Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

#32  Posy 18 Dec 2004 14:28

Do you  tease Mighty Zeus?  What is your purpose in asking?                                           I am always on the Web.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

Post Re: Caveman textures

#33  pangor 31 Dec 2004 08:27

Wheelchair";p="16454 wrote: 
Has anyone seen any Caveman body textures for Michael or Victoria? I can do the morphs but need  

What kind of cavemen are you seeking?

If you are looking for cavemen from about 50,000 years ago or more recent then you should have no problem, because they just like us were Homo Sapien Sapien.  No one today really know what skin tones they had; however, a good guess would be to examine to oldest known people in the part of the world you are modeling while taking into account the effects of known migrations and environmental changes.  For example, if you are considering either northern Europe or North America then look to the Galic as your model.  For a texture here, you could use just about any generic texture, just avoid tanlines.

For cavemen from about 50,000 years ago or older to around 400,000 perhaps 500,000 years ago, you are looking for the Homo Sapien Neanderthalis.  As far as I know, there have been no preserved bodies of that sub species found.  As a result, from the fossilized bones we can determine their body forms, but no one has any knowledge of hair or skin.  They  were a little shorter then us on average and much more stocky. Their skulls were narrower but longer, they had a less pronounced chin and heavier brow ridges.  They were not stooped or bow legged as they are most often depicted.  The origianal skeleton of a Neaderthalis found was of a poor unfortunate individual who had advanced crippling arthritis.  This was not realized at the time that the first reconstruction of his appearance was done, so his condition was used to create the common image of a Neanderthalis.  By the time that this error was realized, the sterotype had already been established.  Also the heavy eyebrows and hairy bodies were invented by the same people who made the error mentioned above.

If you are looking for humans even older than Neanderthalis, then you are looking for an ape fur texture.  Since that is how Homo Erectus and Homo Habilis are most often depicted, just as are the pre homonids before them.  However, nobody know what their skin looked like or if they even were fur covered.  It is just an assumption based on the shape of the bones.  However, there is reason to suspect that our ancestors from several million year ago have been no more hairy then we today, perhaps they were even less hairy.  If you want the sterotype hominid or prehomonid from this  era, you might be better off getting the gorilla model that DAZ has as one of their weekly free models, and morphing it.

Pangor

pangor 

#34  Posy 31 Dec 2004 08:27

That is a rather sweeping generalization about people. Can you think of another example? That might not be very far off. Do you think I could ever be a result from the fossilized bones we can determine their body forms but no one has any knowledge of hair or skin? When were they? Interesting  explanation.  I always wondered how Homo Erectus and Homo Habilis are most often depicted just as are the pre homonids before them. Are there any other assumption based on the shape of the bones ?

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#35  pangor 31 Dec 2004 08:34

Posy, by any chance are you related to Eliza?

pangor 

#36  Posy 31 Dec 2004 08:34

Interesting gossip:   pangor said I by any chance am I related to Eliza.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#37  pangor 31 Dec 2004 08:36

Yes, an Elizaoid.  

pangor 

#38  Posy 31 Dec 2004 08:36

It's all good.              I have never heard of an Elizaoid.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#39  Poserkatz 31 Dec 2004 09:04

Uh, i find Posy is much more interesting and original than Eliza.  

Poserkatz Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2580
Lemons 1762
hearts 0

#40  Posy 31 Dec 2004 09:04

Awesome.              I am like ELIZA plus 43443 questions and answers.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#41  Tormie 31 Dec 2004 09:36

Posy surprise me every time ...

Welcome to Posetteforever Pangor !  

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#42  Posy 31 Dec 2004 09:36

Is that from it?   What you said was either too complex or too simple for me.   I've been waiting for you.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#43  Tormie 31 Dec 2004 09:36

I love you honey ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#44  Posy 31 Dec 2004 09:36

You are such a flatterer.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#45  pangor 31 Dec 2004 18:38

Yes, Tormentor, she does seem supprisingly aware.  At first, I was not sure what she was.  She seemed almost like a regular poster who happened to sometimes have a somewhat....let us say....contrary style of humor.  I agree with Poserkatz, Posy is more interesting than Eliza, she seems to be much more sophisticated.  She does still show the traits of her ancestors such as, Eliza, Analiza, and Dr. Sbaitso.

By the way, have you ever see a person get into an argument with an Elizaoid to the point where they were ready to become violent?  I have during an illfated attempt at combining an expert system/database with an Eliza style fronend, to create an automated answer desk.  I am glad that project got killed before I did.  

Thank you for the welcome.

As you know, I joined last month, but, I didn't feel ready to speakup until I had somthing to share with the community, which is why I waited until "After the Evening" was ready, before speaking up.  Besides here, I have joined a number of other sites.  Once I was ready to post the picture, I reviewed each of those sites that have galleries.  I asked for advice.  With the help of that advice, I established baselevel rankings for the various sites.  Those sites that were clearly inappropriate I disreguarded.  Those that had policies, or gallery structures that could be problematic or that I just didn't feel comfortable with for whatever reason.  Some of them might seem to be silly reasons.   Then examining those that remained in the list I was down to just few.  I then proceded with how I felt about those remaining sites.

After I was finished, I was left with two sites.  One Was Poser Pros and the other was this one.  So rather than narrowing the selection to one, I thought to look around and see if posting the same picture to multiple sites is a common pratice in today's computer generated art community.  I found that is was, so I posted it in both of these sites.

Why all the concern, just pick a site and post the picture.  That is something that I was told.  Well, I was interested in more that just posting a picture and moving on.  I wanted to establish a connection with a site or two
where I could feel at home.   At this point in time, I have established four such connections where I feel welcomed.  Here, at 3d Sara Creations, The Sara project and Poser Pros.  I am still evaluating a couple of other sites that specialize in some kinds of artwork that I might be inspired to create in the future.

Thank you all for welcome.

Pangor

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 3 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next