Spammers attack ! :uuh:

Article
Post Spammers attack !  

Hi friends, as you could have seen in this period it seems that some spammers have sighted our site. They were at least 2, 1 from Korea and the other one from Russia, the russian dude is making a precise strategy: he registered himself at least a dozen times using a free service at gawab.com so that when I ban one of the clones he used another, useless that I had banned the whole gawab.com because he had already registered a lot of clones. What I've actually done is to search manually all the clones in the database and I've deleted them all, so big surprise for him. However I'll   turn on the admin approval of new members for a while, if they register with a free mail isp I'll contact them first.

However I want to ask to you if you want to consider the option to stop using free email services to register to the site, we made it in the past but I had to give up. As a conseguence registrations for example from yahoo or hotmail would be impossible. Please write your opinion

Tormie [ 15 Aug 2006 22:44 ]

Comments
I agree Davide. The   spammers always use free e-mail services to do their job .

It is a sad thing to do   but I can not see another way to protect the site!

JanReinar [ 16 Aug 2006 19:41 ]
I'm checking the requests manualyy, it's not a big pain

Tormie [ 16 Aug 2006 19:51 ]
You are a great guy!  

JanReinar [ 16 Aug 2006 19:55 ]

Tormie [ 16 Aug 2006 19:57 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1