New Project

New Project
Article
Post New Project 

I actually used a Poser male character!  It is a first for me.  I built this entire suit of armor and turned the P4 male character into the Transformer Pretender Classics Grimlock!  I haven't quite finished it yet and it's still very rough.  Once I get it completely built, I can then go back and start tweaking it over a long period of time until it looks right.

P4luvr [ 09 Dec 2011 04:17 ]

New Project
Comments
Post Re: New Project 

ahjah [ 09 Dec 2011 13:03 ]

That is cool!        

tda42 [ 09 Dec 2011 13:51 ]

This is seriously cool !!!            !!! I really really like it

Tormie [ 09 Dec 2011 14:32 ]

Wow, great work, the proportions are good, and he looks the part.

The Poser male characters are pretty well done. I like P6 James best, but he does not have much, although the old P3 Dork,is growing on me (hey I only just moved up from P2 Default Guy), I never got into the P1 Zombie male/female.

Would like to see more of him (side, and back views please - but that's just me).

Chromium [ 09 Dec 2011 17:40 ]

Thanks for the comments, everyone.  I didn't post any side or back views because the back isn't done yet!  Hopefully, I will have enough of the back done in a few days to post some other views.

P4luvr [ 10 Dec 2011 03:41 ]

...but what if he has to pee?

GrouchoCaesar [ 12 Dec 2011 01:38 ]

He doesn't.  He's a Pretender.  Although I'm not sure if they are cyborgs or entirely artificial.  We need a Transformer expert on here.

P4luvr [ 12 Dec 2011 03:58 ]

P4luvr wrote: [View Post]
He doesn't.  He's a Pretender.  Although I'm not sure if they are cyborgs or entirely artificial.  We need a Transformer expert on here.

You called? :p

And if I remember it well, Pretenders are like the Terminator, the organic part is skin-deep... what led to some embarrasing situations in the old Transformers comic

Last edited by A_C_C on 12 Dec 2011 10:33; edited 1 time in total 
 A_C_C [ 12 Dec 2011 10:33 ]

Yah, as in hydraulic leaks.  

tda42 [ 12 Dec 2011 13:56 ]

So, they're like Terminator.  That's interesting!  Thanks for the info A_C_C.  Here's another view rendered in Blender with ambient occlusion.  I didn't make as much progress as I wanted to this weekend--too many Christmas parties.

P4luvr [ 13 Dec 2011 03:50 ]

Here you can see the solution. He's got a build in camping toilet  
Looks very good so far

ahjah [ 13 Dec 2011 11:44 ]

Thanks for the view.

That's some good work with the suit.

Chromium [ 13 Dec 2011 23:17 ]

Tormie [ 14 Dec 2011 00:18 ]

P4luvr wrote: [View Post]
So, they're like Terminator.  That's interesting!  Thanks for the info A_C_C.  Here's another view rendered in Blender with ambient occlusion.  I didn't make as much progress as I wanted to this weekend--too many Christmas parties.

It looks well. Now, don't stretch the Terminator analogy too far. I mostly know the Pretenders from some old Marvel comics, and their apparitions in one of the Japanese Transformers cartoon series (Masterforce). In MArvel they were like I have said, like the organic covering in Terminator, and shrinking devices to fit inside, tehy removed the armors and looked like normal humans. In the JApanese cartoon, it was handled more like the Power Rangers (or Super Sentai, if you prefer the original version) transform, with the added thing taht the Pretenders in Japanese continuity are all Headmasters (meaning that once that they are in robot mode, they are still human size, and transform into the head of the Transformer).

A_C_C [ 14 Dec 2011 11:33 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next