Video Games Starring Posette And Dork

Page 1 of 1

Post Video Games Starring Posette And Dork

#1  Endosphere 16 Nov 2008 23:51

Apart from Poser one of my main hobbies is electronic gaming, and I suspect that this is true for many others here as well.  Have you played or seen any games that had graphics made with Poser, especially ones where it is obviously clear because the graphic designer of the game was too lazy or maybe too busy to modify the default Poser models?  I've seen a few:

1)  There was a pretty decent PC game that came out about eight or nine years ago called "Sanitarium."  It's an action/adventure game where your character wakes up in a crazy house with amnesia and discovers he's the victim of a sinister plot.  Most of the characters in the game are Poser people, and especially memorable for me was this big statue of an angel that keeps turning up in the beginning of the game--that statue is very clearly Posette without any face morphs, wearing a completely unmodified Poser 3/4 women's hairstyle number one.  Overall it was a cool game for its time with an interesting story, but when I played it recently I found all these graphics that were largely taken straight from Poser to the game (without a lot of modification) somewhat distracting.  Seriously, if you're a real game company who's going to put out a game and want to use Poser for the graphics, at least get some free Kozaburo hair and also please spend at least 30 seconds adjusting the face morph dials on the characters.

2)  Over the past few months I've been enjoying many of the free games people make with the (freeware) Adventure Game Studio.  As the games are made by amatuers the quality varies widely, but there are many that are pretty good/fun.  Although graphically speaking most of the games are not the best since they are naturally made by people who are more interested in game-making than art-making, I recently played two AGS games made mostly with Poser graphics that looked pretty good:

--Supergirl in We Don't Need Another Hero

This was a fun and relatively easy game where you play the comic-book character Supergirl.  She visits a new town and discovers that an imposter Supergirl already lives in the town, and therefore everyone thinks the real Supergirl is actually an imposter herself.  It looks like all the graphics were made with Poser and it uses things like the casual woman, casual man, and even one of those robots that came with Poser 4.

--Quiero Morir/I Want to Die

If you don't play many adventure games this one might be pretty difficult (I thought it was hard), but it had a good story and was well-designed.  It's a story about a robot who feels he has no purpose in existing and goes to seek his creator so he can be deactivated.  The main robot character is the Poser 4 mannequin, and the game has a lot of nice backgrounds that were very obviously made with bryce.

Graphic Key: A=Sanitarium, B=Supergirl, C=Quiero Morir

blank.gif Endosphere Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 490
Lemons 202
hearts 15

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Video Games Starring Posette And Dork

#2  Marv 19 Nov 2008 03:17

Definitely made with Poser 4 figures, you ought to check out Hero X by Infogrames. It was made for the PC as a filler game when all of the really nifty superhero games were coming out a few years back. It is a bit hokey and stays true to the typical do-gooder superhero stereotype but still a decent way to kill an hour or two. You should be able to find a copy on EBAY for a few bucks. Here are some screenshots.

us.png Marv Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

• Back to top Page bottom

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL