Curiouser And Curiouser...

Page 1 of 1

Post Curiouser And Curiouser...

#1  GrouchoCaesar 23 Mar 2008 01:43

Has anyone else noticed that just after DAZ absorbed PoserPros into Artzone, and Content Paradise broke up its partnership with Renderosity & RDNA, RDNA now switches to Bondware... the same webhosting site as Renderosity...?

What The...?

GrouchoCaesar

new_zealand.png GrouchoCaesar Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3170
Lemons 1807
hearts 45

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Curiouser And Curiouser...

#2  tda42 23 Mar 2008 02:22

Never thought about it. But as in all things, it will all come to an end. Look how
many times Poser jumped from one to another and bryce will probably end
up in the trash can thanks to DAZ. But you didn't hear that from me.    (False Rumor)

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#3  ahjah 23 Mar 2008 02:48

One more reason to take good care of this island of freedom     

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

#4  Tormie 24 Mar 2008 15:36

I've already wrote my opinions on poserpros about it (can't do the same on 'rosity because Karen Janes banned me )

However: Posepros started as a site made of refugees from Renderosity. At that time (I'm user # 2387) I joined it because the interface (phpBB, the same of Posetteforever ) was newer and better and some people, mainly Virtualsite, Sean Martin, gave me some basic hints commenting my first pictures and Posettes   . I had, and still have in some way, an affection for that site. The core people there said that 'rosity policy was crap, freedom of speech etc. etc. but it looked like that they simply didn't agree with the low percentage granted to the vendors in the market.

There was a nice atmosphere but the wind changed when it started "banner time" and then "the store" .

It was in that period that I quietly went away from "Victoria here" and "Victoria there" places and I began with Posetteforever because I didn't want my beloved Posettes to be forgotten.

Then some rumors of a scandal (I really know little of it because I was not interested) and they sold the place to DAZ.

Really, the mood of the place changed from what it was at the beginning, you could go there , post a picture and have a lot of comments and suggestions from professional artists, my last pictures posted there never received a comment if not from the same friends of the Posetteforever crew , lol .

Renderosity ? I don't even want to comment, it is a place made to earn money and nothing else, the staff is made of mercenaries and mercenaries obey to who pay them, there is no fairplay.

As I already wrote at PP, I can have a twisted mind but for me the "poserpros operation" was staged like it went from the beginning: Build a place, wait for a 10 thousand users for a base, then add banners and open the store, then accept a big check and sell it to the Big Daddy. Big Daddy close the place and moves the toys to his house. Sad .

Bondware "is" Renderosity and if you want my opinion (lurking the crystal ball ) sooner or later DAZ will buy Renderosity.

Poser has been sold once again (*rubbing the crystal ball*) to this "Smith Micro" or something like that and I know nothing of the future upgrades , we can only hope but it looks like the given standard could be "Daz Studio" (that I personally, don't like).

This is how monopolies work.

We? We're only a group of friends , Posetteforever can't be compared to Big Daddies , it's a sort of "Wikipedia", we sell nothing , we earn nothing and we're not in competition because the rest is simply a different thing.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  guiltypleasures 26 Mar 2008 02:48

Very well stated Davide, I believe you have stated some very good facts and foreseen a grim future for Poser which is sad but true when it comes to the corporate world we live in. Posette Forever is a safe haven in the corporate world. Thank goodness you have provided it for us, your family of friends across the miles and seas to come and sit down and talk, play and share our humble art. Also I believe that we represent a piece of whats good in the world, a place  and people who care about each other no matter what we are or where we are born from. Not to say that we <PF> hasn't had it's trials and tribulations, but we have met those challenges and faced them and dealt with them in as much fairness as we <you> can and hopefully we all learn from this and try to better ourselves as a whole and not divide ourselves for the sake of money or glory.

Thank you Posetteforver family

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187