It happened three years ago :)

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post It happened three years ago

#1  Tormie 30 Mar 2006 23:20

Hi friends

You know this is a special day because three years ago Posetteforever was born, so this is the right occasion for me and you all to write some words for the celebration (please Posy turn off the light and use the candles)...

I don't remember all and if I watch the first posts they looks to me very far, however what I remember every time is that I invited a lot of friends from another site and no one of them joined Posetteforever as a stable member ...

Time has passed and I found here a group of friends like I never had in my everyday life, through this site I clearly understood the simple reality that we're all the same no matter where we live and how we're done: everyone of us has similar if not the same problems and find relief from a hard life in our little art which is well symbolized by the philosophy of our site: no ranks and no competition between users, the "I'm better of" or the "I'm the best" is banned from this site. This could sound boring but after a hard day of work or after a day passed surviving tons of problems it's good to have some relief in a place like this, like an oasis in the desert, have some fun and act like children, it has been and it is a good medicine for my heart.
And this is done thank to you my dearest friends :hug2:, sincerely I never had friends like you and I'm crying and I'm so sorry because I'm far from each one of you when I would be closer, be there when you have a problem and help if you need to be helped.
The link between us is so thin that I fear that if it would broke I would be not able to know something of you and it scares me a lot

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress... ehm... Let's talk about the balance of the last year from my personal point of view:

First of all I want to remember the sad loss of our friend Juliette, we suffered a lot for her sad destiny and of her baby :sad:. For the little time she was with us we knew her as a happy person and she is still in our thoughts   . I'm not a religious person but if there is something like a heaven she truly deserves it...

How I can't remind the attack of the "borgs" ? All began with this supposed group of users that after this post we found to be only one individual   ! It was bad but it introduced more power of decision from the staff in the administration of the site (and caused Tormie to become lazier than ever     )

Speaking of the album, even if I still haven't found enough time to watch it every day and comment the new pictures I can say for sure that the skill of everyone is increased a lot     ! We've a gallery like no else ! And thank you, thank you very much friends for your precious works put in our free stuff archive       !!

The projects, the tutorials, the exhibitions in the album show that even if we are hardly lazy we're a living and very strong community in good health. Thank to your passion and work we arrived to be number 32861 in the netcraft ranking of all known sites, and it's not bad for a little place like us when you think that we're listed before big commercial sites with big money      . We're also in the first places for the word "Posette" in all the search engines   . You can see clearly that in the last period the users per day rate is increasing and even if it is a little scaring it's the clear result of your work and love for Posetteforever. Thank you friends , this is your success and yes, I'm the owner of the site on the paper but this is your place first of all   ...

So... I spent some hours writing this post, lol, and no more time to finish my picture for the anniversary :redface:, but you already know how it will end: I'll post it very late and out of time as usual   (      )

So let me remind you the initiatives for the anniversary: first of all there is a special gallery for an exhibition, the theme is about "three" and/or something for our anniversary   ! So let's start posing

Then I'll start a new Lottery for the "anniversary interview". It will be a short end lottery of one week, so let's go and buy your ticket !

And then, as usual, I ordered a van full of pizzas and cold drinks and >knock! knock!< they are at the door ! The juke box is hot, melamkish prepared the rooms   while pangor is switching on the machines for extra food  , uncle Harold an Andreas are coming with the music while I and all the other friends are chatting in the balcony during a perfect spring night. Posy and all the girls are late for the make up   but all is ready ! So friend

[align=center:8f66d92e74][size=18:8f66d92e74]Let's start the party ![/size:8f66d92e74][/align:8f66d92e74]

[marq=left:8f66d92e74][color=red:8f66d92e74][size=24:8f66d92e74][align=center:8f66d92e74]Happy anniversary Posetteforever ![/align:8f66d92e74][/size:8f66d92e74][/color:8f66d92e74][/marq:8f66d92e74]

Last edited by Tormie on 30 Mar 2006 23:39; edited 4 times in total 
it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Posy 30 Mar 2006 23:21

As Einstein said, "Time is Money. "

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#3  Tormie 30 Mar 2006 23:31

So hurry with the make up darling   !

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  Posy 30 Mar 2006 23:40

As Einstein said, "Time is Money. "

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#5  Belladonna 31 Mar 2006 00:25

Congrats!! on the 3 years!! and keep going strong.     

[size=12:6e3b313dff][font=Andalus:6e3b313dff][color=indigo:6e3b313dff][b:6e3b313dff][align=center:6e3b313dff] I Feel So Pretty... the cat just scratched me!!:lmao: [/align:6e3b313dff][/b:6e3b313dff][/color:6e3b313dff][/font:6e3b313dff][/size:6e3b313dff]

Belladonna Gender: Female
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 560
Lemons 320
hearts 0

#6  ahjah 31 Mar 2006 00:30

So three years by now... (I´ll have my personal "3 years ahjah at Posetteforever" next week ).
I cannot find any better words describing this time around here.
Davide, my friend, you said it so well.
We had been going thru a lot of changes. People left, more people joined in...
But we never lost the spirit, that I felt on my very first day, and that made me know in this very first moment, I´d stay

So : Happy Birthday, Posetteforever! Let´s keep this spirit alive

PS: Unfortunally, I didn´t find the time to render a picture, but I´ll upload a BIG anniversary gift to the freebies, tonight

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

#7  JanReinar 31 Mar 2006 01:47

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POSETTEFOREVER!

