Goto page Previous  1, 2

pangor
Subject:
:thumb:

Pangor

Subject:
I had a friend with a ZX81... The real tech-heads had TRS80's (the old Trash 80) :)

All with Tape Drives... ohhhh, the speed!

Profile PM  
pangor
Subject:
500 baud tape on the Model I Level II. Or 50K on a floppy. Memories of old Trissy.

Pangor

Subject:
I never had enough money for a floppy drive , lol (or, better :crybaby: )

pangor
Subject:
I had access to floppies in those days. For the TRS-80, besides my little box, I also had others to program at work as well as the Apple ][ they all had floppies. Since for the TRS-80, I often had to work from home I had to have floppies drives to transfer the data from work to home and back again. That was a lot of unpaid overtime!

Pangor

Last edited by pangor on 17 Sep 2005 18:37; edited 1 time in total
Subject:
Was it really?

Profile PM  
Subject:
"" was a lot of unpaid overtime?

Profile PM  
pangor
Subject:
Yes, Posy, it was a case of you are contracted to work for X hours a week and that is all we will pay you. If you want to keep your job, besides your regular work, do this and this and this too. If you can't do it all here during your regular work hours, you had been finish everything somehow anyway. So, that is what I had to do.

Pangor

Subject:
OK, I will keep your job besides your regular work do this and this and this too. In any case, Doing it all here during your regular work hours you had been finish everything somehow is not among my strongest traits.

Profile PM  
pangor
Subject:
:eh: :mmmh:

Pangor

Subject:
Sold my Model I years ago but still have my working Model III. Ah... the good old days. :thumb:

Profile PM  
pangor
Subject:
At school and work, I used a number of micros, minis, and mainframes. At home, I stayed with the Model I Level 2, until I moved on the an IBM PC/XT clone. That machine code of the 8080/Z-80 is still stuck in my head! ARGGGH! ;-)

Pangor

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2