Serious attempt to hack the site

Page 1 of 1

Post Serious attempt to hack the site

#1  Tormie 11 Oct 2007 19:17

Today I'm backing up the site and I found two php files in the directory of the screenshots of the free stuff page containing a trojan virus. No one could be infected by them, it probably happened when a hacker went on the site and on the upload page trying to put some of his shit on the site. The file was deleted at the moment but the screenshot was still on the site even if no one could even know of it and it could do nothing because of it. I noticed it during the backup because when the file reached my hard disk my antivirus caugth them on the spot. If you remember I added the "rule" that only the users with more than 5 posts can upload on the site, so this "expolit" is stopped, meanwhile I'll find an upgrade of the free stuff page software or a proper htaccess file.

For the rest I can see that the site is quite deserted in this period. I'm sorry for it because it used to be a happy place. As usually happens to me I'm passing a busy period with my workplace. Actually I'm more involved in the union and it takes extra time, plus I've "problems" at home because I'm trying to sell the house and other things. More than the lack of time these things causes to me a lot of mental tiredness so that when I'm home I want only to rest and can't be productive doing some art. I can't even "fake illness" for some months ( ) because of an hidden, secret, mafia related pact that I made in order to change the bus line where I worked with a "easier" one, where I'm driving now   . I wanted to explain this little bit of my life to you only to let you know that I'm not lacking interest on the site or art, it's this boring real life that actually keeps me far away, but things will change and in my "war plan" I reserved some periods where I want to "unplug" and dedicate a lot of time to my favourite hobby, my online friends and Posy       . In the meanwhile, please feel free to propose any kind of initiative on the site to cheer up the gang   . Sunday I'll be home and will do the final touches to our old lottery   for the halloween celebrations...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Serious attempt to hack the site

#2  ahjah 11 Oct 2007 20:11

Good thing to hear the virus didn't do any damage.
As for your real life thingie, maybe it's good to hear, you' not alone
At least my hard working season will end with october.
Things will calm down for you, too, my friend

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

Post Re: Serious attempt to hack the site

#3  JanReinar 12 Oct 2007 07:00

It is great to know that all is OK with the site! All of the good to you Davide!

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

HideWas this topic useful?