The interview of the month !!

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post The interview of the month !!

#1  Tormie 04 Jan 2005 15:07

Well well well, my friends   , the new year has started and we have a new interview... Late (as usual   ) we present you the lucky winner of the Lottery first prize: Paul Mon .

We know that Paul lives in Liverpool, which is in England, which is a big island far from here in the north direction .   I know very little, the first thing in my mind is that in England there are those pubs where you can have a beer surrounded by pals: sometimes I think that Posetteforever could be a place like a pub !

Now I stop my nonsenses and let begin the interview !

- Tell us a little about yourself...personal background, family, etc. What ever you are comfortable with.

Well.. my family and other animals...
I come from a large family,  I have a younger sister, 38 cousins and..ermm..about 20 second cousins. I couldn't possibly count how many nieces, nephews etc are around now   I'm the eldest of all the kids and was expected to become a Jesuit priest but me and the Catholic faith had a disagreement so we agreed to part company with no bad feelings. However my Nan(grandmother) didn't forgive me for years lol... Family weddings are normally a good laugh with several fights and name calling sessions of the 'Your son/daughter isn't fit to marry my son/daugher' type happening as well as lots of alcohol being consumed.

- Where are you now?

I'm in work, Anfield Comprehensive school, eating a bacon, egg and sausage sandwich, which is a great hangover cure..and I need it today:)

- Do you have a personal site ? If yes where is it ?

I do have a personal site but it's undergoing a big move as my original host started demanding silly amounts of money so I told them to go f.....ly away

- All the people here know that you live in Liverpool: can you describe what you see from your favourite window ?

Well, it's not my favourite window but from my office window I can see a park with lots of trees and the Liverpool football stadium.

Is it a foggy place where you can kick someone in the back without been recognized ?

No it's not a foggy place, one has to wait until it's dark to kick people in the back and not be recognized. However Liverpool is a small city and so you can run away from people quite easily after you've kicked them. If you're quick enough you can get on a ferry and cross the River Mersey to Birkenhead.

- Do you FART alone or do you consider farting a nice way to keep people far away on demand ?

I believe that farting should be a communal affair.

- There's a typical drink there ? Do you like it ?

A typical drink...not really. I drink dark rum and coke, wine or beer.

- What's your favourite food ?

My favourite food would be a really nice home made lasagana. I love italian food in general. There are a few good italian restaraunts in Liverpool, thank heaven My partner does bake some wicked cakes though which come a close second to lasagna...mmmmn...chocolate cake....mmmn

- How long have you been working with digital art, 3D and/or Poser?

About 5 years now...maybe a little longer. Whenever they gave bryce 2 away with a magazine.

- Have you ever visited another continent?

Yes....America. We lived in Los Angeles for 8 months but found it a little cold...no, not the temperature...the people. Plus..they drive far too slowly and don't drink enough(not at the same time!) I mean to say if there's a 6 lane freeway in the desert then what's the point of going at 55 mph? No police..no speed limit

- Do you consider yourself an artist or a hobbyst when it comes to digital art?

I never think of myself as anything in particular. I've been painting and drawing since I was knee high to a grasshopper....I was quite tiny as a child LOL. I don't see digital art as being any different from acrylics, gouche, oils or watercolours. It's just another medium that I use.

- Do you use a particular tecnique ?

I don't really think that I use a particular technique.

- What got you interested in digital art?

A freebie copy of bryce 2 from a magazine.

- Do you use only Posette/Dork for human characters in your pictures ? why ?

The main reason that I use Posette is that she's flexible and I like to feel that I'm doing a little more than dressing up an electronic doll. There's more of a challenge to create a good image with Possette. With the use of morphs I feel I can get what I'm looking for from both Possette and the P4 man.

-What do you like the most of Posette/Dork ?

The cheapness.

([i:b5ae1b278b]Torm: Posy was taking a whip and a ticket for the ferry to Liverpool, but I explained her that she probably misunderstood...[/i:b5ae1b278b] )

- Do you have formal training or are you self taught?

