Cheapest way to make soap ::twisted:

Article
Post Cheapest way to make soap :  

Yep , another 35% pointless topic! Just wanted to show you a trick that I learned from my uncle (he's kinda mad scientist ). Supposing you were  doing something and get dirty and there's no soap but you're too lazy to go to the shop or it's late at night and everything's closed. [color=red:e5299604dc]Note: If you're animal protector or something stop read this now.[/color:e5299604dc] No seriously , I mean it. All you need is : a naked snail ( more than one ) , NaOH (works with a washing powder too but you'll have to wait and don't think the snail will stay and wait) and gloves ( not really necessery). First of all assume that your hands are dry , I repeat : DRY , If your hands or gloves get dirty from the acid the last thing you can do is to go and wash them. NaOH is a strong acid which react with the sweat , so assume you are dry . And don't forget it! Now dust the naked snail with the acid. It's possible the snail divides in two parts or a strange brown substance beat out from it , don't touch it! Wait 5 minutes or more till the snail stops to move and become solid ( it looks like a jelly). Now you have soap , you can put it in your bathroom and wash your hands with it , it's 99% natural ( don't forget about the acid). Or better send me a message if something went wrong , I'll ask my uncle for advace.
I still think that I should have an "A" or at leat a "B" in chemistry.... :

erenda [ 07 Aug 2005 22:06 ]

Comments
Another advace : [color=red:bc874274af]Don't try this on people! [/color:bc874274af]         

erenda [ 07 Aug 2005 22:08 ]
One more advace [b] [colorred]do not try this on people.

Posy [ 07 Aug 2005 22:08 ]
Right! Only snails! [color=red:1151311f30]Not people! [/color:1151311f30]:nono:        

erenda [ 07 Aug 2005 22:10 ]
Oh! How stupid I am ! NaOH is alkali (-OH group hydroxide) not acid! Sorry!     

erenda [ 07 Aug 2005 22:18 ]
Acid or base, it will still burn you.  Just the same danger.

Pangor

pangor [ 07 Aug 2005 22:32 ]
Tormie knows a similar trick but it involves a cemetery   .

An interesting lesson of chemistry erenda   (Tormie thinks that his dirty hands are beautiful as they are   )  

Tormie [ 07 Aug 2005 22:59 ]
I was thinking you'll say how bad I am...      

erenda [ 07 Aug 2005 23:02 ]
Oh, you're not bad   , who said that   ? I don't think you really used snails to prove the theory (all the snails in Tormies garden awake suddenly   )

Tormie [ 07 Aug 2005 23:11 ]
Anyway please don't torture animals, try it with your teacher instead, I think it will be cool to wash your hand wth a teacher's finger...

Tormie [ 07 Aug 2005 23:13 ]
I used snails , my uncle wached it . (For the record he started first!) Hey that's a very good idea to use the teacher!         

erenda [ 07 Aug 2005 23:23 ]
By the way I have heard some stories about WWII , nazis and soap...     My history teacher said it was immpossible ! What she knows..

erenda [ 07 Aug 2005 23:26 ]
Poor snails         ...

(Tormie gives a fresh leaf to his snails near the garage)

Tormie [ 08 Aug 2005 07:20 ]
Poor teachers I might add ...         

erenda [ 08 Aug 2005 07:32 ]

Pangor

pangor [ 08 Aug 2005 08:39 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next