A partial solution to the spammers problem

Page 1 of 1

Post A partial solution to the spammers problem

#1  Tormie 10 Oct 2006 14:15

Hi friends

I may have found a solution to the spammers problem and the change I had to do to the registrations to the site, that now are (were) very complicated.

I changed the forum settings in the way that each one of the forum is a "moderated" forum and everyone who writes in it needs an approval from a staff member (actually only me) before the post will be displayed normally.

Each user can be added to an "auto approval" list, it means that when he or she is added he or she doesn't need approval anymore, he or she goes to "normal" state.

So I switched all forum to "moderated" and added all the active users to the "auto-approved" users list (you should have receive a PM about it).

In this way when a new users post for the first time I can see what he or she post, if it's spam -> ban, on the contrary if it's a normal post I'll move the user to the autoapproved list

Actually I'm the only one that can approve users, if you want to help me, tell and I'll add you too (thank you )

I've to find a similar solution for the album and maybe for the shoutbox if someone is so persistent.

We'll see, however keep an eye opened, all of you have the moderators privilege to move post and topics

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: A partial solution to the spammers problem

#2  pangor 09 Nov 2006 06:13

I am sorry for not helping sooner,  now since the upgrade,  I am getting the announcements too and have started checking.

pangor 

Post Re: A partial solution to the spammers problem

#3  Tormie 09 Nov 2006 09:07

Hi pangor, actually I've to double check this approval mod on this version so I went back to the admin control of new accounts, however, next week I'll have some more time to check the code and to finish the work on the site, some bugs appeared and I corrected it.

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

HideWas this topic useful?