Futura

Page 3 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post Re: Futura

#31  Tormie 20 May 2007 14:29

There are still errors in the cr2 files:

figureResFile C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 5RuntimelibrariescharacterFuturaNew Set.cr2
figureResFile C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 5RuntimelibrariescharacterFuturaTest.cr2

these should be obj not cr2 (I don't have them) . I could fix it but I dont know if they are:

gloves
boots
p4nudewom.obj

It will take long to fix, I'll write here when it's done

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

#32  tda42 20 May 2007 16:23

Ok I am afraid this is my last try with this. We have changed so much and I have gotten more confused about what was what. The NEW SET.obj file is sitting with the cr2 file. As for the Test.obj it was in there at the time but did not think it was needed anymore. So it was trashed. I thought everything was in tacked because it is working at my PC. I don't understand why there is problems there and I am getting a load up with out the TEST.obj   Very strange. If you need the test obj I am afraid it at one time had the boots from the other person and I simply deleted them not thinking it would be needed anymore. Well that is the brakes. If it can't work with this then I can't do anything else with it and would hate to start from scratch. I am ready to call it quits on this project. There is to much to fix and I think I have put to much time into it. Anyone want to fix her they can. I am sorry but I have other things to get done. Bummer.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#33  Tormie 20 May 2007 16:37

I fixed the problems

The final file is about 10Mb instead of 25. Please take this one and work on it instead of use your version because it took me 3 hours to fix and I won't do it again   .
I hope my english is not so bad because it looks like no one understand me . In the other file there is the mesh of the p4nudewoman called "Futura", it's useless to add it when it is already in the Poser installation, so I fixed this thing. The meshes should go in the geometries directory not in the libraries because everyone has his own installation and the result is that Poser would take years to find the meshes if you dont put them in a precise directory and the place is the geometries/futura directory. Please put the obj there. Futura is a combination of 4 characters with different parts visible, I deleted the useless parts from the cr2 file, I will have to delete all the useless morphs but I forgot to do it.

Andreas, I think that the work you made for the suit is not in this file, if you can there are a lot of materials in the suit, glove and boots
, they should be reduced and you should be able to do it . There is a gap in the right collar area from catsuit to metalsuit. it should be fixed, if I'm not wrong in the first version the gap was not visible, I could fix it adding the shoulder and using a transparency map

This file is correct, I hope you guys find the time for the final fixes, then I'll take a look at all the package, I think that there are materials that are not used but still in the package, I've to check it all.

Please do the final fixes

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#34  Tormie 20 May 2007 16:38

That's ok Kenny, I'll finish it.  Andreas , if you can please fix the materials in the suit, glove and boots using the last file I posted above

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#35  tda42 20 May 2007 18:30

Davide I really don't understand why there is problems with the last one I sent you. I loaded it from scratch on a fresh Hard Drive and loaded Poser 5 from scratch and then I loaded Futura the last one I had sent you and it worked fine. This one doesn't need anything to my knowledge of a change. But I know you worked lone hours on the last one and if that is what you think we need to get her working then I am for it 100%. But I am going to keep the last one unless anyone wants it because it works fine with me. Thank you all for the hard work.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#36  Tormie 20 May 2007 19:18

As I said Kenny, it looks like you don't understand what I wrote. The fact that it's working for you it's not that it will work for everyone. I worked a lot on it with what I know about Poser files: if you edit your cr2 there are references errors, but maybe you can say me where are these files on my own PC

figureResFile C:Program FilesCurious Labsposer 5RuntimelibrariescharacterFuturaNew Set.cr2
figureResFile C:Program FilesCurious Labsposer 5RuntimelibrariescharacterFuturaTest.cr2

I corrected it so that Poser wouldn't to search for files that are in the wrong directory, I've also put those files in a directory in the geometries trees , that's the place where they have to be placed. The obj files are the same that you made, the "Futura" obj that you put in the file is useless because it's simply the p4woman so it's useless to put it in the file, I changed the reference in the cr2 to the original one, there is no difference. I've also deleted the parts that are not be shown, I've also deleted the unneded morphs. The result is that the final file is about 9 mb, the last file you sent me is about 25 mb, there is a difference. You asked for my help and I helped but now you're saying that you won't even try my work because your file works fine for you   . Not talking about Andreas work on materials, it seems to me that his work is disappeared from the last file that works for you. I don't like it Kenny, I woke up at 5 in the morning to go to work and I passed the afternoon on Futura instead of having my nap and it's sunday. I understood that you left this project. Next time don't even begin.

