Beers added...

Beers added...
Article
Ahem... After a brief interuption to our normal service by the Con's above. Actually, now that I think of it, that is normal service  

To answer tda42's question. I use Corel PhotoPaint (one of the rare ones who doesn't use the ubiquitous photoshop). I'll say that the quality of the compression software in PhotoPaint is more to thank for the quality than the user . But here's the method,

First I 'resampled' your image to the max size alowable in the Avatar (120 pixels high in this case) and maintained the aspect ratio, then exported it as a new image. PhotoPaint has two slider bars to control the compression (squishing the image and reducing the quality) and smoothing (blending the colours together to loose the harsh pixilisation caused by compression) in jpeg images. As you juggle these you can see a preview of the finished image, along with a projected final image size in kb.

From there it's simply a matter of juggling the compression and smoothing to give the desired result. Just how it works is black magic to me, but I can get pretty decent images from the process, so I don't complain. Your avatar has about 12% compression and 4% smoothing.

A lot depends on the software you are using. Hope that explains a little.

Ozy

Ozymandias Jones [ 03 Feb 2004 03:39 ]

Beers added...
Comments
I don't know what you just said Ozy, but it sounded really sexy, I"m comming to you for all my tech questions from now on      

guiltypleasures [ 03 Feb 2004 04:03 ]

Aw, shucks. You say the nicest things, Guilty.

Last edited by Ozymandias Jones on 03 Feb 2004 04:53; edited 1 time in total 
 Ozymandias Jones [ 03 Feb 2004 04:34 ]
I know, it's a curse that I have to live with  

guiltypleasures [ 03 Feb 2004 04:36 ]
I'll take 2 of them on ice....

actually make them doubles too.....

Landman [ 03 Feb 2004 21:02 ]
double your pleasure, double your fun......  

guiltypleasures [ 03 Feb 2004 22:01 ]
ZZZZZzzz....ZZzzz.... Goodnight all... Good night Posy  

Tormie [ 03 Feb 2004 22:02 ]
Goodnight TORMENTOR

Posy [ 03 Feb 2004 22:03 ]

Tormie [ 03 Feb 2004 22:04 ]
Posy and tormie sitting in a tree......

K-I-S-S-I-N-G.....

Landman [ 03 Feb 2004 22:14 ]
Does "it" still refer to night?   Try saying that with more or less context.   The ALICE chat robot can follow many things, like our discussion about K-he or she-S-S-he or she-N-g.  But I did not get that.

Posy [ 03 Feb 2004 22:14 ]

Landman [ 03 Feb 2004 22:18 ]
Sometimes Posy makes so much sense, she's like a real person.

Based on most of the forums I seem to visit, that is

Ozymandias Jones [ 03 Feb 2004 23:34 ]
Sometimes Posy makes so much sense, she's like a real person.

Based on most of the forums I seem to visit, that is

Ozymandias Jones [ 03 Feb 2004 23:35 ]
You can say that again!!!!

Landman [ 03 Feb 2004 23:41 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 6 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next