Article
Post Re: Winged Folk 

!  

Tormie [ 20 Apr 2008 23:48 ]

Winged Folk
Comments

http://www.varian.net/dreamview/dreamtools/Poser/

Has an illustrated list of Poser wing-types up to a couple of years ago...

Nik [ 21 Apr 2008 12:53 ]

Thanks for the link Nik; I hadn't seen that in a while.

As I stated earlier, I've been distracted from the "Winged Folk" series by various things lately...; I still need to postwork a couple of images, and I still have at least two "Mechanical fairies" in mind to create. (on that note: I did locate in my runtimes a set of wings that should work well for that type of character.)

Here is the latest "publishable" winged folk image; it started as a comparison of a few freebie original characters that do not get much support. At first there were four figures; but I just couldn't get "Thai Baby" to "feel correct" in the image. (The bush behind the character on the right, is really a prop created in Ivy Generator based on her; so in a way she is still there.    )

The characters from left to right are: "Dark Anvil Heroine" (Princess), wearing Kozaburo's "Ponytail" hair, & "Alluring Wings" by Maria;
"Melva" from Dolphling & Yanelis3D, wearing Kozaburo's "Short Hair", & "Angel wings" by Virus & Erlik;
and the recently released "K" from Kirwyn, wearing "Yanet hair" by Yanelis3D, & "Mosquito wings" (I couldn't find the readme in my runtimes; so I can't credit the creator.   )

I imagined that since they are "orphaned" characters that they should each be unique; and perhaps meet from time to time deep in the magical woods, to comfort each other. In this image they have made a surprising discovery.  

The image also contains several of Brainstew's "Grass Props", and one of Traveler's "Dead Grass" props. (My favorite grasses!)

Posing, lighting, & texture manipulations are by me. {I had a bit of trouble getting the lighting to be what I wanted; so I eventually had to create two renders, each with different lighting, and combine them in photoshop. Somewhere in this process, I lost control over the alpha channel, and so the background image is not composited as well as I would've like it to be. I would have re-rendered the images, and started over; but that is when the distractions began.)

Whazizname [ 25 Apr 2008 11:49 ]

This one is amazing!                        

JanReinar [ 25 Apr 2008 18:19 ]

Tormie [ 28 Apr 2008 19:36 ]

TdaC [ 28 Apr 2008 20:28 ]

Thanks much for the kind comments friends!

I'm almost finished with the "distractions"; so I should be able to post the remainder of this series within the next few days.

Whazizname [ 29 Apr 2008 19:13 ]

Now that I'm finished with the distractions, I need to reactivate my "Fairy Muse".    
It seems that since my daughters haven't been working Poser lately, that I've lost interest in "Winged Folk".  
{I'll have a long, tough conversation with myself tommorrow, to see if I can at least get the ones that I started, complete enough to post to this series thread.}

Whazizname [ 04 May 2008 14:15 ]

Sometimes I talk to myself too, but it's hard to understand ...

Tormie [ 05 May 2008 22:52 ]

I talk to cats...

Nik [ 06 May 2008 00:12 ]

I had the talk with myself; but clearly, I did not listen, since I still have not made anymore progress with the "Winged Women" images.

Honestly though, Monday I was invited to go help my Mother & Grandmother do some shopping. (They wanted to get digtal TV converter boxes, and correctly assumed that my experience & expertise with electronics would be useful.) I did not know at the start that this shopping trip would also include several stops completely unrelated to the converter boxes, and involve 4 hours of "mall-crawling".  

The next days, I was quite busy testing a couple of items for 3DCommune; but I finished them yesterday, and instead of opening the "Winged Women" images, I created a "Cars & Cuties" image using recently aquired freebies.   {If you'd like, you can see it in the 3DC Poser gallery...} Since the "Cars & Cuties" image didn't take too long to do, I then created a "Pin-Up" featuring Victoria2 (again inspired by recently added freebies...), while making PeanutButter Cookies for the daughters.  

That brings us to today...; I went to "The Halls Of Olympus" to apologize for a stupid question that I asked, and post a couple of older images that I'd created using some of Zeus' freebies; and I still haven't opened a pz3 containing an incomplete "Winged Woman" image. {Ah well, the day (here) is still young...    

Whazizname [ 09 May 2008 14:42 ]
Post That's Life... 

Cheer up, I've yet to assemble the three book-shelves that I bought a month ago...

By the time RealLife (TM) is done for the day, with routine stuff resolved, disasters mitigated, meals zapped and a nap snatched, I don't have the heart to disturb the house with the unprintable sounds of flat-pack assembly...

Doesn't help that every time I find time, the cordless drivers have been unplugged too long and gone flat...

Better to chill on-line for a while, run the washing, let cats in/out/in/out, congratulate big tabby 'GingerBits' on his latest catch, then close for night. GB's record is three big rats in an hour. Fortunately, he always carries or leopard-drags his prey onto the garage roof, leaves it as bait for sea-gulls...

Nik [ 09 May 2008 22:32 ]

I slept all the day on the sofa   ...

Tormie [ 10 May 2008 10:36 ]

It is good to see this thread, after so much time has past!

I am glad that I posted some of these images here; because I can't find them in my 'post crash' hard drives...  

Since I last posted to this thread, I have created a couple of images featuring "Winged Women"...; so I will certainly post them here too. (... soon...; no really... soon...    )

Thanks  again for all the kind words!!!  

Whazizname [ 16 Oct 2010 14:28 ]

See...? I said "soon"...  

Here are my newest "Winged Women"...:

Whazizname [ 16 Oct 2010 16:48 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next