PhilC's Clothing Creation Utilities (~$25 Ea)

Article
Post PhilC's Clothing Creation Utilities (~$25 Ea) 

Any experience or opinions on PhilC's clothing creation utilities, sold via Renderosity ?

IIRC, there's 'scissors', shoe maker, jump-suit maker, dress maker, OBJ2CR etc etc, each for ~$25.

PhilC says there ARE ways to do each of these within Poser, just about, but his utilities make them much easier...

As I've bought Poser 10, which lacks Pro's tools, I've some budget for toys and utilities, especially staged over several months.

I will be buying several complete 'monster' characters-- I've lost the alien zoo I had in Poser 4. Also, these are correctly 'boned' characters, rather than clunky props.

Hunting around my old salvage, I've found V3, M3 & Aiko3 from when they were offered as freebies. If Posette and her wardrobe are NOT bundled with P10, and I cannot extract them from my old disks, I've been told I can down-load these from Smith Micro's archive after registration...

But, thoughts on PhilC's stuff ??

Nik [ 07 Jan 2017 15:30 ]

Comments
Post Re: PhilC's Clothing Creation Utilities (~$25 Ea) 

I've never bought anything (..but P7)...

This site is not about buying and selling, but about sharing own creativity ... and Posette      , of course. So we avoid discussion about commercial stuff as far as possible.

About PhilC in general IMHO, he's a real old-timer and should know what's useful for Poser everyday life.

ahjah [ 07 Jan 2017 18:11 ]

I've now gone over-budget by side-grading to Poser Pro 11, as I need the x64 version's 'large memory' to visualise complex scenes.

But, after Easter, I'm hoping to get a PhilC utility each month, along with a scary, alien 'creature feature'.

Hopefully, I'll learn to craft fun SciFi and Medieval-ish / 'SteamPunk' outfits for Posette, then post them to PF's freebie corner.

With luck, I *may* be able to dress some of those alien monsters, too...

Nik [ 08 Jan 2017 03:27 ]

As Ahjah, says can't discuss the pros vs cons.

But I will sneak in that it's all about workflow, and there are scripts/routines/apps out there that compete with those products, and the main credit is despite some issues with the workflow required with those products, that they are still valid, as they work, and are still offered and supported.

There are some good tutorials out there about clothes making and you'll find that for some tasks, you may need assistance with a product that is offered. At this point I would ask you to look at as many tutorials as you can find, to get an idea for the workflow that suits you best, for example grouping may be a pain, and a utility may help you there, and also with UV mapping some help would make a big difference. Good luck!

Chromium [ 08 Jan 2017 16:02 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1