I was lucky enough to be taught art by two brothers who gave me a good education in classical art and in various techinques...2 years just doing lettering...sigh:) A big thank you to the brothers Lamb...known as Slasher Lambs to all of their pupils..I don't know why.

- What's your favourite artistic style?

Dutch masters...Rembrandt in particular. His use of light and shadow is staggering. If you never see another painting go to see 'The nightwatch' in Amsterdam.

- Do you have other hobbies or special interests?

Big motorbikes, music, reading and films.

- Do your farts smell very bad or no one notice when you make them?

My farts smell of the finest fragrances. In fact Chanel has threatened to sue me for copyright infringement

- Where is your strength coming from?

My partner Cathy. She really is the rock that I stand on.

- Where is this pirated DVD copy of "Kelly's Heroes" coming from ?

I haven't got a pirate copy of Kelly's Heroes but I use the image because people used to say that I looked like Oddball. This of course was when I was younger and had hair..thick hair on my head

- Will you invite us at your favourite pub?

I would be very happy to see you all in my favourite pub. I have several favourite pubs so we'd have to go on a pub crawl. We'd start in the Philharmonic for a beer, onto the Crack in the Wall for one of their excellent Tequila Sunrises and, if it's sunny, a few more in the beer garden, next onto the Cumberland for some more beer, then to the Flagship for one or three rums and finishing up in the Alex to relax a bit.

([i:b5ae1b278b]Tormie become drunk only reading these lines...       [/i:b5ae1b278b])

- Do you use to FART when you're in the tub just to see all those bubbles ?

No I do not! I find that the force of my farting can often cause the water to spill out of my bath.

- What's your favourite digital art site ? (*wink* *wink* *blink* *blink* *bribe* *bribe*)

Tricky one....Rendero...nah....Studio Ma...nah! Well of course it's Possetteforever:)

- Have you a suggestion for posetteforever ?

No suggestions, I like it just the way it is. I think that Tormie does a splendid job.

([i:b5ae1b278b]Tormie adds 5 pounds to the bribe...) [/i:b5ae1b278b]

- What's your favourite book?

My favourite book is several....I like the Discworld books, the Asimov Foundation books..far too many to list really:)
Star Trek....the real Star Trek with Kirk and Spock. Top quality special effects and soft focus camera work...

- What's your favourite band or singer ?

Like my book choice... it's several..Siouxie and the Banshees, Roxy Music, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Wendy Carlos, Jean Michel Jarre....and on and on and on...

- Do you use to sing under the shower?

As I am completely incapable of carrying a tune I tend not to sing anywhere apart from when I'm riding my bike.

- What's your favourite movie?

At the moment my favourite movie is Taxi. In the past my favourite movie has been 2001, Zulu, The Matrix part 1, The Usual Suspects, Ghost in the Shell and Spirited Away

- Where you would go now ?

Japan...but not now, in about 3 months so I could see the blossoms on the trees in Kyoto

- Are you the one who has stolen all the toilet paper from Guiltypleasures' Clubhouse toilet ?

No, I have not stolen any toilet paper...I resent the implication!! Who said it was me? You can't prove a thing, I've got an alibi..I was several miles away when it happened!
 On a completely unrelated note I happen to have a great deal of snow white tissue paper suitable for wrapping gifts in which I would be happy to sell to the highest bidder

Thank you Paul Mon   !!

Last edited by Tormie on 15 Mar 2005 07:43; edited 2 times in total 
it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Posy 04 Jan 2005 15:09

