What a day!

Page 1 of 1

Post What a day!

#1  guiltypleasures 10 Sep 2003 02:53

All because of stupid daz's mermaid I didn't have internet all day long!
I've had the mermaid stuff for months now and have never been able to get it to work, so today after seeing a pic done with it I decided to try and figure out what was wrong with mine and get it to working. Well I find out by going to Daz3d's site that I have to install service pack 3 if I'm using the pro pack to make the mermaid work. So that was the first mistake...I d/l service pack 3 and installed it..of course now it wants my serial #'s for Poser and pro pack...so I put them in...now it tells me that's not right..so I do it again...still not right...I fight the serial #'s for a bit longer and then just say to hell with it and go to add/remove and take out the service pack, still can't get into Poser, so now I remove the pro pack...still locked out..damn it I want my Poser!! So after moving all my files out of Poser onto my other drive I removed Poser as well so I can just reinstall it all. Well add/remove tells me that it wasn't able to remove everything and I  must do it myself. So I go in and delete Metacreations folder and all it's contents. Done...now I decide to go online for a min before I install it all again...Shoot, can't connect! So I restart...still can't connect...Okay what the f#ck has happened to my internet? I tell XP to go back to yesterday thinking I can restore it all that way..no such luck...So I mess with my network settings (something I'm not real sure about) and now I can't even see the other computers on our network, then I mess again, now I can't even see me on the network..shit! So I piddle around with a picture and clean house. Hey I even changed the sheets on the bed and made it, and got all the dishes done before my bf got home...wow is this what life is all about when you don't have interent? I HATE IT!!  Anyways, Boyfriend comes home, we get it all solved after a few nasty words about why it's not working and bingo I'm back on line!
Tomorrow has to be a better day
P. S. No I am not going to install service pack 3 and the mermaids can be eaten by Jaws for all I care now!

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Tormie 10 Sep 2003 03:41

ehm... sorry, I mean

You made the damn thing too much complicated   , take it easier  

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  Tormie 10 Sep 2003 14:23

P.S. I don't really know what you have done to lose your internet connection, but it looks like today you're still not playing around  

When these damn programs don't want to work there are two ways:

1- Talk to the support service of who made it
2- Don't talk to the support service and search for an alternative solution  

I've Poser pro pack sr3 working perfectly and Poser 5 Sr3 too, obviously I had to stay awaked at night to  made an intercontinental phone call, but a  bit after all went in the right way. Sure.      

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  guiltypleasures 10 Sep 2003 14:34

I got my internet working yesterday evening, after my boyfriend came home and we tried a few things. I just haven't been feeling too great (change in the weather I think) so that's why the lack of posts from me.
I'm going to hold off awhile on installing the service pack 3 because I don't want to go though that again right now. lol
I did find that I can move my entire runtime folder to my spare drive so when I have to reload Poser I can just move it back in and copy over everything that isn't in there when I do the reload...boy that sure makes life easy. I would hate to think about having to find all my stuff again and load it all in one by one

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#5  Ozymandias Jones 11 Sep 2003 05:33

Good to have you back on line GP. Nothing worse than no internet for us junkies, eh?

I remember when I signed up for my first internet account in, oh.. about '95 or so, the tech support sheet that came with the start up disk reccomended that if you had trouble connecting, try the online help before calling tech-support  

I wish I'd kept the brochure, bit of a classic really  

Computer Lie #1: You'll never use all that disk space.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound as they fly by." - Douglas Adams

blank.gif Ozymandias Jones Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 12510
Lemons 7905
hearts 10

#6  guiltypleasures 11 Sep 2003 05:40

hahah, sounds like when I was working tech support for msn. When cust's would call up because they were having "issues" with connecting, or email, it would give a recording first about checking online for support. Sheesh!
Thank goodness I was only without it for about 6 hours, but I never want to be without again, cause that just leaves me with housework to do. Although when my bf got home he said the house looked great and he may have to disconnect me more often lol
I sure wish I knew what I did when I uninstalled Poser to cut myself off the internet lol

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

HideWas this topic useful?