Some ideas to have fun with...

Page 1 of 1

Post Some ideas to have fun with...

#1  Tormie 19 Aug 2006 20:06

Hi friends, today I was thinking about new idea for the site, in order to have sone fun and I want to talk about them with you.

I'm fond of an english program called "top gear" which is transmitted on bbc and it's about car (search it on wikipedia.org for more info). This program is seriously cool and have some features that we could port to our kind of "businness".

They are not linked to any motor company, so when they test a car they say clearly if it's rubbish or a good one, they have also other things, like the "cool wall", a wall where the good cars are under "cool" or "sub zero" or "uncool" and "seriously uncool" and put them here or there is decided not exactly on technical reason, but for example all diesel cars are uncool, supercars are uncool because only few people can have them etc. (you should watch their program...).
They have also a test track and they test the car with a professional driver, but this one is masked, it has a white casket and no one know who he is.

Now the idea is to open a new project forum when we can test freebies and commercial products too (maybe splitted) with articles well prepared. at the end of this we can state that a freebie is always cool because it's a free for all, but the author of the articles will say if a commercial product is cool or not and if it worths to be bought in a fair way. we can also open a poll for commercial products (subzero,cool, uncool,seriously uncool) at the end of the article. What about the commercial products? Some of us have many self bought and they can test them, if the idea has success after a while (maybe after 50 products tested so that we can show something) we can even ask to the author of a new product if he or she want to have it tested for our site and we can can send it to the proper pioneer/moderator. For example, I hate victoria things but some of us her so they can usefully test products for this thing and be the "tester" for this kind of thing, or another pioneer can test for example the environmetal things etc.

We can also cover the identity of the author of the article under the "Stig" character if we don't want to have mmh.. trouble. I think it can be done, simply becasue we are not linked to anyone commercially do we can be fair

This is a basic idea, I want to know if you like it.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  pangor 19 Aug 2006 20:45

This sounds interesting and fun.  What do the rest of us think?

pangor 

#3  ahjah 19 Aug 2006 21:25

...still thinking...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#4  Tormie 19 Aug 2006 22:07

What I forgot to say is that those tests shouldn't be in any way connected to the promotion of a commercial product, but a way to criticize what's wrong with a thing that costs money. If you see the other forums is all full of "oh, it's so goooood " comments, but we could do a serious test simply becasue we aren't commercially involved, and those test could be "anonymous" under the name of a single character, the "DorkStig" maybe.

We can even reduce the idea only to free products, but it this case it's not fair to criticize them becasue all that's free it's cool itself

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#5  JanReinar 20 Aug 2006 03:03