About google

About google
Article
Post About google 

Some times ago I bought some adsense/adwords advertising in order to gain some new users, it's a pay per click service by google, basically on other sites who host a adsense banner by google our link appeared some times (I paid for it but obviously we don't have banners on PF... ). The banner said something like:

Posetteforever
Free resources for Poser and Posette
http://posetteforever.com

The clicks were not so many (and I can't pay too much, it was only a test) so probably they tought not to gain enough and unapproved the banner. But not only, they changed it in

3d art for fun
Free resources for Poser and Posette
http://posetteforever.com

because probably "3d art for fun" is more appealing and would attire more clicks. So I erased my campaign and wrote them a flaming message.

The result ? We have completely disappeared from google search... if you even search for "posetteforever" you'll find a very old cache of more than a year ago...

I'm going to remove all reference to google here and ban their crawler from the site...

Tormie [ 16 Dec 2005 21:45 ]

About google
Comments
Wow, they are touchy!  I just tried some vanity searches for some of our usernames at Goolge.  Posetteforever is still returned but much lower on page than before.

Pangor

pangor [ 17 Dec 2005 01:48 ]

We're still #1 on other search engines like msn and yahoo... I closed the doors to the google crawler      

Tormie [ 17 Dec 2005 05:51 ]
Yes, I noticed that only Google has reduced our standing on their index.

Pangor

pangor [ 17 Dec 2005 06:48 ]
I have been watching our position on Google, since they dropped us way down PF has been climbing again.

Posette: was #231, is now #2
Posy Poser: was so far down that I didn't continue looking, is now #15
JanReinar: Posetteforever not listed, is now #1
The Mighty Zues was off the front page, is now #7
Posetteforever: fell to less than a dozen references, now there are "about 7900"

Google images, all references to PF were gone, now we are back.

Google's personnel may have been not nice in their actions, but their software and the open indexes that they incorporate into their engines are undoing their damage.

Pangor

pangor [ 18 Dec 2005 19:10 ]
Ok, Tormie will open the doors to google's bot again...

Tormie [ 18 Dec 2005 20:56 ]
  From over there, people bad but bots good.  

Pangor

pangor [ 18 Dec 2005 21:29 ]
mmh... Actually posetteforever has been wiped out again, so I have closed the doors again to their crawlers   ... We're no more listed on google but we're in first positions on all other search engines ...

Last edited by Tormie on 03 Jan 2006 14:11; edited 1 time in total 
 Tormie [ 02 Jan 2006 22:13 ]
Watching this thread with interest as gooooogle is becoming my least favorite search engine.  A search for Posette on some of my other often used search engines:

All the Web  #1
AltaVista   #1
WiseNut  #1  
Web Crawler  #2  

melamkish [ 03 Jan 2006 03:03 ]
Wow, they really are vindictive!

pangor [ 03 Jan 2006 07:36 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1