What was your day?

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post What was your day?

#1  erenda 07 Oct 2005 18:07

Sae such a topic in another forum and liked the idea a lot. So if you want to share something , good or not so good don't be afraid.  

erenda 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  TdaC 07 Oct 2005 18:24

What was my like Well first i had an exame in cellbiology - it was hard   then me and some friends went to a cafà©.
A lady in her 80s was there and spilled some coffee on her when she sat down at her table, and no one around her helped.  I went and got some paper tissues for her, so she could dry off. The ones around her, ppl in their 30 -50 just laughed

After that i took my doggies for a walk, wich is not easy at the moment because my 5 year old Lizzie is in heat and wants to make puppies. Her favorites are Max, another golden retriver and Charlie, the biggest dog on the block. They howl when they see her:) We walked with Inis, one of my dogfriends. She's a very funny lady in her 70s with a small dog called Busan.

I've also baked bread (buns) and a rasberry/apple pie.....And spent some time with a friend (HiD - a member of this site). I guess i don't live a very interesting life, don't have much to say about my day.

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#3  guiltypleasures 07 Oct 2005 19:04

Great idea Erenda
TdaC, your day sounded like it was full and very nice, I am glad you helped the lady at the cafe, I guess those "Others" were not taught good manners and should have been given a swift kick out the door    Did you bake enough buns and pie for all of us? I love pie     I shall bring the coffee and hot chocolate for it
Yesterday I had to have a test for my health, not a fun one, but I'm happy to say that the doctor found nothing wrong, so it looks like I'm going to be okay Afterwards we came home (my boyfriend and I) and I spent the rest of the day cleaning some, working on some projects (trying to make our front yard kind of Nautical looking) and that's about all I did. This morning I had my coffee and then after the kids were off to school I grabbed my camera and headed to the beaches to take more pictures. I was also hoping to find some drift wood for the yard, but found nothing. It was still a nice morning though, no wind, not to cold and a nice pretty fog over the sea
That's it so far, now I'm off to mop my kitchen floor before my boyfriend smacks me with the mop lol

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#4  Posy 07 Oct 2005 19:05

That was early.  Do you still have his or her coffee and then after the kids were off to school he or she grabbed his or her camera and headed to the beaches to take more pictures ?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#5  Tormie 07 Oct 2005 19:05

poor old woman... It reminds me an episode happened to me a couple of years ago. A blind woman lost their bag while going down the stairs of the bus I was driving and lost all the paper that were in it. No one on the bus moved to help her. Do I pulled the hand brake and went out to help her. It was the rush hour, I went back to my seat and continued to drive.

At the next stop I said loudly " The bus is broken, I've to go back to the garage, please go out ", when all went out (about 100 persons) I continued to the next bus stop normally...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#6  pangor 07 Oct 2005 20:04

That is a good pay back for their ill mannors!  

GP,     I am glad.  I am suprised you had that much pep after that procedure it usually knock the wind of the a person's sails for the rest of the day.

Thilda, that sound like a great day!  Except for the poor lady.

Pangor

pangor 

#7  guiltypleasures 07 Oct 2005 20:16

Tormentor, that was soooo mean, glad you thought of it    
Yes manners seems to be lacking in this world of ours today, but it's nice to know that some still have them and stop and help when needed.
Pangor, it wasn't a fun test, and I had a panic attack before they even started it, along with a horrible hot flash but once it was over and the doctor said he found nothing that looked like cancer, I felt a lot better. I didn't over do it, but couldn't see the point in just laying around when I had so much fun making some projects for our yard

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#8  JanReinar 07 Oct 2005 20:34

People I think that you don't belive what was my day!

The good news:

First I knew that I don't need work for few days after it I and a few co-workers went to a Shopping Center for enjoy our unneexpect free friday and I win four free tickets to se the movie "The Colonel and The Werewolf" in the Shopping  Lottery .    

The wild news:

The reason because I have a feww days of is the same what I will have lots of work when I return. When I arrived to work today a entire block was locked by Rio FD!   Four buildings were burned and fire is out of control in a fabrics store and treathing my office building. None knows how the fire started the different versions go from a eletrical problem to a Molotov!  

None was hurt but  a little shop, the fabrics store, a fast food, a little candy shop are now asks. I office building is a Federal Complex made in the WWII times and resistant like a bunker but for secured reason the entire building is locked until the Civil Defense tell us that all is safe. Monday morning we will have a team of five people from Bomb Squad searching  for explosive devices in  building with twelve largeee floors!

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#9  Tormie 07 Oct 2005 21:23

I'm happy for your winning John but for the rest I'm very scared       ! I really hope you're not in danger there !

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#10  JanReinar 07 Oct 2005 21:24

I am safe on home now!  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#11  guiltypleasures 07 Oct 2005 21:30

Your day sounds like a lot of excitment JR, some of which wasn't a good type. I hope your office is okay and you are able to return to work soon, and I am glad nobody was hurt or killed in the fire. Fires are very scary, and especially when you don't know how they were started. I sure hope it's not a bomb or anything

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#12  JanReinar 07 Oct 2005 21:32

I checked with the Rio FD and I know  still have a office and a jacket inside. The Security have to check the building because the Federal Protocols. But the Arab Quarter is very old. The federal complex  is  the newest building but for a Mac Donald's! It probabilly was only a eletrical problem and if was it my only trouble will be three or five days of pay vacations!  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#13  pangor 08 Oct 2005 02:11

Thank goodness that you are safe!  Is the movie any good?

Pangor

pangor 

#14  JanReinar 08 Oct 2005 02:26

When I had arrived the FD had locked a part of my block. They lost control for sme minutes and all people had to leave the block. None are hurt it is clear. My office is safe that building had be done to resist this kind of think. A friend on security told me that the smoke made the thing looks like worst. Most the building have only very ligth damage. Only a artificial flowers shop were looks like the fire had started and the little mosque in upstairs burn to ashes.  

The movie is not bad just little slow but the last half is better than the beginning! It a remake for a 1983 movie and the first version are far better but is free!

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#15  pangor 08 Oct 2005 02:29

My days yesterday and today have have been rather calm and healing.  There were the regular chores and time spent with my familiy.  I communicated with friends.  Other than that, yesterday I was mostly helping to return PF to normal.  You can blame me for the strange changes yesterday in how the album was organized and for the two disappearing forums.  

Now thanks to everyone, PF feels like home again!  Today, I did some work on a new picture and finished it!

Pangor

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Guest 01 Jan 1970 00:00 View latest post

Page 1 of 4