Prop Doesn't Work In P11

Page 1 of 1

Post Prop Doesn't Work In P11

#1  rico 23 Oct 2020 18:59

Hi there!

I would appreciate your opinion please: For what reasons might a prop made for Poser 6 not work in Poser 11 ?

I'm asking because...

... 32-bit Poser 6 has a small problem on 64-bit Windows in that it says it has an 'Out of Memory' problem very quickly, especially if a scene is big or textures are big... then Poser 6 hangs and/or crashes.

I had that problem today, so I decided to make the scene in 64-bit Poser 11 instead.

The environmental prop Worldbase Extreme (at DAZ3D), similar to the Millennium Environment, works fine in Poser 6. It consist of a morphable ground plane and 360 degree background and skydome.

However, when I tried to load it in Poser 11, it doesn't appear in the Preview or in the Render. Strangely, Poser 11 says that the prop is in the scene... but I don't see it

I sincerely appreciate your kind advice !

rico Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Elbow
Elbow

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 1130
Lemons 132
hearts 147

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Prop Doesn't Work In P11

#2  rico 23 Oct 2020 20:06

Partially solved: silly mistake, the prop is bigger than the default Poser 11 'scene/room/ground'... I deleted the default ground in Poser 11 & then KIND OF saw the Worldbase ground in Poser 11's Preview.

However, only the Worldbase ground prop renders in Poser 11... but the 360 degree background (mountains) and the skydome (clouds) do not show up in the Poser 11 Render.

---

In the Poser 6 Render, all 3 aspects (ground, background, skydome) appear fine... but in the Poser 6 Preview I don't see 2 aspects (background and skydome).

Last edited by rico on 23 Oct 2020 20:06; edited 1 time in total 
Frequent User
Frequent User
Elbow
Elbow

Tomatoes 1130
Lemons 132
hearts 147

#3  Nik 23 Oct 2020 23:25

Isn't there something that sets camera's maximum depth of field ??

IIRC, when I did my 'Roamin in Gloamin' render for gallery, the one with Landy-shaped dot amidst the green, I was very, very puzzled by how much 3D landscape was missing from preview...

Perhaps camera, parameters, other, yon ?? Mine defaults to 860 whatevers, with range of 0.00 ~~ 860k...

Thinking laterally, um, longitudinally, its companion 'hither' dial may offer a way to 'see through walls', a notion I must add to my 'round-to-it' list...

uk.png Nik Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

#4  rico 24 Oct 2020 03:36

Thank you kindly! I'll see if it can be a camera setting, much appreciated !

Frequent User
Frequent User
Elbow
Elbow

Tomatoes 1130
Lemons 132
hearts 147

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic