Full-length Animation Movie "Lost Planet"

Page 1 of 11
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Go to page   

Post Full-length Animation Movie "Lost Planet"

#1  Poser - User 21 Jun 2009 15:12

Hi ! I shall create the animations in bryce and Poser more than 10 years.
In practice, always more simply combine the animation layers in After Effects, than import the 3D personages from Poser to bryce.

For example possible to see episode from my animation movie, where all personages are created on base Dork. This is my second animation Movie.
Movie is created in russian language, but possible activate english subtitles (last button on the right).

This Episode is extracted from the full-length animation movie "Lost Planet". The Episode was titled as "Visit from Abyss", and it tells the story about a tough situation which was happened with pilots of The Forces of Extreme Reaction, when suddenly arisen threat has appeared to the orbital space station. A giant asteroid suddenly appeared from the abyss of the deep space. Making of this episode took three and half months of my work.

Today Movie "Lost Planet" has length 75 minutes. The Movie will is completely finished in one year.

Frames from Movie "Lost Planet" possible to look  here
site in russian language

The Updated version "Visit from abyss" is found here.

Last edited by Poser - User on 28 Feb 2010 10:16; edited 1 time in total 
ru.png Poser - User Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1010
Lemons 456
hearts 161

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Full-length Animation Movie "Lost Planet"

#2  leahman 21 Jun 2009 17:36

~Wonderful ! !

'''''''''   I hope—
our New Friend -will become a regular
at Posette-forever.....

-and show us more !

blank.gif leahman Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 22317
Lemons 663
hearts 3697

#3  Tormie 21 Jun 2009 21:11

Yep, a truely nice masterpiece   !!      

Poser-user is a regular here    and he uses Dorks & Posettes   . I think his only problem is the english language (like me )

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  Endosphere 24 Jun 2009 04:24

I just watched the movie-short and wanted to say congratulations!  You are very talented.  The project was nicely done, and had no noticeable failures or weaknesses that were instant turn-offs.  If this clip is reflective of the whole project, I would say it is a very good effort for anyone working alone, and doubly so if you're a hobbyist like the rest of us here (not sure if you do this for a career).

I know very little about making animations with Poser and know even less about the other programs you're using on this, so I don't think I can say much about the technical aspects of the project except that it looks pretty good.  The models are well posed, well animated, and well dressed/fitted with props.  The characters moved naturally within the limits of Poser technology, the lip-synching seemed on target, and there were no mesh-breaking positions.  The spaceships, planets, asteroid, etc were also nicely done.  All the models also had good textures, appropriate for the resolution used.  The only minor technical problem that bothered me while watching the clip is the guy in the black shirt who hasn't shaved in a few days.  If these were still images I think he would be rated as the most 'realistic' looking, yet in the film his animation is less realistic than the others because his eyes are constantly open very wide, and he doesn't seem to ever blink.  He also seems to move very randomly, compared to the other people who seem purposeful in what they are doing.  These factors combine to make him stand out as particularly CG-ish compared to everyone else.  You might also want to change the color/highlight settings for your Poser-peoples' fingernails, but that's just me nit-picking.   

Compared to the technical side of this project, I do know quite a bit about films as media having studied them closely all my adult life.  I can confidently say that you have a good grasp of what is needed here, and are effective in executing it.  All the main film-technical things are in order: lighting, set design and color, camera angles, shot framing, sound and sound-synching (bonus points on this ), use of music/soundtrack, cutscene usage and timing, etc.  Nice job on all these things.  I wasn't able to have the subtitles on (I'm on dial-up and can't directly watch stuff from YouTube) and don't speak Russian, but this didn't matter and I was able to clearly understand who was who and what was going on.  This means that your clip is successful in the artistic sense of being a movie, which is the visual telling of a story or exploration of an idea.  I really was very impressed with your results in this area.  The pacing was very good, held my attention the full time, and the story and characters seemed interesting.

Keep up the great work, this looks like it will be an amazing product when you are finished.

P.S.   There's no need to be too self-conscious about your English as I can understand you just fine, but if you're going to be discussing this project with English speakers it would be better to describe the pilots as the 'Rapid Reaction Force' or 'Frontline Defense Forces,' instead of 'Forces of Extreme Reaction' which has political overtones and makes them sound like some bomb-throwing people who want to overthrow the government.

blank.gif Endosphere Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 490
Lemons 202
hearts 15

#5  Poser - User 24 Jun 2009 18:00

Thank you for high estimation my creative activity! My basic job is not connected with Computer Graphics. I do my film after job for its pleasure. This not commercial project, so having finished its film I shall show film for all. I it is necessary to create else 12-15 minutes of the film. The most complex work, this do the correct translation. For instance, this text was translated by means of program Socrat. I know much english words, but me it is difficult to understand the general sense.

Now, on work on film.
I shall create the separate animation footages, but then combine them in Adobe After Effects. The Method is shown on Picture.

This method allows vastly to reduce Render time. Here, there is some difficulties, but as a whole, method works successfully.

For synchronizing colloquial speech for lip motions, I use the manual method for each frame. The Mimic Program (by Daz3D) not correct works with russian phonemic.

All motions in this episode were made on key frames manually. Only one moving the gait was created on technologies of the motion capture (BVH file).

All personages talk my voice, changed in program Sound Forge.

For film were used old versions of the programs:
- Curious Labs - Poser 4 Pro (2001);
- Corel - bryce 5 (2001);
- Corel - Photo Paint 8 (1998);
- Adobe - After Effects 5.5 (2001);
- Adobe - Premiere 4.2 (1996);
- Wondertouch - Particle illusion 3 (2003);
- Sonic Foundry - Sound Forge 5 (2001).

