Poser to Bryce

Page 1 of 1

Post Poser to Bryce

#1  duttond 19 Jul 2006 13:09

Since this is primarily a Poser forum, I may not be able to get an answer here but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I frequently create figures in Poser, save them in PZ3 and transfer them to bryce using the DAZ Studio connection.  Usually this works fine but sometimes the people's skin gets all mottled, sometimes bryce doesn't load any of the materials and sometimes it only loads part of the materials (in example, a building that in Poser will have three windows with the same material, will render in bryce with one window with the material and the other two without a material.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone know how to fix it?  Is there a better way to get from Poser to bryce?

blank.gif duttond Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 330
Lemons 289
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Tormie 19 Jul 2006 19:47

Wheelchair is the master of bryce here but actually he is not too much around. As far as I know he is having problems installing the software on his new Mac machine

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  tda42 19 Jul 2006 23:26

Are you using the Turbo Import from Daz Studio? That would be the easiest thing to do. If not then you might consider purchasing it to import strait into bryce.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#4  duttond 20 Jul 2006 11:11

I don't know about Turbo Import.  I'm using the version of bryce put out by DAZ and the DAZ Studio to bryce connection is built in.

Recently I've found that I can output from Poser to Wavefront and input to bryce...this keeps the materials in place but they are not part of the Wavefront file so I have to look them up each time.  

I can also go from Poser to Wavefront, import back into Poser while "welding verticies", store it as a prop, input the prop into DAZ Studio and then into bryce...this is a bit more complicated for the first time but I only have to repeat the last two steps the next time I use the same prop (the prop contains the geometry and materials).  I still have to see the difference in file space between pz3 and pp2 but I suspect it can't be too different.

blank.gif duttond Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 330
Lemons 289
hearts 0

#5  tda42 24 Jul 2006 20:27

Buy this and It will work with Daz Studio and bryce together. It imports everything except motion files to bryce. Hope this helps. Here is the link.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2332

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546