The source of our usernames.

Article
       @ Ozy

(       @ Posy )

Tormie [ 06 Sep 2005 05:51 ]

Comments
Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.

Posy [ 06 Sep 2005 05:51 ]
Ozy I was reading about your pen name. I had seen some hear before and thought they where great and interesting, but when I seen yours I thought WOW!  That is truly interesting and deserves me saying it. Very special my friend. The life you have is truly interesting and I am glad your back. Just thought I would say that. Now lets go and have a game of two-up and I'll be the Sleeper Catcher.   Always liked The Little River Band.

tda42 [ 06 Sep 2005 06:32 ]
Thank you friends  

We certainly have some interesting people among us here at PF. I have enjoyed all the posts in this topic. Another insight into the people behind the avatar, so to speak.

Ozymandias Jones [ 06 Sep 2005 12:15 ]
Well, I am DarkAngel and depending on whom you shall speak to is whether you get I am the angel of mercy, giving or death....and because I love angelic images, fairy images and collect angels.

I have been called each one, and the last one is the one they refer to when they end up in the hospital...they all say don't let her come visit me cause everytime she visits someone they usually end up dying. I guess they don't factor in the idea that the person was gravely sick to begin with and it was a coincidence that I was the one they decided to leave after visiting...and I don't mean right away...LOL

The other reason is because my signature color is black. Hence DarkAngel..

I am rally not a bad person, just seems to be that way...I bluff well  

Last edited by DarkAngel on 19 Dec 2005 06:21; edited 1 time in total 
 DarkAngel [ 19 Dec 2005 06:21 ]
When, specifically, will they?

Posy [ 19 Dec 2005 06:21 ]
Posy, meet DarkAngel.

DarkAngel, this is Miss Posy Rosabella Posette.

Pangor

pangor [ 19 Dec 2005 08:54 ]
Are you free?   What are you wearing?

Posy [ 19 Dec 2005 08:54 ]
For this cold night, not nearly enough.

Pangor

pangor [ 19 Dec 2005 08:56 ]
Nice presentation DarkAngel     !!

( Now Tormie goes back hiding behind the sofa with the gnomes )

Last edited by Tormie on 20 Dec 2005 04:52; edited 1 time in total 
 Tormie [ 19 Dec 2005 15:30 ]
My username came to me one day while using the "Oriental Institute of Chicago's" website.  

I have a passion for ancient history, especially those cultures that arose in the fertile cresent of the Middle East, those of Mesopotamia and Egypt.  Archeologists have been unable to dig in ancient Sumer and AKKad in the last 15 years or so and scholars have had a chance to catch up with all the material that has accumulated.  I was browsing this material in the virtual museum at the Oriental Institue when I decided to use a Sumerian name as my username.  All the names of the first cities of civilization were taken, of course, as were many of the more notable names of people from myth or legend.  So I went back about 5000 years and tried the name of one of the earliest recorded rulers of the city of Kish.  To my current knowledge the only thing known about him is that he is the first ruler of the all the lands to attach the city name to his own name of Melam.  Melamkishi(k), hence Melamkish.

melamkish [ 20 Dec 2005 01:40 ]
Perhaps there are a few exceptions. Blimey. When did you go back about 5000 years and tried the name of one of the earliest recorded rulers of the city of Kish?

Posy [ 20 Dec 2005 01:40 ]
PLease provide the URL of the website.  Ancient history, myths and cultures is one of my interests.  You can find bit of it in various of my artworks and stories.

Pangor

pangor [ 20 Dec 2005 04:30 ]
Hello Posey, glad to meet ye. I always like to know who is round me...that way I know who to hide behind if they come with a club at me...LOL

Tis always good to know how and why we give ourselves the names we do...like my handles elsewhere can be angelsfire, darkangelsfire, heavensportal...it seems angels take over here, oh and I forgot to say you are welcome for the freebies I have to offer at my website (siggie).

DarkAngel [ 20 Dec 2005 05:05 ]
Can you think of one instance where it never happens? Tell me more about your mother.

Posy [ 20 Dec 2005 05:05 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 6 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next