Goto page Previous  1, 2

Subject: Re: Fog
I am trying it now. It doesn't look too bad. I'll let you know. :thumb:

Profile PM  
Thanks for the tips Whazizname! I am working with them! :) :thumb:

Profile PM  
I will try something in the weekend :thumb: !

I've been thinking of using multiple planes (squares or imported terrains) to simulate the swirling that fog does in reaction to movement through it.
(I haven't started experiementing yet; but the idea is simmering in my brain...)

(:

Profile PM  
FRACTAL SUM?

Mmmm...I think another alternative would be 2d textures>clouds

clouds could give more realistic effects....if done as a trans map for a cloth plane/cube which is coloured as the fogs' base colour. Just giving a thought.....afterall the best fogs/clouds are bryce.

hanzoushinrei wrote: [View Post]
FRACTAL SUM?

Mmmm...I think another alternative would be 2d textures>clouds

clouds could give more realistic effects....if done as a trans map for a cloth plane/cube which is coloured as the fogs' base colour. Just giving a thought.....afterall the best fogs/clouds are bryce.

Yes, the clouds node will work for this, as will the FBM node; but for me (and the thread's author...) Fractal Sum gives more pleasing results.

I also agree the bryce clouds & fog are great; I'm one of those creatives that likes to see how much can I get out of one application. (Sidenote: I spent months in the late '90s teaching myself to draw/paint realistic clouds in photoshop 3.0; although I could have simply used bryce 2.)

(:

Profile PM  
:grin: Yep, for Posette :heartbeat: , is the same thing :grin:

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2