Mixture of languages (a game)

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Mixture of languages (a game)

#1  erenda 27 Mar 2005 16:23

I got this idea when I red some posts in another topic . Just write some sentence in your native language and the other's have to guess what it means by making associations. (I red somewhere that the human brain is diffrent from rhe computer's OS because it can make associations. lol   ) That way we can learn some phrases in foreing languages. If your native language is engish try some dialect form ...        
Ok. Here's mine:

Zdraveite fenove na Posette , pozdravi ot Bulgaria!    Vremeto tuk ne e mnogo hubavo , neshto vze da vali v posledno vreme. Ama i az kakvi gi prikazvam !    Prodalgavaite v sustiia duh , strahotni ste!"  

(I'm not sure this was a good idea... )

erenda 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  pangor 27 Mar 2005 17:00

I know that you are talking about our artform and your country, but beyond that, I am lost.

For my entry in this game, I will use not my native American english rather I will use the laguage of my ancestors.  The spelling will be wrong, because while I have seen written samples of similar laguages, this one have been a verbal only language for me.

Mi Maminga guste litrate de lantarne y bastimente.  Ti sa a dunde per thurva un lantarna de Zenna pur usa en a litratu?

I also used a shorthand that I had developed.  I used it taking notes in class and latter for meetings at work.  Using that shorthand was the only way that I could keep up with the lecture.  It was a combination of scientific, mathematical and electronics symbols with ven diagrams, a few words intermixed with other fast to draw hieroglyphic style glyphs and interconnecting lines and arrows.  I had to stop using that shorthand at work because others started getting suspicious about what I was writing.  Now it has been so long since I used it, I can still read it but have trouble writing it.

I will tell you one thing, nobody who missed a session of a class or a meeting ever asked to see my notes a second time!

Pangor

pangor 

#3  rayera 27 Mar 2005 18:13

Erenda: reading your sentence from my lenguage (a dialect of spanish called castellan) it sound like a magical spell to me, all that strange convination of consonants, pronouncind it from the spanish point of view it sound like the lenguage that the vampires speak in the movies LOL

Pangor: it seam like an italian dialect, and have some words similar to spanish, besides by this zones of Argentina we have a lot of italians an that sound familiar, I can gess some words but I have no idea of what you are saying, but it seems warm maybe because it has the wordd mia maminga and that sound like my mother.

Here is my sentence: Cuando la tarde se inclina sollozando al oxidente, corre una sombra doliente sobre la Pampa Argentina, y cuando el sol ilumina con luz brillante  y serena, del ancho campo la escena, la melancolica sombra, hulle  besando su alfombra con el afan de la pena...

argentina.png rayera Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#4  Posy 27 Mar 2005 18:13

I fail to see the relevance of that allusion.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#5  erenda 27 Mar 2005 18:16

I guess "mi" means "my"   "y" means "here" and "ti"-"you" (at least that's what it means in bulgarian ) "per" may be similar to "par" in french it means a lot of things and "un" might be "one".      
What I wrote means " Hello to all Posette's fans , greetings from Bulgaria ! The weather here is not very good , it's raining. But what I'm taling about!   Keen going , you're all great! "

I frequently use the alphabet I ivnented and people couldn't understand anything. They often ask " What kind of language is this?" I enjoy looking at their expressions when I reply :" It's 100% bulgarian!"   This irritate the teachers a lot :

erenda 

#6  erenda 27 Mar 2005 18:32

Quote:

Here is my sentence: Cuando la tarde se inclina sollozando al oxidente, corre una sombra doliente sobre la Pampa Argentina, y cuando el sol ilumina con luz brillante y serena, del ancho campo la escena, la melancolica sombra, hulle besando su alfombra con el afan de la pena...

Ok. "cuando" might be "when" (it's "quand" in french) , "se inclina" might be "incline" ("s'incliner" in french) , "la tarde"-I'm not very sure all I know it's a feminin noun, there is a word "tard" in french , witch means "late" but it isn't a noun . "oxigente" might be "air" ("oxygenium" in latin) , "uma sombra" may be "one shadow" ,    "ilumina" - "illuminate" ("illuminer" in french) , "brillante",it's easy "brilliant" ("brillente" in french ) , "serena" might be "moon" ("sellena" in ancient greek) , "campo" may be "camp" , "la escena"-"essence" con't know why   , "la melancolica sombra" , "a dark melancholy" maybe    and I have no idea what the rest means   but thislanguage is beautiful   

erenda 

#7  rayera 27 Mar 2005 20:28

Very, very close erenda , this is the first verses of a poem called "Santos Vega" (Santos is a name but it means Saints too, and Vega is a last name) it's a gauchesco poem (gauchesco is the way that use the gauchos, the rural male people of my country, like the USA cowboys), to speak; even in this first verces there are no special words but the gramma is very gauchesca, full of romanticism and metaphors, it tell the story of a man called Santos Vega who played the guitar in a magic way, enchantig and with a voice that nobody could resist to, one day he was challenged by the Devil in a guitar competition, but the Devil of course was very unfair because he had 6 fingers in each hand, and before he lost and knowing he was going to be taken by the devil he took her own life so that he wouldent go to the heaven but not to the hell as well, and stay in the Pampas for ever scaping and crying for not to be able to play the guitar anymore, but they say that every sound of the Pampas is music made by Santos Vega, . I love this story since I heard it in the scool, besides I live in the Pampas (the Pampas are a very beautiful zone of my country, a big and green plain that enclose La Pampa, Buenos Aires and Santa Fe states; I live in Santa Fe).
I know I will destry it   but I'll try to translate:
When the evening bend crying to the east, a suffering shadow runs over Argentinina's Pampa, and when the sun shines with bright and peaceful light, the scene of the whide camp, the melancolic shadow, runs kising its carpet with the desire of the pain...
Of course it's a poem, and in my bad translation it lose the music and the literary meaning of the words...

