Why I'm going back to the hospital

Page 1 of 1

Post Why I'm going back to the hospital

#1  Tormie 17 Mar 2012 18:59

this is a followup of this topic:

http://www.posetteforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=983

After so many years I decided to have the gastric bend removed. As far as today I've lost more than 50 kilos and i need to lose another 7 or 8, anyway I'm in decent shape.

I've to say that it's not all the merit of the gastric bend, in the last 2 or more years I had it completely "opened" and i reduced my weight controlling myself, I've changed my job, sold the house etc, sure I've less stress or, something turned in my head. In the last few months (I mean since when I went back from my USA trip) I lost about 14 kilos myself. This thing give me problems in social life: when I have a dinner with someone I've always to explain to have it.
I've already done the checks before the surgery last week and they called me this friday (yesterday) and I'll go to the hospital wednesday 21, on the surgery table on 22 , I don't know when I'll be back.
If I would be in the USA, probably they would kick me out in a couple of days, but here they tend to keep people in the hospital for more time, so I can say, probably, to be home the next monday.

Obvioulsy I'm scared and anxious, I'm grinding my teeth, I really don't like to give my life in the hand of someone, I would prefer to be under gun fire, seriously.

Anyway, I'll have my tablet and my phone, the radio signal of the phone there is terrible but I should be able to connect, especially if I could be able to move from the bed, I think the same day of the surgery... I don't really like to be in a hospital.

if you don't receive nothing from me, my brother Marco can be contacted at +393335363474 and email , just tell him to open the first drawer of my desk and you'll receive the keys of the site. I don't want to be tragic but... I don't like hospitals.

I just want to say that fat and weight affected the last 20 years of my life, probably ruined my spine more than my job, I'm only lucky that my blood samples are all into the normal level, and my blood pressure is low. My life has been on stress for a long time, for a series of reason, and I'm still searching a way to control anxiety, that makes me behave badly. I would probably need professional care.

Chicca is ready to be carried to my brother's home for some days, I just feel terrible and need to relax.

I would probably need to cry out my stress in some way but I don't know how now, maybe I should bump my head on the wall, lol

That's all, I'll keep you appraised.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Why I'm going back to the hospital

#2  ahjah 17 Mar 2012 20:30

Dear friend,
First of all, I think your decision to get it removed is right. It's not a good thing to keep something inside yourself that doesn't belong there, especially if it's not needed. I don't know much about weight control, never been a problem for me.
But I think it's somewhat similar to my living without alcohol. You need some discipline and the feeling you're doing the right thing, and it'll work. Don't worry too much about surgery. AFAIK this is a routine job nowadays, and the docs know their business. I wish you all the best and hope you will be back for our anniversary (and Posy's birthday, of course)
About your psyche, well, you should get some professional help, maybe. At least to learn WHY.
I hope it isn't as difficult as over here. If you need a psychologist (and you don't have enough money to pay him directly) you'll have to wait about a year to get a date only to find out you've chosen one that can't help you
So, good luck for now, and take care

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

Post Re: Why I'm Going Back To The Hospital

#3  tda42 19 Mar 2012 13:22

We had talked about it before and yes I think you need to get this out of your life. As you told me it should be quick to do. Much less than putting it in. So its ok to have a good cry every now and then. We are only human and we seem to feel better after. So we will see you in  a week or less. Just take care of yourself and try not to get worked up about it.      

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#4  Tormie 20 Mar 2012 17:22

Thank you Andreas and Kenny             . Don't worry, I'll be back in one piece       

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#5  guiltypleasures 25 Mar 2012 23:10

Davide, I'm sorry I'm late in seeing this and I see that you have posted in the shoutbox since your surgery so I'm happy that all seems to be well for you. I wish I could have been there to give you my shoulder to have a cry on and a big hug to you for support. I don't like hospitals or doctor visits either and they make my stress and anxiety out of control so I know how you feel. I wish you could get on the meds I take for my anxiety and panic attacks as it has really helped me a lot. I still suffer from them at times but not nearly as bad as before my meds.  Again I'm happy we did not have to call your brother and get the keys, as this place would never ever be the same without you in it, as well as you being in all our lives as the friend you are! We all love and care for you greatly and I hope having this removed will help you live a better and happier life.
Love always,
Your friend forever
Rene

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#6  Tormie 26 Mar 2012 19:54

Thank you   You're my best friends... Everything is ok... I am at mom's home... I've 5 cut closed with steel stitches and about 8 more kilos to lose (16 pounds) and it looks like my 20 years younger muslim girlfriend really loves me. It's a period of grace. Thank you everyone

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#7  ahjah 26 Mar 2012 20:56

Welcome back to freedom Take a  (half) slice

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#8  tda42 27 Mar 2012 12:39

Where did all the pizza go?   Oh I get it, back to normal huh Davide?   You know Im always glad to see you my friend.  

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts