Looking For Something

Page 1 of 1

Post Looking For Something

#1  Lickitung 19 Nov 2009 00:10

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but since I'm a Posette Forever newb and I'm looking for something, I decided that "Whip me gently" would apply if I place this in the wrong forum.

Back when I first started playing with Poser 4, I downloaded a freebie scenery prop that was a Grecian Bath.  I think it was named this.  What it was was a large circlular bath, greek style with coloseum style seating around it, pillars at the edges.  in the middle, it had a many layered water prop (or maybe I added that? not sure >.<) that helped the allusion that the water was deep and also provided steam.  I believe it may have been in obj or 3ds format, not sure unfortunately cause it's been over a decade since I've last used it.

I believe I downloaded it from either Renderosity or Renderotica back in '98-'00.

Why don't I have it anymore?
I was at college when I downloaded it and may have loaded it directly to my laptop (which I used for Poser back then) without archiving it to CD like i did with most of my current P4 stuff.  Sadly, my laptop died in the years after and nearly everything on it went with it.  Searching my disks, I can't seem to find it, tho I won't give up.  It was one of the most beautiful scenery props I managed to find back then and obviously a fav of mine.

On another note...
I see that we're fans of freebies for Posette and Dork and such and the site has a 'Project' to unearth old freebies.  I have at least a Gig worth of zipped freebies downloaded from 12 years ago for Poser 3 and 4, most of which I haven't seen available now.  Would anyone feel I'm violating some ethical/legal code if I uploaded stuff no longer available to the archives here to share, so long as I state in advance that none of it is my work?  Some of these are still available, so I wouldn't be doing those, but yeah... some of them aren't and it'd be a terrible waste for them to die in obscurity.

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Looking For Something

#2  Tormie 19 Nov 2009 01:00

Hi Lickitung, I've a huge database of downloaded freebies, I'll search for it but I don't remember it at all ...

About your second question: You've to open the file and read the instructions/readme file, if any. If the author said that the freebie can be shared everywhere, it's ok to upload it here, if nothing is said or if there's written something different, you can't . We had looong discussions about it on the site (you can find them lurking on it...) that also ended up in a couple of fightings and an earthquake . I think that everyone of us has tons of freebies that now are lost and that could be shared on the site, in order to live again. In the past we were able to contact the authors and some of them came here to deposit their files, some of them did it because we're not commercially involved in anything (no one gains in taking the file, not even from advertisings because there aren't any, I pay all the bills ).
Time passes and some of us, me included, have less time to contact the authors or search into the packages, but everyone can do it, so if you find a freebie that can be shared on Posetteforever, you're welcome to upload it, or contact the author and ask for permission. You can even contact me or someone else on the forum in order to know if it's ok or not in case you've any doubts.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

HideWas this topic useful?