I hope that you have understood my english.

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1010
Lemons 456
hearts 161

#6  Tormie 25 Jun 2009 00:18

Thank you for the explanation Poser-User       ! Can someone help him with the subtitles ( ) ?

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#7  Endosphere 25 Jun 2009 09:40

That's a lot of work, but the results are worth it.

One question is, if you model and render the characters separately from the set/background, how do you keep track of whether the actors will be in the right positions when combined with the set, as opposed to not having their hands near controls they are using, putting their hand through a wall, etc?  I can see how (beyond its primary purpose of layering foreground/background elements) the masking could be used to avoid gross errors like a person walking through a wall with their entire body, but beyond that it seems like it would be impossible to 'eyeball' their position correctly.  Or do you keep a duplicate of the whole set in Poser and just make it invisible at render time?

Also it's been many years since I used bryce so maybe this is trivial/easy, but how do you match the lighting and camera angles between the Poser scene and the bryce scene?  I did notice when watching the clip that there were hardly any shadows anywhere.

Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 490
Lemons 202
hearts 15

#8  Poser - User 25 Jun 2009 17:21

It is minute video file, where is shown sequence of the creation layers, which unite in ready scene.

Link

This file is made long ago. Instead of blue background better to use the black background.

Before making scene in Poser it is necessary picture or video from bryce to place on Poser background. Now, possible create motion in Poser. But before main Poser Render, it is necessary to delete the background. Rendering it is necessary to produce without compression video (Full frames not compressed). Only in this case, in avi file have saved with alpha-mask.

When loading got video in After Effects, back background automatically becomes transparent. After Effects such as photoshop, but only for animation sequences. In After Effects possible to add the shadow filter for any layer. The layer images possible to aligning on brightness, contrast and color balance. AE program can create very complex video compositions.

In film "Lost Planet" are used 17 personages. 14 actors have personal voice.

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1010
Lemons 456
hearts 161

#9  Poser - User 26 Jun 2009 14:34

Endosphere

P.S. There's no need to be too self-conscious about your English as I can understand you just fine, but if you're going to be discussing this project with English speakers it would be better to describe the pilots as the 'Rapid Reaction Force' or 'Frontline Defense Forces,' instead of 'Forces of Extreme Reaction' which has political overtones and makes them sound like some bomb-throwing people who want to overthrow the government.

If I shall name the "The Forces of Extreme Protection" or "The Forces of Extreme Defence", that this will be more correct ? What variant of the words better, the first or the second ? I like the first variant.

Last edited by Poser - User on 28 Jun 2009 10:27; edited 1 time in total 
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1010
Lemons 456
hearts 161

#10  JanReinar 30 Jun 2009 11:12

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#11  Endosphere 04 Jul 2009 02:26

Poser - User wrote: [View Post]

If I shall name the "The Forces of Extreme Protection" or "The Forces of Extreme Defence", that this will be more correct ? What variant of the words better, the first or the second ? I like the first variant.

Of the two, I would go with Forces of Extreme Defence.  The main issue is that 'Forces of...' is an odd construction grammatically; in conversational english people would normally say '[adjective] Force', like 'Defence Force' or 'Reaction Force' rather than 'Force of Defense.'  It's not a big deal and I'm no grammar professor or anything , but the way you've constructed the phrase seems unnatural to say or write in english, even though technically it is acceptable usage that is used for exagerrated dramatic emphasis ('We shall defeat Darth Vader and his forces of evil, or let no one come back alive!').  I wouldn't get too hung up on it, it's just that your original phrase 'Forces of Extreme Reaction' made me chuckle which I'm sure wasn't your intention when you came up with the translation.  On the other hand I wouldn't spend any time thinking about it at all if it gets in the way of your artwork, which speaks a universal language.

Thanks for the diagrams and insight into your working process.  I'll be excited to watch the whole movie when it's done.

Last edited by Endosphere on 04 Jul 2009 02:31; edited 2 times in total 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 490
Lemons 202
hearts 15

#12  tda42 04 Jul 2009 13:13

That is very good. Can you through some sub titles in there for us Americans.
The blue screen to me is complicated to deal with but I am sure it would help on the lag time of the PC. What PC are you working with? Using bryce huh? I can see with bryce why it took you a year. bryce makes great renders but is so slow on animation that I gave up on it for that reason. Did you do the music and sound effects? Very nice. Love the movie.      

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#13  Poser - User 04 Jul 2009 14:58

I work with speed of 10-12 minutes of animation per year. It Remains to do else 15 minutes of the film. So, I plan to finish its film by the end of 2010. But, I read that in YouTube it is impossible upload video longer, than 10 minutes. I don't want to cut my film in 9 parts. I it is necessary to find other decision. Size of the Movie file (Lost_Planet.flv) will approximately be 150 MB.

Last edited by Poser - User on 06 Jul 2009 19:14; edited 1 time in total 
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1010
Lemons 456
hearts 161

#14  Poser - User 22 Feb 2010 05:49

My work moves to completion of the project "Lost Planet". It is made more than 82 minutes of film. Small teaser trailer from fragments of whole film in russian language.

Link

Link

I have added english subtitles (last button on the right on Player).
I hope that translation is executed correct.

Last edited by Poser - User on 23 Feb 2010 16:47; edited 7 times in total 
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1010
Lemons 456
hearts 161

#15  ahjah 22 Feb 2010 11:07