This is the last version of the package: completely cleaned. I won't work on it anymore, do what you want.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#37  ahjah 20 May 2007 20:08

I dl all the files, I'll have a look at them later.
Maybe, I can put something together that makes sense   
(If there's a sense in what we are doing at all. Imagine, we're grown up men playing with virtual dolls    )

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#38  tda42 20 May 2007 21:18

Davide I am sorry you feel this way. But I feel that everyone is getting into a race and getting ahead of each other. I have gone to 4 PCs and have had no troubles with the last one. The one with the suit and a rip in the suit can be resolved. Simply delete the old suit and add the new one. Taper the left shoulder and conform it. I know you worked hard on this but when I get something taken care of, then you have another problem for us to look at and I really don't know which version needs to be worked with. But I know when it is time to forget things and move on. First it was changing things to building new things to avoid copy right problems. I simply state this as a mess of communication and timing between the people that have worked on this. I don't know why everyone is getting worked up about letting it go. It's really know big deal. It was an idea I wanted to share but instead I get this coldness about making things work. I won't ask you for anything else. I thank you, but I don't want to deal with things anymore. People are starting to act cold. Do what you want. I am done.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#39  ahjah 20 May 2007 21:22

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#40  Tormie 20 May 2007 21:54

Ok Kenny, no problem   . I'll *try* to tell you why the file you sent needed to be corrected once more:

- You put a file named "Futura beta 2.obj" in the package, this was simply the p4nudewom.obj with another name, it's the exact, same file and I don't know for sure if curious lab is happy to share the mesh of Posette. This file is not needed simplybecause the same exact file is already in the Poser installation so it was easy for me to edit the cr2 file and point it to p4nudewom.obj, the result is the same, no copyright problems and 10 mb less

- There are obj files shared that are not in the cr2, they are useless in this installation they are Futura (Posette).obj and Futura (Posette).pcf. they are not needed but they are in the package for good weight.

- There were file referenced in the cr2 that pointed not to objects but to other cr2 files, the directories were wrong, you can see it yourself , I don't have a "Poser 5" directory. If you leave the cr2 like that and dont put the objects in a "fixed" directories Poser will take years to find the files in the subdirectories, this is one of the reasons why it took about 1 whole hour to load on my 3.8 Gigahertz PC with 2 GB of ram. Imagine how it would take on a slower PC

-There where a lot of face morphs on the metal suit, obviously they are not needed, there were also fake materials, they are not needed.

And other things. What I made is NOT to show who is *better* ; I don't care of it and I don't want to be credited in any form, The big problem was for the copyright, this is solved after your remaking of the gloves and the boots and with the correction I made in order not to share the original P4woman mesh with the file. I cleaned the files and Andreas corrected the materials. I don't think we became *cold*, I worked on it for hours and I don't think it can be named to be *cold*.

You file *can't* be shared lightly because, I repeat, it contains an original mesh. You could do it anyway but it's your risk but I would be curious to know why you want to share it if it's already in the Poser installation. The last file I put here is the same exact thing that you made, the meshes are yours, I only corrected the whole thing and it's 16 mb lighter, no copyright problems, but, you don't even want to try it. I made nothing but correct some things, I don't want to be credited as I said, but I can't stand an attitude like yours, I don't understand. But everybody has his own temper and character, you probably have your reason to act like that.

So, now, you're the author of this project: do you want to have it finished and distributed or not ? If not we've only joked for a while  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#41  tda42 21 May 2007 09:19

Davide, This is not a who is better contest but a mix up in what version to use. The PCF file was either made by you or I at the start of the project.   We jump to get things done but get ahead of ourselves So don't be mad or upset. We are just tring to hard to get it to work. The other files where put there because at the moment I didn't know what was working and what wasn't. The object files where put there by Poser 5. I don't know why, they just where. In all I am not upset. I just don't want it to keep going and taking along time to fix. You see my friend I have 40 hours of work into her. But really it is not worth the head ache to have frustrations over. I was simply meaning we sleep on it and give it a rest. No worries. But if you want to keep trying then I am all for it as well. As far as the p4woman I really don't know how it got into the file because I don't need that.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#42  Tormie 21 May 2007 09:23

No problem Kenny, I put this version on the free stuff page as version 1, if you want to improve her in the future we'll share the version 2

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#43  ahjah 21 May 2007 14:04

I have made a revisited mat version of the last Helmit&Claw.cr2.
I had to do the remapping completely from scratch, cos of the altered geometry (no boots and glove)
For better conforming of the shoulder part, I had to reactivate the right collar in the char as well as in the geometries, so this part will stay in collar position when bending the robot arm. The shins were missing, too, but we'll need them for the kneepads to be complete. There was also a joint issue for this kneepads, part of the mesh stayed in zero position when Futura makes a step. I fixed this.
Now I'm planning to do some simple fixing morphs for the knees to have a better finetuning, as well as one for the collar part to cover the gap better . I'll do it tonight, now I'll go outdoors to get some sun tan...

P.S.: We'll have to reactivate the right shoulder of the bodysuit as well. Without this, the collar has nothing to bend with   

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#44  Tormie 21 May 2007 20:28

Andreas, use the normal catsuit, do the job and send it to me, I'll delete the unneded parts with the cr2editor.
I've to say that I've done something on the shoulder too, I selected some polygons of the shoulder that have to be made invisible and assigned a transparent material, but the result is that in this way a new obj file is needed with the reworked catsuit, so in order to avoid the copyright problem or the use of a pcf file I think that the simplest thing to do is the use of a transparency map that covers the transparent part of the shoulder.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#45  tda42 21 May 2007 21:34

Yes I agree with Davide. Use the catsuit because it well have all of the bones and parts to use. Delete the suit and just rename it as such. (Futura Suit). I thank you all for the big help.  

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts