Fog

Fog
Article
Post Re: Fog 

I am trying it now. It doesn't look too bad. I'll let you know.

tda42 [ 31 Aug 2007 13:30 ]

Fog
Comments

Thanks for the tips Whazizname! I am working with them!   

JanReinar [ 02 Sep 2007 03:06 ]

I will try something in the weekend   !

Tormie [ 06 Sep 2007 12:17 ]

I've been thinking of using multiple planes (squares or imported terrains) to simulate the swirling that fog does in reaction to movement through it.
(I haven't started experiementing yet; but the idea is simmering in my brain...)

Whazizname [ 06 Sep 2007 14:04 ]

FRACTAL SUM?

Mmmm...I think another alternative would be 2d textures>clouds

clouds could give more realistic effects....if done as a trans map for a cloth plane/cube which is coloured as the fogs' base colour. Just giving a thought.....afterall the best fogs/clouds are bryce.

hanzoushinrei [ 14 Sep 2007 17:44 ]

hanzoushinrei wrote: [View Post]
FRACTAL SUM?

Mmmm...I think another alternative would be 2d textures>clouds

clouds could give more realistic effects....if done as a trans map for a cloth plane/cube which is coloured as the fogs' base colour. Just giving a thought.....afterall the best fogs/clouds are bryce.

Yes, the clouds node will work for this, as will the FBM node; but for me (and the thread's author...) Fractal Sum gives more pleasing results.

I also agree the bryce clouds & fog are great; I'm one of those creatives that likes to see how much can I get out of one application. (Sidenote: I spent months in the late '90s teaching myself to draw/paint realistic clouds in photoshop 3.0; although I could have simply used bryce 2.)

Whazizname [ 16 Sep 2007 18:56 ]

Yep, for Posette   , is the same thing  

Tormie [ 17 Sep 2007 08:30 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2