Looking For The Following Things For Both Dork And Posette

Page 1 of 1

Post Looking For The Following Things For Both Dork And Posette

#1  Katze7 01 Sep 2008 18:58

the follwing:

Dork:
Military vest (utility as well as a kevlar one)
Knight armor
chainmail
combat boots
open jacket (similar to that of a Gakuran school uniform)

P4Male and female
medivel type tunic and pants

Posette"
medevial type dress (like a bar wench, etc)

blank.gif Katze7 Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 60
Lemons 68
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Looking For The Following Things For Both Dork And Poset

#2  posfan 01 Sep 2008 19:50

I highly recommend to get the CrossDresser Licenses for both. This way you can convert other figures clothes. Another option is getting a Poserworld subscription to download their content for both of them. They may have what you are looking for.

Free clothes are hard to find for them anymore, unfortunatly they are too old (for the content providers)

Last edited by posfan on 02 Sep 2008 11:32; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif posfan Gender: Female
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

Post Tricky...

#3  Nik 01 Sep 2008 22:42

Hi, Katze7 !

Sadly, a lot of P4F/P4M freebies have vanished. Sites expire, servers crash, ISPs vanish, owners replace P4 classics with 'modern' figures. When I returned to Poser in 2007, I was fortunate to have my eclectic down-load archive from 2003 plus a broadband link and the patience to search thousands of Google hits...

However, there are still good sites with P4 freebies. (F=Free, RF=register free). PosetteForever (RF) has wonderful stuff. The vast Renderosity (RF) archive has some P4F/M, although many old links have died. Animotions (RF) has many classic 'Heroic' garments. Ghastley (F) http://209.92.41.204/Poser/ has several 'period' items that may be useful etc etc...

Um, have you any experience of using a 'painting' program to create a custom texture and/or transparency map ? That trick plus a little lateral thinking can convert a plain robe or dress into something more interesting. You can even copy/paste/tile eg mail texture from other figures' freebies. ( Remember to credit source !!) Unfortunately, I'm no Artist...

Before you consider trying Wardrobe Wizard or Cross Dresser, look through my WW vs CD mega-thread: If the outfit is free, conforming, can be converted with CD2.7 and worn in P_4 by an un-morphed Posette, I've probably featured it. And, my mutterings should give you a feel for the 'learning curve'.

Too many clothes 'break' when converted with CD2.7. Some, like Sione's free "Halloween Dress for A3", which looks 'tavern-wenchy' and even has a 3rdparty 'wench' texture, break when original is bent much beyond 'zero' pose. Says so in 'ReadMe'...

CD3 added new tools, a LOT of garments are now 'dynamic', perhaps a CD3 / P5+ user can comment.

There is also a geometry problem with P4F & P4M-- They have different hip-line slopes. Shirts, pants, kilts, armor/armour etc do NOT convert well between them with CD2.7. Oh, and leave 'genitals' option ON lest converted garment have a big gap below hip...

Um, I don't want to admit it but, if your time is limited, you should consider *buying* costumes and figures. Allow a few weeks for freebie hunting then groan and reach for the plastic / PayPal...

uk.png Nik Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Re: Looking For The Following Things For Both Dork And Posette

#4  Katze7 01 Sep 2008 23:01

well, the one main problem I have is that Im low on funds, namely for schoooling, gas food, etc. Where do I get the converter licenses?

blank.gif Katze7 Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 60
Lemons 68
hearts 0

Post Re: Looking For The Following Things For Both Dork And Posette

#5  maovin 02 Sep 2008 18:04

Katze7
There's still some nice free stuff out there, you just have to search.
and you could always play around with what your Poser has to offer. Like Nik was saying custom tx's and transmaps are the bee's knees man!
keep on posen!

maovin Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 710
Lemons 310
hearts 5

Post Re: Looking For The Following Things For Both Dork And Poset

#6  hanzoushinrei 05 Sep 2008 06:16

Wow, is that some wicked use of transmap? wickid........

blank.gif hanzoushinrei Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 650
Lemons 741
hearts 5

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL