Futura

Futura
Article
Post Re: Futura 

I made a rework of the Helmet&Claw.cr2 with external geometry.
I managed to reduce the material count from almost eighty (!) to twentyfour, and gave them "talking" names.     
I made a basic mat pose for P4 users, too.
The file is ~2,5mb
Tell me, if you want to include it in the original package or if we should offer this as a separate optional download

Last edited by ahjah on 19 May 2007 05:46; edited 1 time in total 
 ahjah [ 19 May 2007 03:42 ]

Futura
Comments

tda42 wrote: [View Post]
I tried to upload Futura myself and it Timed Out. So Davide I guess it is up to you.

Kenny, I would make the job but I'll be the author, you don't have to upload the file, just put the link in "file url" box at the bottom of the page and it's done, you can't upload it because it's too big. However, take a look at Andreas work (where is it ?   ) maybe it has to be included

Tormie [ 19 May 2007 05:27 ]

I'll send you the file to post here via email
no readme included.
The obj file goes to RuntimeGeometriesFutura
The char just conform to Futura instead of the original Helmit&Claw.cr2
The basic mat pose uses Kenny's reflection maps
I'll send you the file soon, but I'm really tired now...   

ahjah [ 19 May 2007 05:44 ]

I took a look, it's the suit reworked by Andreas About the Suit, I don't know if it's right or not in the knees area  

Tormie [ 19 May 2007 06:53 ]

Yes, she needs a bit of tweaking. Kenny's original file had the taper dial to 25% on the thighs, but that didn't satisfy me, too.
Try to set the thight to side=1° in, bend=-1°. Do this AFTER conforming, be sure to turn the IKs off. Worked for me...

ahjah [ 19 May 2007 07:12 ]

OK I'll try   ! (When I'll be back from work )

Tormie [ 19 May 2007 07:55 ]

Now we are getting somewhere.   Andreas if you want to put it in the package too, then that is fine with me. If you guys want we will just put it in there as a family.   A team or what have you. You can put yours Andreas in the same character file under Futura but list it as a Poser 4 Futura. I myself have know problem with sharing in the fun. As for the downloading. I see what you are saying and yes that will working but what if the link ever goes dead? I would want something on this site to be more stable, but it is know big deal. Just a thought. Yes the conforming was a big project and a pain as well. I thought I would never get it to even come close to what it is now.

tda42 [ 19 May 2007 10:45 ]

Kenny, when I sid "the link" I meant the link of the file that I put on Posetteforever I can upload it by FTP, no problem. However just send me the file and I'll do the job

Tormie [ 19 May 2007 15:54 ]

Ok! Wasn't really sure what you ment. Andreas I think was going to load his set up of Futura (The Poser4 Version) in the same file so I was holding out to see if he was wanting to add it to the download. It takes a bit for everyone to get things together sense we are all in different countries. Would be nice to live down the block.

tda42 [ 19 May 2007 16:34 ]

kenny, if you decide to include the suit modified by Andreas you should do it directly (I mean dress Futura with that modified suit) , I can do the job and you can credit him in the readme. You should look a little at the knees of the suit  

Tormie [ 19 May 2007 16:47 ]

Ok. At the moment I am working on an animation in Poser. I have two PC just alike and one is working Poser and the other I am on line. So at the moment I can't do anything about the conforming. Is there something about Andreas Poser 4 Suit that is different? You might have to work with it Torm if you can. I, at the moment am very busy. But if you can get it to work then there is no problem. I just make it and we just use it.

tda42 [ 19 May 2007 17:41 ]

Weel, I took a closer look at the legs of Futura that don't work fine.

Kenny I noticed this problem: You made new boots and glove from scratch but you left the old ones in the suit, they are visible (only transparent) in Poser so you should add that reference to the 3rd party author that made those boots 'cause they are present. However the only thing that is added with this part of the complete character (the boots) are the rings in the knee area that dont work fine with the new boots you made: you left the rings on the old boots instead to made them on the new ones.

So, I edited the cr2 file with the cr2editor and simply deleted those parts (gloves and boots, 3dparty author) and now it conforms well. There are 2 problems: the part of the suit in the abdomen area contains 2 parts that come from the legs, I saved them as props and added as props to the abdomen area. The ring around the knees (that didn't work fine), i was not able to save as props   , I think you should add them to the new boots you made, maybe as simple props.

I think t hat the same job (deleting the unused parts from the cr2) can be made on the other characters composing the whole figure, there would be a cleaner work, I'll take care of it

Well, with the suit that i reworked thare is still another problem : the obj file of this one should contain the data of the old gloves and boots, maybe saving the obj from the character that I made and using it as a reference obj for the character it should work   , I've to try...

This is the cr2 that I made, you should fix those two things :  the props in the abdomen area and the rings in the kees area (but in your new boots instead of the suit)

Tormie [ 19 May 2007 21:33 ]

Ok, I see the problem. I tried to cover up the boots hoping to cut corners with the project. I see that this is going to cost me more time. I don't know if and when I'm going to fix this because of the way my life is at the moment. I had sort of a dead line to get Futura done and it looks like I am running out of time. The boots where joined as part of the project from the first Futura and used as a project with object mover involved. Then I thought of customizing Futura with my own glove and boots. I put the boots over it and I came out with a bad mess. I am trying to remove the old boots and hope I can fix it. But if it takes a bit of time I just don't have time to complete this in a couple of days. Bummer.

tda42 [ 20 May 2007 00:29 ]

Ok, my last attempt for a bit. This is still in beta mode. I removed the old boots from mesh. It has not been tested. So see what you all can do with this and maybe it can work right. Davide it is back to square one with this because I had to rework everything in the old file I had on Poser 5. So take a look and see what we have to work with.  

The link is not active anymore due to the release of Futura 1.1  

Last edited by tda42 on 25 May 2007 14:11; edited 1 time in total 
 tda42 [ 20 May 2007 02:16 ]

Kenny, I think it's the last thing to do , don't worry. I'll test it when I'll be back from work  

Tormie [ 20 May 2007 03:45 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 2 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next