pangor
Subject: Yes, I am here.
Hi, I am been around less than usual. :oops: But I was never really gone. ;-)

We have a new gallery, a new forum, and a minor reorganizaion.

The new forum is, "I'm New, Please Whip Me Gently", located in "The Graphic Hobbyist". It has the the description "Caring and sharing for beginners." It is where beginners can ask for help in getting started and for general advice.

The new gallery is top level gallery named, "Early Renders" with the description of "A for all of us to share our beginner pictures. From when we are new to 3D or when we try something new."

These additions have been made to help make new artist who find PF feel more welcome here. Something that I have noticed from new members who are also new to 3D, it is common for them to feel nersious about showing their works and they see the works we post now and consider their early attempts to be worthless in comparison. Some are also worried about posting question or asking for advice. They feel their questions would not be welcome.

To deal with this situation the fourm and gallery was created. In some sites there are beginner galleries that feel like a place for beginners to put their works to stay out of the way of the other members. For our gallery there is a difference. It is to be a safe place for beginners to post their pictures AND for us to put a own early works to show that we have all improved with time (I would like to think that we are improving). Also when we try somthing new and it looks good enough for posting but not as good as what we have done. WE can post them in that gallery, it will show the new members that we are all still beginners when we try new things. Asnd we are not afraid to show those experiments that did not go so good yet.

For us, That gallery is not where a place to post pictures of new characters, or models. It is to show the results of experimenting with new tecniques. FOr the new members, it is a place for them to be comfortable posting in until they feel they are ready for the regular galleries.

The changed forum is "Deviant Viking & Mitzo's Pole Dancing Club". It is now a subforum of "Guiltypleasures' Clubhouse"

Subject:
Thanks for your work. These changes make sense to me :thumb:

Subject:
This is an excellent idea, and of course a way for the newer users to continue to grow. :)

Profile PM  
Subject:
Thank you pangor :thumb: :wink: !!

Last edited by Tormie on 23 Apr 2006 10:44; edited 1 time in total
Subject:
Great work Pangor! :thumb:

Profile PM  

Page 1 of 1