An idea for Nea - need input.

Page 1 of 1

Post An idea for Nea - need input.

#1  pangor 22 Dec 2005 20:30

Yesterday I mentioned: [i:8cec539a5a]I found something today. If it goes right we may have a new gift for you and all fans of Nea too.[/i:8cec539a5a]

It did go right.   Here is the background:

At FaerieWylde in the forums for contributers to the holiday giveaways, Wolfie posted a message about a Nea based character that he has been working on named Sabrina.  Sabrina was to be a fariy, Wolfie stopped working on her before completion, because he did not care for how her joints worked (Posette joint parameters) and I suppose you could that he felt she is not graceful enough.

He gave permission for anyone to use her as a base to create a finished character to be given away during the Solstice event.  I found it in that forum too late to get her ready for the event, since it has already started.  I thought that she does look very promising.  I am not sure as a fariy  I am thinking of her more as a human sized elf lady like those from Tolkien's Ring and as a semi-petitie human Lady.

I asked him if we could use Sabrina for a project here at PF.  The final result being made available in our freestuff and at FW either by a link to here or by the file or files being hosted there as well. He agreed.

I will repackage it to be more easy to work with and provide it in that form for those who would like to help improve her.  If her current morphs are not enough perhaps some of you morph masters could help with that :whilste:  Her current texture based on the preview image attached here, is nice enough but for more general use, it does need some work.  She could be used as a test model for the discussion that have atarted about skin texturing.

Now the question that needs addressing is how should we set up to handle this:

As a topic in "The Little Sculptor" forum

or

as a new forum in "Projects and Events" catagory

If Narcissus ever accepts Davide's offer to host his project here, this  project topic or forum could be moved into that catagory.

Should files for the project be passed between us as message attachments or should we have a freestuff catagory for the WIP files with individul files being removed when they are obsolete?  The released files would be in the regular freestuff catagories of course.

In addition to the fun amd practice, this could also be used as an example of what can be done with such a character that is seen by others as being not so good, when people who care enoungh get involved.

Pangor

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Tormie 22 Dec 2005 23:26

We can open new forums, no problem, however my opinion is to create them as subforums of existing forums, Nea is derived from Posette so a subforum for this project nested in "Posette Playground" should be the right thing. It's not due to hide or show something but I fear that the forum list will become too big and with similar topics. (my 2 cents )

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  pangor 23 Dec 2005 04:04

That is great.  The only effective difference between a forum and a subforum is how it is listed on the fourms index page, so I was considering both styles when I mentioned using a forum.

Pangor

pangor 

#4  ahjah 23 Dec 2005 15:20

Sounds interesting

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#5  ahjah 12 Jan 2006 14:02

... any news on this topic?   

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#6  Tormie 12 Jan 2006 22:24

???

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#7  pangor 13 Jan 2006 08:38

I have looked into the character as she exists.  The package needs cleaning up before being repackaged for us to work on her.  It is too locked into his personal work environment.  I have done some of the cleaning by uncompressing the supplied Poser files and editing them with a text editor, (without those fixes I can not even load the character into Poser).  When he said the he dropped the project before cleaning it up, he was not kidding!

Once I get it into a workable shape, I will be setting up a subforum for the project.

Tormie, Files in release condition would be uploaded to the regular applicable catagories int eh free stuff.  But we may also need a catagory in the freestuff to hold the WIP files for this project, so that it will not cause polute the regular catagories with not quite finished (or working?) items.  As they become obsolete they can be deleted also.   If it is OK, I will set up that at the same time as the sub forum.

pangor 

#8  Tormie 13 Jan 2006 13:35

Hey pangor, do as your wish   ! We trust you   !

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#9  pangor 13 Jan 2006 18:20

Thank you.

Today I am starting the postwork on a Christmas image that I have been working on.  Yes, I know it is late, but had trouble getting the software to work with me on it, then had to throw it away and start over in a different way.  This is the third week of working on it this way.  I hopt to have it ready soon.  Then when some other items are finished  at couple of other items done, I will look into getting this project going.

pangor 

#10  Tormie 13 Jan 2006 18:26

Take it easy, we use to be traditionally lazy   ...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#11  ahjah 14 Jan 2006 20:55

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#12  pangor 08 May 2006 05:47

This project is not gone.    I yesterday and somemore today I have been working on the repackaging and trying to make her al little more easy to work with for the team project.  May take a day or two get ready.  Then will take care of setting up for the project here.

pangor 

#13  ahjah 09 May 2006 02:00

I got me the original package by wolfie from FW some time ago. I don´t have NEA, cos I cannot decode her (I don´t have the original P4 Posette obj).
I tried copying the morphs over to a standard Posette char, but I get heavy distortion around nipples, brows, and lips. So I will not be much help on this project, for NEA/Sabrina don´t work for me

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#14  pangor 09 May 2006 03:17

That is part of the reason that it has taken me so long to get this project started.  Her unusual body scaling was causing problems.  I have rescaled most of her back to 100% except for her head, if the head is scalled 100% she really looks strange also at the moment, she is cross eyed.

pangor 

#15  PitKlad 30 May 2006 20:41

If you want any help on the texture I'm in!

blank.gif PitKlad Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL