How To Get An Old Poser Character File To Show Morphs And Control Dials In DAZ Studio 4.+

How To Get An Old Poser Character File To Show Morphs And Control Dials In DAZ Studio 4.+
Article
Post How To Get An Old Poser Character File To Show Morphs And Control Dials In DAZ Studio 4.+ 

For the past year or so I have been creating the promo pictures that we use in the Poser DAZ freebie wiki. These old Poser files can be a hit or miss with regards to working in Studio. As I described in a previous post for Pitklad's Zeon the current version of Studio can sometimes fail to read a cr2 file completely thus not identifying geometry changes, easy pose control dials, texture mat files and the like. I often wonder just what treasures I am missing out on because of this. Studio does its best and there are no warning messages that point to something just not being right when the content is loaded. Because of this quandary I resorted to investing in a copy of Poser. Not to new but not to old either. Pose Pro 2014 seems to have what I need. It will load the old Poser files and I can create a new cr2 file with the option checked to include all the information in the cr2 file. These files are then read by Studio and so far everything I see in Poser comes over to Studio. Just like Zeon I had to do the same with the Easy Pose function in EasyPose Devil Tail. The result can be seen in the image. So much easier to control that tail. 47 bones are way to much for my patience to endure.

Dolly13 [ 16 Oct 2023 19:26 ]

Comments
Post Re: How To Get An Old Poser Character File To Show Morphs And Control Dials In DAZ Studio 4.+ 

Thanks Dolly13
Very useful information here. I made this a "sticky"

ahjah [ 16 Oct 2023 21:03 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1