Subject: Making Low-poly Hair For Varga
Hi, this tutorial may not be so relevant to 'recent' Poser versions with the magic hair, but it shows how to do amazing things with modest geometry...

http://www.paultosca.com/

Scroll down to 'May 15' and the entry for his tutorial on low-poly hair.

Bad news it is one HUGE page, and very image intensive. Lots and lots of detailed piccies.

Basically, um, remember those 'snowflake' ornaments (and puzzles) that came flat-packed and slotted together criss-cross ??

Yup, he imitates complex hair using a lumpy spheroid base plus multiple intersecting planes, texture and transparency maps on a remarkably low 'geometry' budget. Okay, it does not lend itself to 'dynamic', but nor does hairspray...

For the budding 3DArtists in our community, there's a related Dec 10 tut, 'Making of Varga : normal mapping'. Read and be very afraid...

Profile PM  
Subject:
What makes news it is one HUGE page and very image intensive bad? Yeah okay, What does lend itself to 'dynamic' but nor does hairspray ? Sorry I don't have access to that document.

Profile PM  
Subject: I'm Not Surprised !!
"Sorry I don't have access to that document. "

I'm not surprised, Posy !

Tut Page took five minutes to load, and I'm on Broadband !!!

Profile PM  
Subject:
I am sorry to hear that you are not surprised you.

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Making Low-poly Hair For Varga
Thank you for the useful link Nik :thumb: :wink:

Yes. Thank you. I have never seen that link before or tutorial. Good learning. :clap: :thumb: :D

Profile PM  
Hi,

Thank you for that link - once more i wish i was more talented in modelling... ](*,)

but now i've got one more reason to try to learn it finally!

Profile PM  
Moved to "the little sculptor" :)

Page 1 of 1