Subject: Is The Cring Extinct ??
Anyone have a 'mirror' link for Animotions' 'Cring' freebie ?

Yes, it is a relative of the infamous GHEB, but link's server is now an 'Adult' site.

Hmmm... If anyone has the Cring download, could they check for a 'redistribution' clause in ReadMe ??

Thanks...

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Is The Cring Extinct ??
:mmmh: I'll search in my directories but I don't remember a Cring :dontknow: ... I'll also search on the net, sooner or later we'll find it :pray:

A Cring is a one eyed animal am I right? I remember having one of those for Poser somewhere. Just can't remember where it was located. :redface:

Profile PM  
Nik,

Cring was created by Theresa Willis. I have Cring and all the textures. Here is the relevant portion of the readme file:

Cring Poser Figure
Copyright © 2001 Theresa Willis

Legal Section:
=======================================================================

Usage Agreement:

Cring is 100% royalty free.

By using this software the user agrees to the following terms and conditions governing this product.

1) You may use this figure in any rendering or animation, for personal or commercial use free of charge, this includes modifying the figure or textures for your own use.

2) You also have permission to use the included texture templates to create your own textures, which you may distribute as you see fit.

3) However, you may not redistribute this package, nor any of the original or modified files in this archive, without permission.

4) Cring is provided as is, with no warrantee as to fitness of purpose.

Best bet would be to contact the author at the email address provided and ask permission for redistribution. If you can get the permission I could donate the copy I have. Contact me and let me know what you find out.

Profile PM  
Thanks !

Have e-mailed 'tdwillis' as above, and contacted Animotions' moderator about their link to 're-purposed' server...

There's a 'Sam-Amine' almost-a-Cring on Renderosity, but it lacks a certain something...

Hmm... Can you remember seeing a 'jar of eyeballs' freebie, er, floating about ??

Profile PM  
The earthlink address is invalid.

I've found another possible address c/o POV site, awaiting reply...

Profile PM  
I think I remember seeing something similar to the jar of eyeballs but I'm not sure where. I'll keep my "eye" out for it so to speak. :lmao:

Profile PM  
I just took a look at the 'Sam-Amine' figure and it looks pretty sweet. Thanks for the heads up on that one Nik.

Profile PM  
Subject: Jar Of Eyeballs ...
I found the 'jar of eyeballs', but file has vanished from hosting site, and was in OBP format anyway...

Time for Plan_B...

Profile PM  
Subject: A Fresh Jar Of Eyeballs...
The eye-ball jar site's sysop has contacted me. He thinks he *may* have the file on an old CD, could re-post it.

However, the file would still be in OBP format...

Do we have any way of converting it to a Poser-compatible format ??

My 3DOC etc cannot touch it and it is not a 'mesh' text-file...

Hmm: Can any of the free modellers read OBP ??

Failing that, I might fire up Draw-3D and hack some 3DS primitives...

Profile PM  
Either that or I could give it a go using Wings3D. I made an eyeball prop just the other day.

Profile PM  

Page 1 of 1