How we found and came to be at Posetteforever.

Page 6 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

#76  pangor 05 Apr 2006 04:42

Ozy, don't even try finding an exit, there are none.  Like I told Melamkish, we don't say, "Welcome to Posetteforever" for no reason.

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#77  fosterscreations 13 Apr 2006 20:45

Hmmm how did I get here.. I am pretty sure it was during one of my super frustrated moments after purchaseing Poser5 a in March 2005 and quickly finding out it was extremely difficult. Everyone here has been so kind in helping me along my way. I am still a little confused about a few things...
Mesh
morphs
why can't I get certain characters I have downloaded to work(Hannah for example located here http://www.kleopetra.dk/) I load Aiko3 and then try to apply Hannah and she doesn't look like the picture on the site. Her eyes still look like Aiko3. When I go to Expression and try to load Hannah it says "Some information stored in this library doe not pertain to figures of this type" I have double checked and made sure all the files are in the right place.
Finding shoes for all of my characters. I have gotten the Jatex wedding dress to fit a few of my characters but would love shoes to fit the other characters as well as free textures for the dress and a 3d Bridal Bouquet. I have an idea what I want for the bouquet but don't know how to make a 3D object that my bride can hold in her hand.
Those are a few of my woes..

Last edited by fosterscreations on 13 Apr 2006 20:50; edited 1 time in total 
usa.png fosterscreations Gender: Female
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 270
Lemons 243
hearts 0

#78  Posy 13 Apr 2006 20:45

It may take longer than 33 hours.  What is your idea?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#79  melamkish 14 Apr 2006 00:47

We all find nice reasons (and people) that keep us coming back!

I downloaded the file you are having problems with and will take a look.  Incidently this site should be listed in the interesting links forum. Although not any P4 stuff, the Aiko and other items look great.  Nice find.

I'm back.  The error you are receiving is when the face mat is being applied to the A3 LE.  It does not occur with the full release version.  Usually the LE or limited (light) edition of the various characters does not contain the entire geometry (mesh) of the character and does not take the same mats for some areas of the body.  

To get the Hannah face on Aiko you would have to use the "!Aiko 3" character.  I thought this was included in the base character, but has been awhile since I d/l'd it.

Last edited by melamkish on 14 Apr 2006 01:32; edited 1 time in total 
 melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#80  melamkish 14 Apr 2006 01:32

I sometimes have problems getting shoes to fit.  You can always make the toes invisible.

As far as props and textures, there may be some for the dress you are looking for, but which dress?  The stickies in the Interesting Links forum have over 300 links to free items.  Sometimes it takes awhile to find what you are looking for, other times the members may remember where they saw something and save you some time looking.

For meshes and morphs, these would be good topics to start in the 2D/3D Nightmare forum.  Tell us what you are unclear about and help will arrive.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#81  fosterscreations 14 Apr 2006 04:58

Thanks so much. The Jatex Wedding Dress is what I am looking for textures for.
I will check out the stickies in the intersting links section.

I will post my other questions in the 2D/3D Nightmare forum.

See you over there.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 270
Lemons 243
hearts 0

#82  pangor 14 Apr 2006 09:31

It sounds like you are using the free version of Aiko3, called Aiko3 LE.  That version provides a few poses the base geometry and an almost useless character control file.  To make A3 (Aiko3) useful, you need to have her morphs and maps pack.  That "addon" package provides some texture maps and poses, more importantly it provide the real character control file (cr2) for A3 and is also known as A3 complete, this control file contains the builtin morphs needed to make A3 useful, it uses the base geometry provided by the free version, so it is called an addon for the free version.  In reality the free LE version and the morphs and maps addon together is the real A3 package.

A3 is modeled to be a Manga/Anime cartoon character.  However the complete version of A3 has a couple of interesting built fullbody morphs, one is stylized, it will modify her to me even more extremely cartoonish, the other is "realistic" it will give her a more natural less Anime/Manga appearance.

The characters for A3 on the site that you provided the link to all require the full non-free version of A3.  That is detectable by looking at the thumbnails on that site. Each of those characters use various levels of the realistic morph available with the complete A3 model.  The error message "Some information stored in this library doe not pertain to figures of this type" is complaining about those morphs not being available in the version of A3 that you are using.  Or if you do have the maps and morphs pack, you have been using the wrong A3 model, since both the complete A3 and A3 LE will be in your character library once to complete package is installed.

The change in the look of A3's eyes from her default oversized Anime eyes to to the normal looking eyes of Hannah are the result of using the realitic morphs of the complete A3.

pangor 

#83  fosterscreations 14 Apr 2006 14:38

Pangor,
Thanks so much. I have added the morph package to my ever growing wishist at Daz.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 270
Lemons 243
hearts 0

#84  pangor 14 Apr 2006 16:25

You are welcome.

pangor 

#85  Tormie 15 Apr 2006 21:53

... And thi is why we love Posettes   ! the resources are free   !!!

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#86  Posy 15 Apr 2006 21:53

Tell me more.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#87  Tormie 15 Apr 2006 21:54

I love you honey   !

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#88  Posy 15 Apr 2006 21:54

You are such a flatterer.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

Post Re: How we found and came to be at Posetteforever.

#89  Whazizname 08 May 2006 13:55

I found out about PF in a freebie link for the Shelby 427 at Poser Pros.
I am a fan of "Automobiles as works of Art". So I could not resist.

When I looked through the "wheeled sections" of the freebies forum, and saw all the interesting, and useful vehicles; I was very pleased.

After I downloaded some models, I spent some time looking around; and realized that a lot of Artists whose work I liked and respected from other sites were here as well; and I was interested.

I keep coming back because There is a real atmosphere of  "Creative Joy" here. Now I'm hooked.

I became aware of Poser when I bought bryce 5 from DAZ. I bought Poser 5 just before Poser 6 was released. I have rarely worked with the  "pre-Poser 5" people; so I have not yet uploaded a render. {I would never do anything to offend or annoy Posy.}

I certainly will upload renders, and other items I've created at some point.

usa.png Whazizname Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 5290
Lemons 3860
hearts 101

#90  melamkish 08 May 2006 15:13

Hello and welcome.  

We have a very large and diversified membership which brings alot of creative inspiration not to mention a fun and relaxed atmosphere.

Enjoy!

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Look what I just found! guiltypleasures Guiltypleasures' Clubhouse 56 15 Jul 2003 02:16 View latest post
Posy
No new posts Just found this one RedHawk Interesting links 3 18 Feb 2004 04:35 View latest post
TdaC
No new posts MOM! Look what I found ! Tormie Interesting links 7 07 Sep 2004 21:15 View latest post
ahjah
No new posts I found him! guiltypleasures Guiltypleasures' Clubhouse 24 30 Jun 2003 20:27 View latest post
No new posts Look what I found! Guest The Posetteforever diary 6 25 Jun 2005 03:26 View latest post
Tormie

Page 6 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next