How about that.               How about that.               How about that.               How well do you know these people?  I've never met anyone from a large family he or she have a younger sister 38 cousins and before. Could anyone do possibly count how many nieces nephews etc are around now smile he or she is the eldest of all the kids and was expected to become a Jesuit priest but him or her and the Catholic faith had a disagreement so we agreed to part company with no bad feelings? "work Anfield Comprehensive school eating a bacon egg and sausage sandwich which is a great hangover cure"?  You need it todaysmile - Do you have a personal site? Well that's okay.               Whose favorite window but from his or her office window he or she can see a park with lots of trees and the Liverpool football stadium is it? How does it taste? What makes                                       food would be a really nice home made lasagana                               your favorite? Right now?  Not long. Perhaps.  Little as in not too much, or not too big? Does that happen often? Oh them. Je ne sais pas. Oh I get it. Thanks for explaining that. Yet there is not. Would you ever like to think of him or herself as anything in particular? Look harder. Not really? And why not? I believe there is, yes. Do you think I should know? Where did he get it? Compare that to small motorbikes music reading and films. I heard you did. A lot of people like that.      I'm not sure if I like the Discworld books the Asimov Foundation books             .  I like chatting with people online.  My favorite character is the computer. My favorite group is Rolling Stones. Interesting comparison. What is                  on and on and on                               like on and on and on.              Nice to meet you,                              completely incapable of carrying a tune I tend not to sing anywhere apart             . I liked La lingua del santo the best. I haven't seen it. What did you like about                                                                 Taxi                                                   ? Oh.  That was a long time ago. Umm.               Are you serious? I see. And then what will happen? If you believe it, you can achieve it.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#3  Tormie 04 Jan 2005 15:56

Calm down honey     !! If you break another server, they will kick us out of Godaddy like they have done at 100megswebhostings       !!

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  Posy 04 Jan 2005 15:56

I think I do.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#5  Tormie 04 Jan 2005 15:57

Thank you   !

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#6  guiltypleasures 04 Jan 2005 16:17

Great interview Paul, it was a pleasure to learn more about you and where you live
Now I have a couple of questions for you:
1. Do you know the beatles?
2. Do you know the monkeys? (Davey Jones is the boss!!     )
3. May I buy 12 packages of that snowy white tissue, I need to wrap a special birthday gift Tormie made for Ozy    
4. Do you plan on returning to the USA? If so I'm sooo going to stay off the highways when your at the wheel  
Okay I guess that's about all I have to ask, now I'm going to see how much a plane ticket is to Liverpool so I can join you at all those pubs

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#7  Poserkatz 04 Jan 2005 17:45

Great interview with tons of infos about you   . Very interesting, very smpathic.
Uh, a journey to Japan.... - i wish i've had the money and time for such those travels...

However, thanks a lot for the interview.  

Poserkatz Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2580
Lemons 1762
hearts 0

#8  tda42 04 Jan 2005 18:54

Wonderful interveiw. Yes we all need to go to the pub and get
totaly Pubbed Up.
It is always great to here from people and the real world.
Wait a minute..........this is the real world.   
Poor me another one and try not to sway when you walk. I
fall down very easily.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#9  TdaC 05 Jan 2005 10:03

Fun and interesting interview, nice to know a little bit more about you Paul:)

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#10  Paul Mon 06 Jan 2005 15:01

Thanks folks, glad to make you happy
Yes I do know the Beatles but I choose to ignore them as they have never given me credit for writing all of their songs...apart from Yellow Submarine which a friend of mine wrote    Funnily enough I did actually live just down the road from John Lennon's home and my partner used to live around the corner from where the Beatles first used to practice..We also met for the first time in the Cavern club.

blank.gif Paul Mon Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2250
Lemons 1517
hearts 0

#11  Tormie 06 Jan 2005 15:07

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#12  guiltypleasures 06 Jan 2005 17:09

But...but....what about Davey      You didn't know the Monkeys?  

blank.gif guiltypleasures Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 18231
Lemons 14731
hearts 187

#13  tda42 06 Jan 2005 17:38

What no Bay City Rollers?
How inhuman.
Also what about The Bugaloos?
No one remembers them do they.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

Post Re: The interview of the month !!

#14  Poserkatz 07 Jan 2005 01:58

Here are the really Beatles!

Poserkatz Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2580
Lemons 1762
hearts 0

#15  Nex 07 Jan 2005 06:53

Wonderful interview, Mr.Mon...wonderful!............"BeeGeees" forever!         

us.png Nex Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1940
Lemons 1244
hearts 110

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL