Poser 7 And Morph Manager

Page 1 of 1

Post Poser 7 And Morph Manager

#1  Lickitung 02 Dec 2009 21:28

Ok, so I have Poser 7 now, but now I have a new dilema...

Formerly, with P4, I could simply save a character as a CR2 or in the scene format of a PZ3 and just use Morph Manager to shuffle morphs around to my heart's content.  Not so with P7...

P7 makes a PMD alongside the PZ3 and even the CR2 that seems to contain all the morph info and even the materials it seems (?)

My dilema is this: the PMD makes it so I can't do any shuffling of morphs with morph manager!  I can't export working morphs off a CR2 or PZ3 and if I add new morphs to one by using the manager, the PMD rejects the PZ3 (or vice versa) making it useless.  What's worse is that taking it into P7 and saving a PZ3 makes it useless for going back to P4.

Anyone find a work around?  I hates readme's so I don't wanna search endless walls of text (Forgive my laziness   ) and if there's an option to click, I seem to be missing it  

Help!

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Poser 7 And Morph Manager

#2  posfan 02 Dec 2009 21:49

There's an option to turn off PMD files and it should be checked cause otherwise V4 makes trouble in saved scenes (as in the scene wouldn't open, at least in P6 - need to install 7 and 8 in the future)

Under Edit - general settings - misc turn off "use external binary morph targets"

Quick and easy!!

blank.gif posfan Gender: Female
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

#3  ahjah 02 Dec 2009 22:22

Hi Lickitung
I had the same problem. You can solve it by unchecking the option "save binary morph files" in the main options, and you'll get your good, old fashioned, full featured, plain tex, easy editable cr2 and pz3 files back
Morph manager BTW is in my opinion a platinum app, I couldn't live without it. It makes Poser life so much easyer.
Did you know, that, if you load a pz2 before loading any other file, you can unlock additional options?
For this reason I have a small empty dummy pz2 directly in the  Poser runtime folder, where my morphmanager.exe resides, too(so I havn't to navigate thru the folders and I start exactly, where I want to be. BTW, morphmanager does not care where it is installed, you can simply copy it where you want and start it from there)

You can see the additional button above the left window

Also ALL channels are visible and editable in a cr2 loaded afterwords (the button does NOT disappear!)
now cou can copy full body channels as well as even empty injection channels from one file to the other, not to speak of the option to zero or delete all morphs or channels on one click (be careful with editing the channels, you may destroy the joints)
As I said, Morph manager is a very powerful tool ( and it runs on wine/linux, too )

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#4  Lickitung 03 Dec 2009 01:12

wewt :3  

Thank you both, so much! I can go back to my business as usual :3

Lickitung 
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 640
Lemons 108
hearts 45

#5  ahjah 03 Dec 2009 11:24

A cross posting with posfan, again..
She must have posted while I was still typing and getting the screen..

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130