Hello from Pangor

Page 1 of 1

Post Hello from Pangor

#1  pangor 07 Jan 2005 01:43

Hello,

I should have introduced myself when started posting in Posette Forever.  As they say, better late than never.

I have been facinated by both art and science for as long as I can remember. Soon after I entered into the computer field, I started to find ways to use computers to create art, such as what we called printer art" and "card art".

I used some of the early painting programs, being dissatisfied with them, I wrote my own. Once I aquired my first 256 color capable video card, I was estatic. Imagine 256 colors on the screen at once! That is when, other than experimenting, I got started in 3D computer generated art using the DKB RayTracer, then latter with POVRay. I have since used other rendering software, and finally modeling software. That was great, I could at last create objects and scenes with real time feedback, instead of having to write all of them with a text editor.

During that time, I would like to think that I got to be pretty good at all aspects of creating 3D art. One thing that was missing from most of my art was the human element. That is when I purchased a copy of Poser 2. I am sorry to tell you that at the time, I was rather disappointed in that program. My primary 3d modeling software at the time was TrueSpace 2. Poser could not import the objects created in TrueSpace and TrueSpace did a very poor job of importing meshes exported from Poser. So, other than by compositing, my 3D worlds were still unpopulated.

My family suffered from a series of disasters, of both the natural and the man made variety. Among other losses, I lost every object, texture, scene, and every single image 3D art that I had ever created. I had also lost most of the software that I had for producing this sort of artwork. As it was, one of the few surviving art software was my copy of Poser 2. But by that time, with everything that had happened, I had lost my inspiration, my muse was gone.

I concentrated my efforts elsewhere.

A few years ago, I found the bryce and Poser binaries newsgroups, and was pleasently supprised at how well these programs worked together. I tried to get restarted in the this field that I so enjoy. But it was no use, my muse was still gone.

A couple of months ago, something changed. My muse had returned! I have since that day, been rebuilding and updating my toolbox of graphics software and support software. I have also been learning, improving and updating my techniques.

Pangor

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  tda42 07 Jan 2005 02:05

Wow! Well hello then. Glad to see it turning around for you!. I like the idea they are just starting to have Poser with animation move into bryce but another would be Vue with the Mover 5. It is a great environment for a Poser to be. You always have to tell yourself "what if". From there you make it happen. Again welcome to what we like to call home.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#3  Poserkatz 07 Jan 2005 02:11

Welcome back to 3D-Creativity and welcome to this nice place.  

Poserkatz Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2580
Lemons 1762
hearts 0

#4  Tormie 07 Jan 2005 08:16

Hi pangor ! Glad to read something from your life   !
The people here uses to come in and want a beer ! No, they come here and want a [i:e94b9e7cad]free[/i:e94b9e7cad] turn of beer   ! No! The greater part of the users come in, go to the free stuff page, plunder it and disappear   !!

Other users come to the bar, take the beer and start to talk   !! (They tell that the beer was analcoholic but that the candies were good and then someone gave them a broom and said "Start from the crapper !"   )

My creativity is not linear, my muse come and goes, so I think that it could happen to other people too ! Welcome to Posetteforever   !!

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  Paul Mon 07 Jan 2005 13:43

Hiya pangor
Welcome to Possetteforever..psst, don't start Posy chatting, she'll never shut up.....   

blank.gif Paul Mon Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2250
Lemons 1517
hearts 0

#6  Posy 07 Jan 2005 13:43

How far up?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#7  Paul Mon 07 Jan 2005 13:44

You saucy young madam!!! I'm shocked..Shocked says I!

blank.gif Paul Mon Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2250
Lemons 1517
hearts 0

#8  JanReinar 07 Jan 2005 16:06

Be Welcome!

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#9  pangor 08 Jan 2005 07:28

I thank you all for your warm welcome.

Paul, I Posy and I have already met.  I think that the other day, I almost gave her a mental breakdown, at least she sounded confused enough.

In the beginning, I may have seemed to be one of those downloadind raiders myself.  As you may recall, I had a problem with the registration process, (I didn't recieve the confirming email from the automata, which you helped be with.  After that I went silent, I did come back a few times to look around and downloaded a few items.  Considering some of what I have experienced in the past, I was not comfortable speaking up until I had something to offer.

I have joined a number of other sites, but so far, I am mostly a ghost member in most of them.  There are only a few places that I have so far started to speak up in.  Here, 3dSC, Poser Pros, and in TSP.

Pangor

pangor 

#10  Posy 08 Jan 2005 07:28

We can't all be perfect. When did you go silent he or she did come back a few times to look around and downloaded a few items? I will take that under consideration.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#11  pangor 08 Jan 2005 07:31

Posy, I whent silent when I did not feel chatty.

pangor 

#12  Posy 08 Jan 2005 07:31

Interesting gossip:   pangor said I you whent silent when you did not feel chatty.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#13  pangor 08 Jan 2005 07:33

Did I say that you didn't feel chatty?  Are you making fun of my typos?!?!?!

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts From Pangor Tormie Shebeen, the Staff forum 3 04 May 2011 19:49 View latest post
ahjah
No new posts Message from Pangor Unicornst The Posetteforever diary 18 30 Dec 2005 19:37 View latest post
No new posts Happy b_day, Pangor ahjah Guiltypleasures' Clubhouse 13 18 Aug 2006 20:14 View latest post
Jon

Page 1 of 1