I need some help with Poser 6 Material Room

Article
Post I need some help with Poser 6 Material Room 

How I Can load the same texture in all materials of a figure?

In Poser 4 I only had to choose "apply the texture on the entire figure"!

But I can't find this menu im Poser 6 Material Room!      

JanReinar [ 19 Apr 2005 22:55 ]

Comments
That is the same situation as with Poser 5.   Other than using a MAT pose file, the best way that I have found to load a texture to the entire figure in Poser 5 and 6(?) is:

Apply the texture to one part of the figure.  When the texture is as you want it to be, add it to the materal library.  Then select each of the material groups and apply the texture from the library to each of them one at a time.  If you will be using the texture again in the same way, once you have the texture applied to the whole figure make a MAT pose for it, or save the figure to library.

I did it this way for a prop that I created for the picture that I am now working on.  The prop has 36 material zones each that use the same texture.

If the texure is Poser 4 compatible, apply it with Poser 4 to a compatible figure.  A compatible figure in this case is one that has all the same material names, even if the texture does not work with the figure.  Even a NULL figure can be used.  Then create a MAT pose.  After that you can use that pose to apply it to the figure that you are using in Poser 5.

By the way, I am thinking of writing and uploading to PF Free Stuff, a Python script for Poser to provide that Poser 4  feature for Poser 5.  I hope that the same script will work with Poser 6.  By the way, I also need to learn Python, so this chould be a nice starter project.

Pangor

pangor [ 20 Apr 2005 00:35 ]
Thanks my friend!        

JanReinar [ 20 Apr 2005 01:10 ]
You can right-click, Select All, then right-click again and press 'apply to all..'
This usualy to just put the texture ontop of whatever old textures that are still there though, so it's best used on an 'empty' figure  
If you already got textures on, do as Pangor said

Deviant_Viking [ 20 Apr 2005 18:12 ]
I tried the "right shift click" thing a lot of times before but it doesn't work for me   (Tormie has a well known wooden head )

Tormie [ 20 Apr 2005 18:49 ]
Thanks DV and Tormie! I will try!  

JanReinar [ 20 Apr 2005 19:08 ]
You can right click select all once you load the texture on one part click copy then go to each other part and paste it, as far as the mat file it can be saved in the material library as a collection.

asil [ 14 Jul 2008 09:14 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1