What irritates you alot?

What irritates you alot?
Article
Well Pangor it sounds you had one bad teacher there. (putting it mildly, I don't want to get a warning).

Hmmmmm, irritating things??????????? I think my list would have to include the reality tv, their pointless, irrelevent and iirritating. Also I would have to point out all soap dramas. I think that television programmes have gone down hill a lot lately.

Taz

tazman [ 21 Aug 2005 22:59 ]

What irritates you alot?
Comments
Well, Big Brother Australia 2005 just finished.... and now Australian Idol has started  

Because of other members of the household (who shall remain nameless   ) watch it, I have to listen to idiots who can't sing torture a few songs and then get all worked up and indignant when one of the judges tells them they can't sing!

A word to the wise for Idol contestants around the World: "Just because your mum/dad/best-friend/sister/brother/dog/cat/etc tells you you sing like the angels themselves doesn't mean it's true. Deal with it!"

Hmmmmm, enough now.

Ozymandias Jones [ 22 Aug 2005 00:27 ]
Quality of television programming is one thing that does irritate me too.  When I think of all the great programs that were once on the air that can be used as patterns for today's producers, writers, actors etc to aspire to, all we get are second rate programming called "hits" and those horible reality programs.

Pangor

pangor [ 22 Aug 2005 01:00 ]
I also don't like badly dubbed Hercules movies.  The musclemen should be able to grunt in their native languages . . .

Gojira [ 23 Aug 2005 16:30 ]

Years ago an Australia movie was made called 'Hercules Returns'. It was about a movie theatre on the verge of going broke and they spend all their money on hiring the greatest latest blockbuster film, but they get shafted and end up with an old Hercules movie instead. So the theatre workers dub over the sound track and make it increadibly funny!

The film was made by a bunch of Aussie stand-up comedians and I laughed myself silly.

Best dubed Hercules film ever.

Ozymandias Jones [ 25 Aug 2005 00:57 ]
It sounds like a riot!

Gojira [ 27 Aug 2005 21:47 ]
Making the color in black and white films.  Someone spoke once of putting the color in La Belle et la bàªte.  That would be a tragedy

Anouk [ 29 Aug 2005 11:52 ]
It would be worse than a tragedy to do that to Cocteau's beautiful film - it would be a catastrophic blasphemy . . .

Gojira [ 29 Aug 2005 14:18 ]
I have a couple of tapes of films that were colorized.  When I bought those tapes, we had a black and white television, so it was not an issue for us.  Then when we got a color television, I found that I did like how those tapes looked.   When I play them, I turn the color off on my television.  

I don't know if it was ever done, I read of a plan by someone to colorize metropolis!  Can you image a silent film of its importance colorized?   I hope they didn't really do it.

Pangor

pangor [ 29 Aug 2005 15:53 ]
Colorizing Metropolis is almost as bad as colorizing The Beauty and the Beast!  That said, the DVD version of Lon Chaney's The Phantom of the Opera has the color tones of the original presentation digitally remastered.  It's really quite remarkable . . .

Gojira [ 29 Aug 2005 19:02 ]
Yes, like the Wizard of OZ.  The original movie was color, while in the land of OZ, it was very vivid almost too overstaturated; while in Kansas it was sepiatoned.  Over the years that was lost, many versions were only black and white.  Other had faded colors and the sepia tone was replaced with regular black and white.  There was a restoration effort the produced a copy with the original look.  It is nice.

The reminds me of "Lost Horizon" the version staring Ronald Coleman.  Over the years because of wear, breakage, and censorship, so much of that film was lost.  A restoration project was able to recover all but a a few minutes of the audio and considerbly less of the the video.  They use still images of the person speaking during the segement were the audio was recovered but not the visual part.

Lawrence of Arabia was also almost lost.

Pangor

pangor [ 29 Aug 2005 19:56 ]
I love the old films of the black and white.  They seem to make the audience see the drama the much differently

Anouk [ 30 Aug 2005 16:01 ]
You love the old films of the black and white. What do you like about  the old films of the black and white   so much?

Posy [ 30 Aug 2005 16:02 ]
I like the light and the contrast as much

Anouk [ 30 Aug 2005 16:02 ]
I quite agree, Anouk.  There was a certain purity about the older films when they were shot in black and white.  Cheers

Christopher Lee [ 31 Aug 2005 11:22 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next