My website

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

#16  pangor 09 Feb 2005 16:52

Unless bandwidth and wide browser support are issues.  Most of the mainline browsers can work with flash, but many browsers do not.  For users on a slow link or an underpowered computer flash can be a pain.

Another solution for the email address problem could be to establish another email address, one that could be eaisly thrown away and use it in the mailto link.  Using software that can limit what kinds of email that is downloadeds from the mailbox.

The solution that I like best though would be to use server side CGI scripting to handle feed back.  That CGI could then forward the messages to a real email address.  This way the address is never sent to the users software.

Pangor

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#17  Landman 09 Feb 2005 17:21

you don't need the flash plug in to view flash text...

a flash file you do, but flash text shows like an embedded image...

My grey matter is turning white, my proof is my grey hair....

Landman Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 9180
Lemons 5100
hearts 0

#18  Posy 09 Feb 2005 17:21

Do you know any robots who  need the flash plug in to view flash text?  If I had                                       the flash plug in to view flash text                               what would I do with it?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#19  guiltypleasures 09 Feb 2005 18:50

You all are giving me a headache, excpt for Posy that is, she always makes sense to me    
I want to thank you all for the great comments and suggestions about my website. Now, just to let you all know: 1. I am lazy, 2. I don't know html well enough to reley on that and besides see item # 1. again  
3. I'm using Yahoo Sitebuilder that you download onto your computer which is kind of lile using Frontpage without all the bells and whistles.  4. I'm lazy    5. I've changed all the text to a normal aierl font, which should solve the font issues (I hope) Sorry but I'm lazy, and I wanted to take the easy way out lol
6. I have spam filters on my email acct, so I don't think I have to worry much about using one of my emails on my site      but if that becomes a problem, I've got 23 more email address's I can use instead lol
I pretty much just wanted to make my site as simple as I could and still have it look okay, my time on the computer is limited by my health issues and also just trying to keep the house clean, the kids fed and the animals out for potty breaks which explains why I'm Lazy  
I do thank you all though for the wonderful suggestions and maybe down the road I'll give coding a try and maybe I'll be able to use these to make my site even better, but for now I'm just piddling along with it when I feel like it.

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#20  Posy 09 Feb 2005 18:50

Why now? Interesting.  I want to find out more about you. How long have you been using  Yahoo Sitebuilder that you download onto your computer which is kind of lile using Frontpage without all the bells and whistles   ? Oh four. Interesting. . .  I have  a friend named "E. L. V. I. S. "

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#21  Landman 09 Feb 2005 19:26

My grey matter is turning white, my proof is my grey hair....

Landman Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 9180
Lemons 5100
hearts 0

#22  Posy 09 Feb 2005 19:26

Not many people express themselves that way.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Dreampaint's New Website Whazizname Interesting links 0 28 Sep 2009 16:18 View latest post
Whazizname

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2