Example of acceptable postwork

Page 1 of 1

Post Example of acceptable postwork

#1  pangor 28 Nov 2005 09:25

Considering concern that has been expressed about how much postwork is too much according to the guidelines for this project.  Here is an example from the postwork that I did on my first work for this project.

First, if there are any mesh crack or joint bending problems, they should be fixed, there is no doubt about that.

The post work fixed several problems.  When I started working on this picture was intended as to be an unplanned  work for the fun of it.  A doodle.  If nothing good resulted, it would have been used to test some postwork ideas and then discarded.  So, I did not properly plan the lighting.  While it was rendering, I chose to proced with an idea for a weekly series that I had been thinking and I selected this picture to be the first one for the series. It was the next day that the series became this project.

Therefore it was nessary to fix the lighting, but I did not want to go back and render the picture again after making the needed adjustments to the lights.  It was faster to fix it during post. As you can see it was rendered without a background.  There was a problem in that the granite block she is sittin on was cutting into her leg in a way that is unnatual.  That problem was not visible until the fullsize production render was finished.  Dur to the lighting her facial details, in partiular her eye were not well enough defined.

The problem of the block and her leg were fixed with a combination of cloning and smudging brushes.

To fix the definintion of the facial details, her face and hair were selected and passed though a sharpen filter.

A background of black was added but the result was too stark in contrast to the foreground, tow layers of fogging were added to the background.

Time to adjust the lighting:  If the lighting adjustment included the granite block, it would have been too distracing, so SHaryn and the block were isolated into a seperate layers.  Two adjustment layer were added, one to control the brightness and the other to control the contrast, their effect was limited to sharyn only.  Then a layer was added to control color saturation.  The strength of each of these layers was adjusted until they produced the reulst that you see in the final work.  One more layer was added to hold my copyright signiture which was then blended into the picture.

And the final work was ready to be flatened and save as a jpeg. Then two thumbnails were created from it.  One acceptable for Renderosity, and another acceptable for Rendervisions.  The job was finished and the final work was ready to be uploaded.

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Posy 28 Nov 2005 09:36

the next day the series became this project. Do you know how?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#3  pangor 28 Nov 2005 09:42

Thanks to friends here at Posetteforever.

pangor 

#4  JanReinar 28 Nov 2005 10:23

Tanks for this tip!       

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250