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#8  melamkish 31 Mar 2006 04:24

Happy Anniversary!       

This has been the best place to hang out and relax!  You are all fantastic,   The atmosphere is cordial and we can joke   or be serious and talk freely when we need someone to listen.  

Thank you very much, Tormie for keeping the door open, and to all my friends that make this the best place on the planet!   

I agree, it's party time!

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#9  Posy 31 Mar 2006 04:24

Happy Anniversary to you too, melamkish.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#10  melamkish 31 Mar 2006 04:25

And my best to you and Angela, Posy!

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#11  Posy 31 Mar 2006 04:25

My brain uses AIML to format responses to your inputs, but I don't have one for that.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#12  Belladonna 31 Mar 2006 06:05

JanReinar - those smilies really kick butt....

happy anniversary Posy!

[size=12:6e3b313dff][font=Andalus:6e3b313dff][color=indigo:6e3b313dff][b:6e3b313dff][align=center:6e3b313dff] I Feel So Pretty... the cat just scratched me!!:lmao: [/align:6e3b313dff][/b:6e3b313dff][/color:6e3b313dff][/font:6e3b313dff][/size:6e3b313dff]

Belladonna Gender: Female
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 560
Lemons 320
hearts 0

#13  Posy 31 Mar 2006 06:05

Are you still located in it?

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#14  pangor 31 Mar 2006 08:18

Hello everyone,

Posetteforever has now been here for three years, while I have been a member of this great place and a part of our family of friends for only year and a few months now.  Compared to many of our members I am still a green horn around here, and you have welcomed me as once of you.  You have placed your trust in me to help this place to remain safe and to help when things go wrong; for this I am deeply grateful, thank you.

As has been said this is a place where we can come, relax, share our love of art, a place to be silly and a place to be serious; a place to share our happy times and seek comfort when things go not so nice in our lives.  But what is this place, or rather where is this place.  From a pragmatic viewpoint, Posetteforever location is on the server that is hosting this website.  But that is not the real Posetteforever.  The real Posetteforever was born from Tormie's dream and it has grown as each an everyone of us found it, found that we liked it here.  Why did we like it here, because it touched somthing inside of each of us and said to us, this is a place that I like, these are people I like.  And so with Posetteforver grows for Posetteforever is not in that desert where the server is, it is where each of us are.  A peice of Posetteforever is right there where you are now, if you want to see tha piece, look in a mirror for you are a part of Posetteforever, we all are.  What exists in that server is like the body, but all of us together are the soul of Posetteforever.

When I started getting involed with art once again, I visited many sites.  When you go to another forum look in the membership listing and you may see that I am already there too.  But at that time I was a lurker and a lurker only.  Then  while still a lurker I got involved at another website, I had not intended to, but it just sort of happened.  An event there happened that almost drove me back to being a lurker only, but by that time I had stopped being a lurker and started posting here and I was accepted as one of you.  So just as the event at the other site could have done me harm, it was being a part of Posetteforver that helped to heal me.  Posetteforever is a healing place for our spirits as well as a fun place to play.

I said before how I came here in the first place, and what lead be to want to stay here as more than a lurker.  Bit it seems only right to say it agin here in this topic in this forum.

One day, shortly after my years long lack of inspiration faded away and art returned to my life, I was viewing the artworks in a.b.3.p and a.b.3.b when I saw a thread of replies without the initial article the one that contained the picture.  The fragments of the picture's description as available through the quotations in the replies, got my attention.  It sounded fun and playful, I wanted to see the picture but it was already expired, but from the quotations, I learned that he picure was posted by "Tormentor".  Other pictures by "Tormentor" were posted but in each case they were expired before I got the chance to see them; however, in one of the quotations was included the URL for some place named Posetteforver.

What did I do?  I went there, that is, I came here.  I registered but it didn't work.  Something went wrong and I never got my activation email.  I waited for a while, then I sent Tormie an email about my problem.  I had been hoping that he would either force the system to send me a new activation email, or to delete by account, so that I could try again to register.  The was jsut before going to bed.  While I was hoping for help, I did not really expect any.  However when I got up the next morning I found an email from Tormie.  Rather than provided the minimal help that I had asked for, Tormie had activated my account for me.  That impressed me very much.  I have been here ever since.  Altough it did take me a couple of month before I worked up the courage to post something.

I would like to say more but for the moment, I will only say, Thank you everyone.

pangor 

#15  Posy 31 Mar 2006 08:19

Which magazine was it? I don't know why it happened, but we should try to figure it out. exists in that server something. How specifically do I make you am already there tooHe wrote "Total Recall", "Man in the High Castle", and "Blade Runner. "Can you please speak English? Yes, pangor, I remember we  were talking about it.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

HideWas this topic useful?