What's your favourite song

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

#31  erenda 22 Jun 2005 07:15

Pangor , when you said you like "Old man river" did you mean te original version from "Show boat". I'm loving this song        Ia the original version the singer (sorry I don't remember his name) sings with emotions, with passion like he really know what is to be slave. And of course the choir is wondrful...(I'm fond of choirs.. )

erenda 

• Back to top Page bottom

#32  pangor 22 Jun 2005 09:27

Yes, that is the one.

Have you ever seen the movie Excaliber?  Most of the music was derived from Wagner.  One effect I like in the movie is when Aruther and his remaining knight ride for the confontation with Modred.  The choir chant combined with the dead trees that come into bloom just as they pass by them is incredible.  It is as though life itself is radiating into the land from Arthur.

Some other music I just remembered:
Klendathu Drop

Pangor

Last edited by pangor on 22 Jun 2005 09:30; edited 1 time in total 
 pangor 

#33  Posy 22 Jun 2005 09:27

Give me a break. I remember.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#34  Tormie 22 Jun 2005 09:52

About songs, it should be interesting to know what is your overall favourite song, like asked by erenda and the tile and author of you favourite local song , in your language if they are not the same.

(So Tormie will find it and then listen   )

I've not already decided what is my overall favourite song, even if for a long period of my teen age it was "wanted dead or alive" of Bon Jovi   but actually is difficult to say...

But my favourite italian singer is Vasco Rossi and his "Vita Spericolata"  

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#35  erenda 22 Jun 2005 10:23

Quote:

Have you ever seen the movie Excaliber? Most of the music was derived from Wagner.

Do they have the right to do that? By the way does somebody know does the European union have the right to use "Ode to hapiness" as a hymn? There have to be some copyrights..

erenda 

#36  Tormie 22 Jun 2005 10:30

I know that after some time the song's copyright is no more valid, I red something about Beatles songs   ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#37  pangor 22 Jun 2005 16:01

The old standard was Copyrights lasted (depending on the country) until fifty to seventy five years years after the death of the creator, then it become public domain.  That is why I was able to use the portraits of Gallieo and Copernicus in After the Evening.  In recent times there have been changes to these law to unify them across more countries.  I believe that older works are still bound by the law at the times of their creation.  But all I have found about the new laws have been commentaries and none of it definifitive.

As inappropriate as the music is for the EU anthem, Beethoven's 9th is fair game. Although about fifteen years ago, Microsoft published a recording of it along with a program that was to provide an interactive education of that music.  They then held a legal copyright on their recording of it, however, they tried to claim ownership of the complete work itself, demanding royalties for any performance of any arrangement of Beethoven's 9th or any recitation of the poem that the fourth movement was based on.

Other than I am certain that they lost, I have never discovered the details of the result of their effort.  I read at the time that they were going to treat the entire corpus of Bethoven's works that way and then do same with Bach.

Pangor

Pangor

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Ahjah band's song added to our little audi... Tormie The Posetteforever diary 4 29 Feb 2004 10:47 View latest post
ahjah
No new posts My favourite calendar... Tormie Jokes 3 22 Oct 2004 18:10 View latest post
Ozymandias Jones
No new posts Favourite lyrics Guest The Posetteforever diary 20 13 Oct 2005 03:20 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts Sticky: Your nickname in your favourite color Tormie Whip The Admins... 14 15 Oct 2007 19:12 View latest post
Tormie

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3