The Sara Project, Digital Hippies and Tapestry of Dreams.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post The Sara Project, Digital Hippies and Tapestry of Dreams.

#1  pangor 15 Dec 2005 19:09

I was visiting PBnJ's site, The Sara Project, today and I saw the news.

Quote:

DH is currently closed

sorry, but digitalhippies.com is closed for the time being. we've just got too many things popping up on us, and too many interests to give the site the time and dedication it needs to stay up and useful. for those looking for pbnj's Poser stuff, please head over to the sara project to find them. nikki will be keeping the sara project up for the time being, then moving her free packages to a static page in the near future.

check back soon as we will be updating this page with some of the mini-sites we're currently working on.

-mad love
hash & pbnj - the digital hippies

http://www.digitalhippies.com/

Pangor

Last edited by pangor on 16 Dec 2005 09:21; edited 1 time in total 
 pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  tda42 15 Dec 2005 19:24

Bummer! I had alot of great talks with her and she is one of the most kindest people I know of on the site. It is a shame Matt and Nikki are having this kind of problems. She has been really busy on projects left and right from the last time I had spoke with her. I guess it might have been to much. I wish them both the best. They deserve it.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#3  Tormie 15 Dec 2005 20:18

Obviously we can open a forum or a subset of forums here it they want, but I think that The Sara project id the most important thing   !

(I've to remove their banner )

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  pangor 15 Dec 2005 22:39

I sent PBnJ an email and a PM a while back about somthing else, no answer yet.  I have the feeling that she is not on-line very much anymore.

Tormie, your idea here for The Sara Project and you similar offer at ToD combined with the subdomain topic gave me an idea.

If PBnJ were to accept your idea, the name could be preserved at the forum with subforums and sith subdomain deligation, the Sara Project forums could be accessible by the domain name of saraproject.posetteforever.com

In the case of ToD, it could be even cleaner, since Chris already has tapestryofdreams.net registerd, it ould be redirected to something like tapestryofdreams.posetteforever.com which would lead a visitor to the ToD forums of PF.

Pangor

pangor 

#5  pangor 15 Dec 2005 22:48

For anyone who is wondering what it is we are talking about in realation to tapestry of  dreams here is the URL where the furture of that site is being discussed.

http://tapestryofdreams.net/phpBB2/

pangor 

#6  Tormie 15 Dec 2005 23:44

yes, it could be. About pbnj her project is Sara project and it's still alive, but actually I can't remember what's for digitalhippies :mmmh:.
About tapestry the best choice for them could simply be to spend little money on a serious hosting provider, at netcraft there is a rating for them so its easy to choose. I suggested godaddy because it's the one we have and it could be a nice and cheap solution even because, like PF, actually they don't generate a lot of traffic. The option to host them here could be done in case they would close tapestry. Actually I could even recreate all their forum tree on a subforum here with all the messages and the users account too, but I can assure you that it would be a hell of a manual work on the database      . However the final result couldn't be to recreate tapestry here but to merge the two projects, creating some specific forum and moving the old threads in our forums in order not to lose their experience. It is not possible to recreate another site here as it was simply because Posetteforever is Posetteforever and have its characteristics, one of them is to be helpful when people have some difficult moment...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#7  pangor 16 Dec 2005 00:49

I agree.  In case those situation came to be, I was thinking about how to make the transition less suprising to the members from those sites until they become familiar with the new situation.

However, it really is better for ToD to continue as a seperate site.  That is what is happening. Glenn is setting up the site at a new host (Go Daddy).  In the meantime there is a temporary gallery using message attachments and inline images.

Pangor

pangor 

#8  pangor 16 Dec 2005 09:19

Tapestry of Dreams is no more.  With the migration to Go Daddy, the site is now known as 3D Tapestry and the new URL is www.3dtapestry.com.  Members need to register once again.  The planned redirector is not yet working, and the entry page is not ready either, so the URL of the forum itself is required to enter the site for now: http://www.3dtapestry.com/forum/index.php

Pangor

pangor 

#9  Posy 16 Dec 2005 09:24

"Why do I need to register to this forums at all? " You may not have too, it is up to the administrator of the board as to whether you need to register in order to post messages. However registration will give you access to additional features not available to guest users such as definable avatar images, private messaging, emailing of fellow users, usergroup subscription, etc. It only takes a few moments to register so it is recommended you do so.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#10  pangor 16 Dec 2005 09:27

True, but it is not Posetteforever that I was referring to this time.

Pangor

pangor 

Post Re: The Sara Project, Digital Hippies and Tapestry of Dreams

#11  Tormie 16 Dec 2005 10:18

For a simple redirect put this code in an index.htm and index.html file in the main directory of the old server
[code:1:501e592ab7]
<html>
<head>
<title>Redirecting...</title>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="0; URL=http://www.3dtapestry.com">
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>[/code:1:501e592ab7]

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#12  pangor 17 Dec 2005 01:32

For the moment they are putting more effort into getting the new site up and running.  Nothing at the old locations has been adjusted yet.

However!  Most of tthe rest of the new site now seems to be working fine.  All, the messages, pictures and account settings are back to what they were before the upgrade began.  There is no need to reregister anymore.

Pangor

pangor 

#13  melamkish 03 Apr 2006 17:13

I was over at The Sara Project this morning. A bunch of us are starting an impromtu project.  I'm going to try and model a VW van (another chance to pull my hair out)

But the real reason for this post is that PBNJ was seen wandering around the forums for the first time in awhile!    Maybe she will stop by here sometime soon.

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#14  ahjah 04 Apr 2006 01:43

This is good news. We miss her a lot...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

#15  pangor 07 Apr 2006 17:34

I was about to go render somethin, but I think I will come to TSP first.

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next