As you can see:
La tarde is the evening (noun) but tarde mens late too, Es tarde means It's late, and is feminin because of la.
Not oxigente, is oxidente, a synonymous of este that mens east, oxidente is not a word used in everyday speach, it's allmost used in writings only.
serena (fem) sereno (masc)  means peaceful, calm, and it have relation with the Selene the greak silent Goddes of night
escena is scene, stage in theatre.

By the way I dont know the phonetic of your lenguage but pronouncing the words in my spanish it sound beautiful too.  

Last edited by rayera on 27 Mar 2005 20:43; edited 1 time in total 
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#8  pangor 27 Mar 2005 21:08

Rayera, yes, it is one of the older Italian laguages as it has been evolved in this country.  We have many english loan words added in pronounced with Italian sounding phonems.  The funny think is that the way that some of the loan words have been used are similiar to what have been used for those items in the regular latin derived languages.

The english translation is:
My Mother likes pictures of lighthouses and ships.  Do you know where to find a lighthouse of Genova to use in a picture?

Now I will try yours, with the understanding that I studied four years of Spanish and never got past first three or four chapters of the introductory text book.  The teachers would set that pace for the class to match the slowest students for this subject. Also we kept losing teachers for the subject, so with every new teacher we would have to start the book over from the beginning.  Over and over I learned that, "Juan y Juanita va a la playa"  and "Juan y Janita va a Cuzco con el equipo".

The wierdest situation was with one of our teachers for that language is one that really stands out in my memory.  From what I learned, her full experience with the language came from her having taken two years of Spanish in college--as an "easy course".    She was from the deep south (of this country) and was still trying to loose her cajun accent.  At the beginning of each session, she pronounced spanish words with a very strong english accent with a touch a cajun.  Meanwhile, when I spoke in spanish, I had no trouble with an english accent but I did have a strong italian derived accent.  By the end of each session of class she would no longer have such a bad english accent, rather she was then speaking spanish words with a variation of my accent and a touch of her cajun.

Now I will try:

When late and the sun is in the west, a ..... shadow ... covers the Argentine plains and when the sun shiness with its brilliant and serene light, of the wide field .....  the somber shadow ... with the ... of the pen.

Pangor

pangor 

#9  pangor 27 Mar 2005 21:14

Well, I see you posted the answer even as I was working on my attempt.  That teaches me to not start writing a message and then put it on hold for a family meal.  

Pangor

pangor 

#10  rayera 27 Mar 2005 21:30

Your attemp was great pangor, and for spanish phonetic we, argentinians, speak spanish with italian accent, all Latin America say that, as you know italian don't make plurals adding s at the end of the words but spanish allmost always do, my lenguage teacher allways sayed that we speak like italians without s at the end and a little rough like the germans do because of the colonys of this countrys that surrond Santa Fe, the city where I live; we use a diferent spanish called castellan and it sound very diferent than the mexican spanish, that we have to suport in every badly doubled movie
and as an italian heritage we allways say that The family is first!!!

Last edited by rayera on 27 Mar 2005 21:36; edited 1 time in total 
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#11  ahjah 27 Mar 2005 22:46

Here´s one from me :

"Wo kà¤men wir denn da hin, wenn alle fragen:'Wo kà¤men wir denn da hin?', und keiner ginge los um zu gucken, wohin wir kà¤men, wenn wir gingen?"

Have fun!

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

#12  tda42 27 Mar 2005 23:23

Southern English.

You ens better round up the grub and eat those taters and beans right cheer, I recken.    

Look it up in the redneck dictionary, they're all there.   

Last edited by tda42 on 27 Mar 2005 23:25; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#13  rayera 27 Mar 2005 23:31

tda42: I think that  ahjah german is more clear for me

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#14  erenda 28 Mar 2005 00:50

Quote:

Here´s one from me  :

"Wo kà¤men wir denn da hin, wenn alle fragen:'Wo kà¤men wir denn da hin?', und keiner ginge los um zu gucken, wohin wir kà¤men, wenn wir gingen?"

"wo" might be "where" if "Wo bist du?" means "Where are you?"   , "wenn alle fragen" - "when everybody ask" not very sure about it ( Where's my old german textbook?   ) , "kamen" might be some form of the verb "komen" witch means "komen" (Why there is an umlaut?   Because I wasn't careful when we studied german maybe.) "wir" means "we" , "denn"-"when" I guess , "und" means "and" and "keiner"-"nobody" or "nothing"    I had an "A" in german         actually this was the first foreing language I had studied.    

Quote:

You ens better round up the grub and eat those taters and beans right cheer, I recken.  

No idea            

erenda 

#15  pangor 28 Mar 2005 10:15

tda42,  I think that you had better eat your meal, and finish those potatos and beans right now.

Pangor

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next