Maybe I'm being paranoid.

Page 1 of 1

Post Maybe I'm being paranoid.

#1  melamkish 30 Mar 2006 02:42

With what has been going on lately, I might be paranoid, but while I was getting caught up on the last 89 postings, I noticed that drpochi's flag changed from Japan to the USA.  His/her profile says drpochi has been a member since 2003.

I thought it kind of odd that it would take several years to correct this mistake, unless a change of residence has taken place.

Hmmm, I almost deleted this post and went back "Home"

drpochi's flag is back to Japan again.  Could this be a minor bug in the board software?

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  pangor 30 Mar 2006 03:15

I will take a look at the logs to see if there is anything strange.  In the meantime, it could be that he was editing his profile and made a mistake.  Or something else less innocent.  Either way, unless he does something bad, we assume he is innocent; however, we should all keep an eye on him.

Thank you for seeing this and letting the rest of us know about it.

pangor 

#3  pangor 30 Mar 2006 03:38

Log looks normal for a member from Japan.

pangor 

#4  Tormie 30 Mar 2006 06:59

Thank you melamkish and pangor. On PF there are installed 2 systems: the little flag in the "who is online" table is automaticaly given by the ip of the users and tells "the truth", the one in the profile is choosen by the user. FOr some reason someone choose a different flag in his or her profile but IMHO is not a problem unless he or she make something strange of course. We installed the IP based flags after the "borgs" episode when an user created multiple personalities and pretended that they were from alla round the world. With this system is very hard to cheat us even because we installed system to stop proxies and conenctions from anonimyzers...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

HideWas this topic useful?