Posetteforever "reopened" and mods I'll do and other things

Page 1 of 1

Post Posetteforever "reopened" and mods I'll do and other things

#1  Tormie 06 Oct 2005 09:40

I've just made a little modification to the ban settings of the administrative pages so that the admins can use wildcards for the banned email addresses, so I'm (slowly) adding the domains coming from free email providers, like yahoo, aol, msn, etc.

I downloaded some other modification and I'll add them to the site, one of them stops the ip coming from known free proxys an other that need validation for the users who change the email address.

Now, what we've to do with the newly created forum and galleries for the fractal group/multiple personalities user ? Leave them there or merge them in the old forums?

Tormie is home today and will work to the coding of the site... (and clean the house too   )

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  JanReinar 06 Oct 2005 12:54

I was thinking about delete Gojira works and transfer the other to Posetteforever Main Gallery! I can do it myself with all of you agree!

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  Ozymandias Jones 06 Oct 2005 14:20

Just merge them in  

Computer Lie #1: You'll never use all that disk space.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound as they fly by." - Douglas Adams

blank.gif Ozymandias Jones Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#4  pangor 06 Oct 2005 15:57

The fractal gallery was created at first when Leanndra started posting her fractal works.  It was the landscapes gallery that was added added to keep the main gallery clean when they started to flood us with so many of them.  I don't consider the quantity of my landscape images to be a flood, but perhaps the landscapse gallery can still be useful to keep the main callery clean of them?

I was thinking of creating a new catagory "Miscellaneous" that would not accept any postings, but would be used to hold the remaining galleries such as fractals, landscapes, real life photographs, and paintings.

Gojira's works, I am inclined to remove them.  However, it might be better to leave them stay for a while and see what he does; also by not removing them at this time we could deny him the ability to state that we were the aggresors in the matter.

As for the forums created for the benefit of the new people, it might be a good idea to close them down and move their contents into someplace else, such as the kindergarten forum.  It would not be a good idea to remove the contents of those forums, they provide the historical evidence of how we tried to be nice to them and how they turned on us so quickly.  Remember that they have made a threat to discredit the memory of PF whereever "they" go.  If this is the case, those discussion are our proof that what will be saying about us not true.

Pangor

pangor 

#5  pangor 06 Oct 2005 16:17

If you give the go ahead on this, I will take care of these changes that I mentioned.

Pangor

pangor 

#6  Tormie 06 Oct 2005 16:56

It's ok, about the forum just merge them in the upper forum (they are nested) and for the galleries I agree that they could stay.

About our friend moves, today he was here lurking, using one of his ip, I banned it for a while and he used a proxy... Then I installed the proxy mod...

He know that we knows (lol) so I doubt he will spread dirt against us. For example he used the same trick not only at Renderosity but at rendervision too. Unfortunately there could be a big error there because if I log in I can see nothing...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#7  Tormie 06 Oct 2005 17:47

Hey, the proxy stopper seems to work for real   !

go here: http://www.goproxing.com/

if you put in the box posetteforever.com it gives a 404 error, not if you wirte another url  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#8  JanReinar 06 Oct 2005 18:53

pangor";p="25497 wrote: 
The fractal gallery was created at first when Leanndra started posting her fractal works.  It was the landscapes gallery that was added added to keep the main gallery clean when they started to flood us with so many of them.  I don't consider the quantity of my landscape images to be a flood, but perhaps the landscapse gallery can still be useful to keep the main callery clean of them?
Gojira's works, I am inclined to remove them.  However, it might be better to leave them stay for a while and see what he does; also by not removing them at this time we could deny him the ability to state that we were the aggresors in the matter.

I don't know about details of  the creation the fractal gallery! Sorry!

I have to agree with will about Gojira works!

pangor";p="25497 wrote: 

I was thinking of creating a new catagory "Miscellaneous" that would not accept any postings, but would be used to hold the remaining galleries such as fractals, landscapes, real life photographs, and paintings.

This is a great idea! I support it!  

pangor";p="25497 wrote: 
As for the forums created for the benefit of the new people, it might be a good idea to close them down and move their contents into someplace else, such as the kindergarten forum.  It would not be a good idea to remove the contents of those forums, they provide the historical evidence of how we tried to be nice to them and how they turned on us so quickly.  Remember that they have made a threat to discredit the memory of PF whereever "they" go.  If this is the case, those discussion are our proof that what will be saying about us not true.

I think we ever can delete this forums or better we need the this little saga historical evidence more than anything about "then"!

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#9  pangor 06 Oct 2005 22:32

I just checked access via that proxy too

No matter which which domain name for PF I tried the all got 404 errors!  

I tried the sites that I recommended as places to post, I got into each one I tried.  

Good work!

Pangor

pangor 

#10  pangor 07 Oct 2005 00:40

I have moved the contents of the "Fractalmania" and "A Whole New World With terragen" forums into 3D Nightmares (somehow very appropriate place. )  Then those two forums have been removed.  There was a topic started by "Robert" in both of then named "Yeah", to avoid problems, I renamed the one from the terragen forum into "Yeah terragen".

The miscellaneous gallery has been created.  It does not provide posting privilages for anyone other than admin (so that I could upload an image for the gallery thumbnail.)  This gallery now contains the "Landscapes", "Photos from real life !", "Paintings", "Fractals", and "Testing" galleries.

I uploaded two images today to serve as the gallery thumbnails for "Testing" and "Miscellaneous".   It is a violation of the one a day limit  

I found a permissions error in one of the galleries, there error permitted uploads by guests, I fixed it and check the rest.  I think I caused that error a while back.   Nobody discovered and exploited that error.  

Pangor

pangor 

#11  JanReinar 07 Oct 2005 00:50

Great job Pangor! Tomorrow they sut down the my work server for maintenance and I will lurk the Album searching for TOS violations!

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#12  Tormie 07 Oct 2005 06:19

It's ok pangor, maybe I would have left the photos from real life in the front and nested into it the "pictures of yourself", even because I know that for example Guiltypleasures has a lot of shot to post (when she find the time), in any case it's a living gallery. For paintings I think it's better to keep it on the front in order to show to new users that we like those kind of art too.

Maybe the miscellaneous gallery should be the place for "abandoned" projects that could go in the front line if someone is intereted in them, I've done the same with hawktoey boutique and with the dancing club of Deviant Viking.

(Now I really must know what happened to hawktoey, I know that DV is fine)

P.S. I changed the sorting method from "most active" to latest"

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#13  pangor 07 Oct 2005 08:24

Thanks, that is a better arrangement.   Modifications Done.

Pangor

pangor 

#14  Tormie 07 Oct 2005 11:24

Thank you pangor   !

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban