Subject: Skin Shader
I saw this today. It seems very promising.

I'm off to try it out right now.

http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/forum...wMessage=277293

It seems to be created in P6; but I think it will work in P5 also. (I certainly hope so; because that is what I use...)

(:

Profile PM  
Subject:
At this moment See you later Whazizname.

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Skin Shader
C ya Posy.
:)

Profile PM  
lol @ Posy ( :uuh: )

Thank you Whazizname, I'm going to take a look too :)

Subject:
:-) I am glad you find this funny. What time is it?

Profile PM  
it's 20:50 here :heartbeat:

Well, after several experiments, and many re-reads of the thread, I can say that this is best suited for P6 & P7; because the "diffuse node" in P5 does not have a "Normals forword" option.

However... I was able to add some increased warmth to a skin texture using this.

And... The use of the "spot" & "cloud" nodes to assist with displacement & alternate diffuse, is very appealing.

I'm gonna play with it a bit more and then I'll post an example/ comparison.

(:

Profile PM  
Thanks a lot!
But to be honest, I must admit, this looks all very complicated to me beeing a freshman on P6.
Messing around in the mat room is quite too time eating IMHO. I prefere doing my stuff using P4 render with the shader trees deactivated usually. So there's more time left for playing with the dolls :grin: :grin: :wink:

I've the same problem: I studied the material room but I can't keep it memorized so I've to read the tutorials every time :roll: ... You can do good things with those nodes, whatever they are :oops: :oops: :oops:

I do understand...
I think the reason that I don't spend much time in the "setup room", or "cloth room" is because I enjoy the "material room" so much.

{I mean, after posing, lighting, texturing; and then 1hour or more for rendering, I feel I've spent plenty of time on a creation.}

(:

Profile PM  
I'm prepared to share my first findings about this shader.

While it is by no means a scientific experiment; it is a comparison.

I chose to use Judy for this; because I've always liked her default skin image.

I created a zip, including 3 comparison images, 2 versions of the shader in mt5 format, and a text file of my ramblings... I mean findings.
:)

I wanted to attach it here; but it was too big. So; if you're interested in this send a private message to me here, and I'll get a zip to you.

(:

Profile PM  
Send it to my by email, I'll find the way to put it here (I'm going to see if I can raise up your limits for the attachments too, so try it again first)

Whazizname send it to me and here is the file :whistle:

Subject:
I liek milk.

Profile PM  
I like pizza too !

Page 1 of 1