials (not all nodes are saved when you export an obj, like the transparency)
- Reimported it and parented to the chest, deleted the converted blouse
- Now using the group editor of Poser I selected parts of the OBJ by the material and selected the "weld" option, so the parts that were divided in the collar glued together
- In frame 30 I set up the final pose for the picture
- I went to the cloth room and selected the blouse obj as the obj to use as a cloth, set the "self friction" on and raised up the parameter (or the collar will "cut" the rest of the dress), started the process
- Once done, in frame 30 I used the smooth brush tool of Poser to correct the final result, for example in the "nipples" region, it is a sort of postwork
- For the skirt, it's a plain conversion and conformed figure, the "objects" added by the crossdresser for adjusting the pose are fantastic, I posed the skirt like it was swirling
- I tried the conversion on the shoes but it went out a mess, so I simply parented each one to Posy's (   ) feet as usual and posed them manually
- Same thing for the hair, parented and scaled for P4woman
- I rendered the scene and passed to the postwork

Considerations:

With the feature of dynamic clothing mixed with the use of crossdresser the final result is very good, I used the crossdresser as the first step, it's is almost impossible for me to use it as a plain conformed figure because Posy's (   ) shape would need hours and hours of works with magnets and/or smoothing brush or else, while I made it in minutes using the dynamic cloth feature. The skirt is more usable when conformed, especially if it is short, if it's long I would have used it as a dynamic cloth and added some "wind forces" to simulate the swirling .

For my personal way to make picture, crossdressing the cloths makes the work a lot easier: I have no more to scale down the body of the human figure and then "blow" it to frame 30 in order to make the cloth fit, but I can start with a default Posette, so the final result is better and more natural.

Like the entire thread, this is also a suggestion for the sinners here that are no more using Posettes for their picture preferring ugly clones   ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#247  Posy 10 Jul 2008 23:19

I am glad you enjoyed  done using crossdresser 3point 01 the old licences work D and the new version can transfer morphs too thumb he or she used Poser 7 but he or she think that it can be done with version 5 for the smooth brush it is available only from version 6 - Called you heartbeat for a tap dance - moved to frame 30 - In frame 1 he or she selected the body and right clicked on the morph dial table selecting restore it sets all the morphs to 0 and a standard pose this feature is available only in the newest versions of Poser for the old version disable the inverse kinematics open the joint editor restore the figure and set manually all the morphs to 0 .

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#248  Tormie 10 Jul 2008 23:20

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

Post Oooh, Pretty !!!

#249  Nik 11 Jul 2008 21:58

Thanks, Tormie !!

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Looking Good...

#250  Nik 11 Jul 2008 22:25

"Oooh, these are so stretchy !!"

Posette had found two lovely, stretch-lace leotards by Yamato for the Summer.
--

The 'BD' morph these were cut for must be anorexic, as there were many minor poke-throughs on Posette, plus gaping fore-arms. Close-fitting garments, lacy due transparency map, they would show sloppy fixes. I had to be careful. I edged up the fix-factors until the small gaps went, but could not fix the fore-arms in C-D without making them bulbous. Plan_B was adjusting 'taper' within Poser_4, 'memorising' and re-saving the garment. I copied over the .RSR piccy.

Note: Although the directory structure was correct, and there were a bunch of pretty MATposes bundled, the default GymLeo left Poser searching for a non-existent texture file. I realised it was the 'black' texture of three supplied, copied and re-named that...

FWIW, I uploaded these piccies via my NAS drives as a test...

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Smart !!

#251  Nik 11 Jul 2008 22:53

Here's the low-rise pants from Yamato's BD set for A3. They're paired with BD half-boots (hide feet) and MD RQ top, both converted previously, plus Zippo's classic Sayoko hair.

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post 'SpaceSuit For Laura' For Posette...

#252  Nik 11 Jul 2008 23:32

"That's One Small Step For A..."

Posette still dreamed of Space...
---

This is MLB Graphics's neat space-suit and boots for Laura. According to the ReadMe, they were modelled in Wings3D. IMHO, nicely modelled. They ran through C-D first time, fit well with the defaults. Hair is P4's 'Curly' plus Ssuit colours.

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

#253  Posy 11 Jul 2008 23:32

The anonymous "they".

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#254  asil 12 Jul 2008 01:22

Hey my suit looks pretty good on P4! And thanks for the nice modeling bit, been trying to learn for years and never really had a clue till i got the PhilC Cd about modeling clothes for Poser.At any rate still can't figure out most of the other modeling programs so i just stick with Wings and it works fine.Still much to learn but then do you ever no enough about Poser.Wings or any of the other 3D programs.Think not it's a never ending challenge. Any way never expected to see my models pop up here.    Thanks again!

MLB Graphics aka asil aka Notydedown

usa.png asil Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 40
Lemons 98
hearts 0

#255  Posy 12 Jul 2008 01:22

Posy Rosabella Posette is always thinking.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Julie Suit Wardrobe Nik Forgotten Posette & Dork stuff 9 11 Jan 2008 13:36 View latest post
tda42

Page 17 of 20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next